Josh Allen Home Reg Season After Nov

Back2Buff

Josh Allen at home in the regular season after Nov is gross.  A couple anomalies, but the guy is not a good cold weather QB.  I took out the game in 2019 vs Jets when he was pulled, but he averages 55% with 2 TD and 1 INT.  He is always wildly inaccurate when the weather gets cold.

image.thumb.png.15e43cf3977f7f9b111088b3792a04b6.png

• Eyeroll 3

7 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Josh Allen at home in the regular season after Nov is gross.  A couple anomalies, but the guy is not a good cold weather QB.  I took out the game in 2019 vs Jets when he was pulled, but he averages 55% with 2 TD and 1 INT.  He is always wildly inaccurate when the weather gets cold.

What's the Bills win/loss record in those games? Just curious.

I use to bring this up when talking about the stadium. But a fair response was how have opposing QBs looked? I actually don’t know. I suspect they have worse stats.

Josh is a rare QB that doesn’t need great completion % or passing TD/INT ratio. He can score 30 and only have 200 yards and 1 TD passing.

• Agree 2

Very clever qualifying it with “regular season” to exclude possibly the best game any QB ever played. 

Also:

Including 2018

Including games like Atlanta/Carolina where the game plans were clearly different due to how bad the opposition was

Using the Dallas game from three weeks ago as a data point implying poor QB play.  Did you watch that one?

What is the Bills record in the games you list above?  How about if you exclude 2018?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I'm not the biggest fan of JA17, he is a rollercoaster for sure.  But I want every opposing QB's stats - I think waht you're complaining about is an open air stadium in the snowbelt.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, ScotSHO said:

I'm not the biggest fan of JA17, he is a rollercoaster for sure.  But I want every opposing QB's stats - I think waht you're complaining about is an open air stadium in the snowbelt.

Rain and wind in that stadium is so much worse than cold and snow. It really a miserable weather stadium. I hate it.

1 minute ago, ScotSHO said:

Not really, I remember seeing him play at Wyoming and it seemed when it was cold, he was inaccurate.  So I wanted to see how he has done in NFL, and it tells the same story.

• Disagree 2

Stadium design. Winter weather = wind = a real s**t show for everything relying upon the atmospheric conditions.

Clearly a dome over a new park would be best, but I would imagine a modern design firm is going to figure out how to eliminate some of the quirks that are accentuated by the sunken stadium.

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

Not really, I remember seeing him play at Wyoming and it seemed when it was cold, he was inaccurate.  So I wanted to see how he has done in NFL, and it tells the same story.

What an absolute load.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I don't think he's inaccurate - how many were off the mark last Sunday?  

6 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

Stadium design. Winter weather = wind = a real s**t show for everything relying upon the atmospheric conditions.

Clearly a dome over a new park would be best, but I would imagine a modern design firm is going to figure out how to eliminate some of the quirks that are accentuated by the sunken stadium.

Hopefully the confused wind can’t find its way into the new stadium. The rain will probably show the confused wind where to go though.

There will be no excuses this Sunday night. Probably going to be in the 60's/70's with no humidity. Josh should have a good game here. As for the Bills I wish they would have built a dome even though I know that isn't happening. The current team isn't built to play in nasty weather. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

There will be no excuses this Sunday night. Probably going to be in the 60's/70's with no humidity. Josh should have a good game here. As for the Bills I wish they would have built a dome even though I know that isn't happening. The current team isn't built to play in nasty weather. 

I don’t know. I think they’re built for it better than previous teams.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t know. I think they’re built for it better than previous teams.

They do run the ball better with Cook, but this offense still revolves around Allen. Despite the Cowboys game and this past Sunday when Josh didn't have great days.

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

They do run the ball better with Cook, but this offense still revolves around Allen. Despite the Cowboys game and this past Sunday when Josh didn't have great days.

I mean, can’t pretty much every contending team left say the say the same thing that their offense revolves around their QB?

Just now, Beast said:

I mean, can’t pretty much every contending team left say the say the same thing that their offense revolves around their QB?

I am not sure the 49ers offense revolves around Purdy. CMC is the heart and soul of that offense.

36 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

“wildly inaccurate”

Put the ***** pipe down.

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I am not sure the 49ers offense revolves around Purdy. CMC is the heart and soul of that offense.

OK, 1 maybe?

Edited by Beast

1 minute ago, Beast said:

“wildly inaccurate”

Put the ***** pipe down.

OK, 1 maybe?

I would add the Browns as well. Their offense is built around running the ball to go along with that great defense. Although Flacco has played well for them.

20 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I would add the Browns as well. Their offense is built around running the ball to go along with that great defense. Although Flacco has played well for them.

I mean, this is just plain silly. Allen was off Sunday and people are questioning whether he can play in bad weather.

Even the stats the OP put up…25 TD’s and 11 INT’s. Compare it to opposing QB’s that walk into this stadium. Highmark is probably the toughest stadium to play QB in the NFL.

Josh Allen….the first QB in league history to put up 40 total TD’s a year for 4 straight years.

Some Bills fans don’t deserve him.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

I mean, this is just plain silly. Allen was off Sunday and people are questioning whether he can play in bad weather.

Even the stats the OP put up…25 TD’s and 11 INT’s. Compare it to opposing QB’s that walk into this stadium. High ark is probably the toughest stadium to play QB in the NFL.

Josh Allen….the first QB in league history to put up 40 total TD’s a year for 4 straight years.

Some Bills fans don’t deserve him.

I wasn't one of them. Even with a better run game (Cook) the offense still relies mostly on Allen. Same could be said with Mahomes (KC) and Jackson (BAL)

• Agree 1

1) Here are the defensive rankings for each of the defenses. Didn’t bother with his rookie year, but 10 of his last 13 December games were against top 10 defenses.

IMG-6007.jpg

2) 11 TD’s and 2 INT over his last 6 december games is pretty good…

Update: one of the Jets is wrong. I missed that it was in January, making it the previous year season. Tough to edit the image on a phone so putting this edit in text.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Very clever qualifying it with “regular season” to exclude possibly the best game any QB ever played. 

Also:

Including 2018

Including games like Atlanta/Carolina where the game plans were clearly different due to how bad the opposition was

Using the Dallas game from three weeks ago as a data point implying poor QB play.  Did you watch that one?

What is the Bills record in the games you list above?  How about if you exclude 2018?

Have to laugh with these narratives 

thank you for using logic

why are people picking apart Allen right now?

are we serious?

1 hour ago, BobBelcher said:

I like how the anomalies are Miami.  Dude always plays well against Miami.  Home or away it seems. 

came here to say this. he really IS their father. if not for charles clays idiot hands he'd have just 1, 3 point loss to them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The turnovers will probably catch up to them at some point. 8 INTs and 4 fumbles in 5 games is a lot.  Last in the league in turnovers, and 3rd in takeaways on defense. 

They're getting yards and big plays right now, they run the ball well, but the margin for error come playoff time is usually pretty slim.  A bad INT and a missed FG can basically become a 6-10 point swing that costs you a game.  You also often face better offenses that turn the ball over less, which can again amplify your own turnovers.  

Defensively they have 7 games where they gave up 250 yards or less and are 7-0 in those games.  They had 3 teams under 200 yards.  Combo of bad matchups, bad QBs, and the bengals starting burrow with like 0 training camp or practice week 1.  They're a good defense,  and good defenses punish bad teams as buffalo fans have to know too.  Most of the teams that did well against them ran the ball fairly well to help slow their pass rush.  They're a tough matchup for anyone.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

What are the average QB stats in cold weather?  Hard to say if Josh is good or not in cold weather, without a baseline to compare against.

This question triggered my interest. Aaron Rodgers is the only current QB that came to mind that I can think of that plays in a climate similar to ours. I couldn’t find a stat sheet but this article tells this stats.

https://spectrumnews1.com/wi/green-bay/weather/2021/01/12/aaron-rodgers-cold-weather-advantage

No fanbase hates their qb more than this one.

Decades with incompetent play and an amazing player comes along and now 5 straight 10 wins or more and maybe the playoffs five years in a row...

and what does the fanbase do.  Nitpicks completion percentage in the cold.

I am always amazed how many here dislike the guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

He’s inaccurate when teams blow up the interior of the oline and he’s got pressure in his face that he can’t roll out of…much of it is due to having to throw off his back foot to avoid sacks.  Chargers,pats,chiefs have been able to do that the last few weeks.  It has absolutely nothing to do with temperature lol

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I bet the opposing QB stats have worse stats in those same games 90% of the time.

Of course the counting stats aren’t going to look good in bad weather, doesn’t mean Allen isn’t outperforming the other guy and getting the W.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Decades with incompetent play and an amazing player comes along and now 5 straight 10 wins or more and maybe the playoffs five years in a row...

I always find it odd that we are mostly spoiled without having won a championship haha. We win a historic amount of blowouts and now nobody can emotionally handle a close game.  Our qb makes absurdly difficult plays on a regular basis so we don’t even mention them anymore but we will beat it to death when he misses a few throws

that throw he made late in the chiefs game I’m pretty sure was impossible like how are people not talking about that still 😂

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I bet the opposing QB stats have worse stats in those same games 90% of the time.

Of course the counting stats are going to look good in bad weather, doesn’t mean Allen isn’t outperforming the other guy and getting the W.

Literally the whole basis for not putting a dome on the stadium lol josh is the prototypical bad weather qb 

22 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I just wonder how "new" some of these fans are...like if the REALLY remember the villain's gallery of sub-par QBs that followed Jim Kelly and really understand how hard it was that Buffalo FINALLY found a franchise QB.  Like they grow on trees or something.

Josh Allen is singlehandedly the best thing to happen to this franchise in 25 years.  If you've been here long enough, that's not even a questionable statement.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.