Can Khalil Shakir be WR2 next season?

need to see more but he has been coming on strong and offers a lot of after the catch ability I'd still draft a big physical mismatch type wr for Josh Doesn't seem to be any drop off from Davis making it almost 100% he wont be here next year

• Agree 1

He has quickly become the most dependable player on the offense, and the only player that consistently gets YAC. The TD he scored today has been totally missing from the offense in the Josh Allen era. And I'd like to think he'll keep getting better.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

and the only player that consistently gets YAC. The TD he scored today has been totally missing from the offense in the Josh Allen era.

Hum. I think you have already forgotten about a certain Stephon Diggs...

Shakir is the slot WR and I am all about drafting a WR in round 1 to replace Gabe. I like Gabe but the cap dollars likely need to add Gabe are just not going to be justifiable. Also Diggs will be 31 next season elite WR’s tend to fall off around age 32/33 so getting another WR to groom in what could be the last 2 or so great years from Diggs is also a long term consideration 

• Agree 2

I like Shakir.  He has been one of the best developments on offense this season, but the Bills need to invest in some WRs in the draft.  We need to replace Davis next season and a long-term replacement for Diggs.  I like Shakir as the 3.  We need a big WR who can go up and get 50/50 balls.  We also need someone who can actually run the correct route and that’s not Davis.  

Go compare our receiving core to the one GB has developed for Love over the last two years. They added Watson (2nd), Reed (2nd), Wicks (5th) and Doubs (4th) plus Musgrave (2nd) and Kraft (3rd) at TE.  The four WR’s accounted for nearly 2500 yards receiving and 25 touchdowns.   Diggs, Davis and Shakir only accounted for 17TDs.  Harty was our 4th WR and had only 150 yards.  

Do you realize that Davis (a 4th rd pick) is the highest WR pick in the Beane era?  We can do better.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/7/2024 at 11:10 PM, Punch said:

Shakir profiled very similarly to Diggs coming out of college. I'm not saying he'll directly replace Stefon, but he's very talented and I expect him to contribute in a big way for years to come.

5 hours ago, Heels20X6 said:

He’s like a prime Cole Beasley. 

5 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Reminded me of lance moore

Khalil Shakir reminds me quite a bit of former Bills WR Robert Woods.

They're very similar physically, both have that hunched over running style and are excellent after the catch.

Both really good all-around receivers.

• Like (+1) 3

"Can Khalil Shakir be WR2 next season?"

he could...but they won't do that....he's perfect in the slot (like beasley was).

the WR2 position for the bills needs to be a speed demon.....take the top off the opposing defense. #14, #86, #10 & #4  has the rest of the field.

Shakir is a gamer and a great #3. In a way similar to Gabe’s big game history and solid 3/4WR play. Neither are #2s however. Gabe is so inconsistent game to game and Shakir is served much better as a slot receiver since he doesn’t have the great speed a solid WR2 would need to compliment Diggs. 

Shakir actually has a lot of Beasley qualities when it comes to his lower speed yet high end shiftiness. 

No they still need to bring in someone with elite strength/speed/quickness who can win at LOS. 

Shakir is shifty and reliable, and poised to be a contributor with great upside in terms of YAC. I don’t believe he stretches the defense vertically enough or is the precision route runner you want to be relying on from the outside. 

That being said, I’d love to see those bubble screens Diggs gets to to #10. Maybe we need less Edwards and 6 OL, fewer Knox/Gilliam snaps and more Shakir. 

For a 5th rounder, he’s found his groove in this offense. 

9 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I’d like to keep Shakir in his current role but replace Davis with a Lee Evans type vertical threat with speed.

Very much. Do the people here know who were there oooh and ahhhhing about in the playoffs in 2021? Gabe Davis.

This is the kind of thing a player can do when they are 3rd/4th on the receiving threat list. Full time #2 would be an issue.

Shakir is fantastic, I still think we need to spend a high draft pick out an outside WR

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 2

The Bills have 11 draft picks; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5(2), 6(4), and a 7.  I’d love to see Beane maneuver in the draft to end up with an extra top 3 round pick.  The Bills need 2WRs, at least 1 S, and a DE or DT.  My thought is trading back from the 1st rd into the 2nd and picking up and extra 3rd in the process.  With 2 2nds and 2 3rds, I think Beane could get a safety and WR in the 2nd and then a WR and DE/DT in the 3rd.  

Former Bulldog and Longhorn AD Mitchell would be the WR I’d target in the 2nd rd.  He is big and very fast with very good hands.  Jerry Rice’s kid Brendon (USC) would be another really interesting big receiver in the 3rd.  

Edited by GASabresIUFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.