Congratulations JA17

Buffalo716

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Whatever man. Diggs had more than a step on his single coverage with no safety help. If Josh doesnt under throw that ball it’s a sure TD 

One step.  And a smart QB knows not to underthrow a pass going back across the middle of the field.  Quit treating the guy as if he’s the second coming.

6 minutes ago, McBean said:

And the media puppets say he stinks.

We are so fortunate to have #17 on our team.

Way to go Josh. The best to ever take a snap in Buffalo Bills history.

Yes we are fortunate.  And also yes he has to stop throwing dumb picks.  They are not mutually exclusive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

58 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

We all love Josh, we all think he’ll bring a Lombardi to WNY, but you can set your watch by the dumb picks he throws time after time.

A lot of QB's this season are throwing nearly as many picks or losing more fumbles while not coming close to producing the TD's Allen does. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

A lot of QB's this season are throwing nearly as many picks or losing more fumbles while not coming close to producing the TD's Allen does. 

As I said I love Josh as we all do.  But the picks kill us.  Imagine how much greater he’d be without them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

One step.  And a smart QB knows not to underthrow a pass going back across the middle of the field.  Quit treating the guy as if he’s the second coming.

Again I have been the most vocal here about Josh and his deep throws falling short. It’s happened for years now and I’ve been shut down time and time again. But this is not the time to make an argument about his decision to throw that ball. Diggs was open. One step with single coverage on someone like Diggs is about as open as you can expect in the NFL. The problem wasn’t the decision to throw it. It was the throw itself. You want to chalk it up to not having good footing or throwing it across body, or maybe it’s Joshs arm is hurt like many are claiming. Fine. But the fact is, the ball was under thrown by at least 2-3 yards. And if it’s not it’s a TD. 

Just now, mrags said:

Again I have been the most vocal here about Josh and his deep throws falling short. It’s happened for years now and I’ve been shut down time and time again. But this is not the time to make an argument about his decision to throw that ball. Diggs was open. One step with single coverage on someone like Diggs is about as open as you can expect in the NFL. The problem wasn’t the decision to throw it. It was the throw itself. You want to chalk it up to not having good footing or throwing it across body, or maybe it’s Joshs arm is hurt like many are claiming. Fine. But the fact is, the ball was under thrown by at least 2-3 yards. And if it’s not it’s a TD. 

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we’d all have a Merry Christmas.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Yes we are fortunate.  And also yes he has to stop throwing dumb picks.  They are not mutually exclusive.

They are mutually exclusive:

*  First off the INT last night was not a dumb throw.  It was a good decision that might have gone the distance had Allen put a couple of more yards on what was a very difficult throw. 

*  Second, Allen's high TD production is in part due to his willingness to take risks.  INT's are a natural result of risk taking.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Throwing a ball 50 yards down field on the run and coming up short by 3 yards isn’t a dumb pick.

outside of mahomes, not another qb in the league can throw that ball he tried 40 yards on that angle.

chill.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, McBean said:

Throwing a ball 50 yards down field on the run and coming up short by 3 yards isn’t a dumb pick.

outside of mahomes, not another qb in the league can throw that ball he tried 40 yards on that angle.

chill.

Tried.  And failed.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

They are mutually exclusive:

*  First off the INT last night was not a dumb throw.  It was a good decision that might have gone the distance had Allen put a couple of more yards on what was a very difficult throw. 

*  Second, Allen's high TD production is in part due to his willingness to take risks.  INT's are a natural result of risk taking.

Dumb picks are Josh’s Achilles heel unfortunately.

Just now, mrags said:

Right. Ifs and buts. You’re saying he makes bad decisions. In saying he makes some bad throws. There’s a difference. 

I see your point.  I would say throwing deep back across into the middle of the field is not a good decision.

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

You claim you "love Allen" then call him dumb.  Sorry but I read your posts and I don't buy it.

Love the guy but he makes some dumb decisions.  They again are not exclusive.

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I see your point.  I would say throwing deep back across into the middle of the field is not a good decision.

Love the guy but he makes some dumb decisions.  They again are not exclusive.

I’m done with you here. Enjoy 

Josh’s mechanics have taken a step back this year.

On that deep pick, he had plenty of time to set his feet and make a more accurate throw. As it was, he was rolling to his right (his favorite play) and threw back across the field which resulted in an under throw. Good decision, bad execution.

Josh needs to work on his footwork and mechanics again this off season with Palmer and start taking the off season a little more seriously. He’s falling back into some bad habits which is evidenced by his decreased accuracy. We all sit there in the first 2 series to see which Josh we are getting.

We’ve seen more of inaccurate Josh this year and I think it’s just a matter of not being consistent with mechanics. 

Still, I’ll take this guy over any other QB in the league including Mahomes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, RunTheBall said:

Josh’s mechanics have taken a step back this year.

On that deep pick, he had plenty of time to set his feet and make a more accurate throw. As it was, he was rolling to his right (his favorite play) and threw back across the field which resulted in an under throw. Good decision, bad execution.

Josh needs to work on his footwork and mechanics again this off season with Palmer and start taking the off season a little more seriously. He’s falling back into some bad habits which is evidenced by his decreased accuracy. We all sit there in the first 2 series to see which Josh we are getting.

We’ve seen more of inaccurate Josh this year and I think it’s just a matter of not being consistent with mechanics. 

Still, I’ll take this guy over any other QB in the league including Mahomes

Agreed

41 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

A great talent, super fun for us, great human. HOF may come but I’m just glad to have him call our team his home. 

(We could have Aaron Rodger’s or Tyrod Taylor)

You would take Josh Allen's career over Aaron Rodgers? Now I've heard it all

1 hour ago, mrags said:

National Football League GIF by Buffalo Bills

Last night wasn’t a dumb pick. It was underthrown. Something some of us have noticed for a long time now. Don’t get me wrong. Josh is great. He’s got the best and baddest arm in the league. But he will under throw wide open receivers on should be TDs. Not sure what it is with him. Maybe he’s throwing off footing. Maybe he’s on the run and can’t plant his feet. Maybe he’s being hurried and throwing off a back foot. Maybe he doesn’t have time and using all arm. Maybe he’s throwing it cross body 40+ yards and across the field. It doesn’t matter. It happens and it’s looks bad when he does it. 

The only thing I can think of is maybe it’s his mindset that if he overthrows a ball it’s not playable. But if it’s underthrown a WR can still make a play or maybe get a DPI. 

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

The only thing I can think of is maybe it’s his mindset that if he overthrows a ball it’s not playable. But if it’s underthrown a WR can still make a play or maybe get a DPI. 

I agree that could be a mindset. I still don’t believe it was a bad decision. Just a bad throw. An underthrown ball. It happens quite a bit with him. If something is wrong I wish I knew. I can’t put my finger on it. Because he’s got probably the strongest arm in the league. But he underthrows guys a lot. 

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Can we please sit back and take a second to think about how awesome it is to have Josh Allen as the quarterback of our Buffalo Bills

He has changed my experience of watching Bills games. Now there is such a thrill and expectation of him pulling off the impossible. Earlier this season, his demeanour was worrisome but he is back , focused and playing very well. 

The other thought that comes to mind is - how horrible would it have been if he had landed elsewhere in the AFCE. A shudder passes through my body and I appreciate him on the Bills even more

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I couldn’t imagine being a Bills fan AND being so down on Allen, who is the best thing that’s happened to this franchise since Jim Kelly. We have a sure-fire Top5 QB in the league (and I’m being reserved). He isn’t perfect, he makes mistakes (like they all do), quit being such negative Nanceys.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Don’t throw it to begin with

I agree to a point. But he’s a gunslinger with a strong arm. He thought he would reach, but it was a bad throw. That happens to every single QB. 

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

Once you factor in all the Bills fan excuses for him, Allen is most definitely already a champion, MVP, All Pro, and HOFer.

Even by Bills fans delusions I don't think that's enough to be better than Aaron Rodgers. He won NFL MVP 2 times since Josh has been in the league let alone the decade before that where he won 2 more and a super bowl

Edited by KDIGGZ

Great nice thread about our QB and how well he's playing, would be a shame if a bunch of haters posted in it and we couldn't help but respond to them giving ample opportunity for them to reply back and fill the thread with a debate we shouldn't even ***** have.

Lua.gif

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.