SNF: Ravens at Jags

RiotAct

49 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Every year I get told how improved Lamar is as a passer.  This year it was the "they got weapons now and a new OC and he's improved."  Every time I watch it's the same Lamar.  Every year he is a bottom stat passer.

I've honestly never paid enough attention to him, he's always been decent if he could work up to good he'd have some years of being very dangerous with the running ability he came into the league before that gets beaten out of him and have an alright career after that. But I'm not sure he managed to thread that needle with the number of injuries he's had.

Is there a path the Bills can get the 2 seed at 11-6? 

Bills win out and win division 11-6

Chiefs drop 1 and finish 11-6

AFC South winner 10-7

Chiefs travel to Buffalo Divisional round … I think we could all get behind this 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Is there a path the Bills can get the 2 seed at 11-5?

Bills win out and win division 11-5

Chiefs drop 1 and finish 11-5

AFC South winner 10-6

Chiefs travel to Buffalo Divisional round … I think we could all get behind this 

17 games.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Is there a path the Bills can get the 2 seed at 11-5?

Bills win out and win division 11-5

Chiefs drop 1 and finish 11-5

AFC South winner 10-6

We already have 6 losses..... so no.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Is there a path the Bills can get the 2 seed at 11-6? 

Bills win out and win division 11-6

Chiefs drop 1 and finish 11-6

AFC South winner 10-7

It's possible, but the only scenarios that allow for that possibility align a little too close for comfort to the single 0.1% scenario where the Bills miss the postseason despite winning out.

• Like (+1) 1

Jags win over Buffalo gives them the tie breaker, i think we'd rather they win the divison...

also 

That was an example where replay is ridiculous.  If youre not gonna use it right then why have it?   The call on the field is still the one they'll go with unless it's not the call they want. 

Edited by 1onemangang7
merged
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Thanks Swede … 11-6 

Ah.....I'm just messing with you.  I am just too focused on trying to find a way into the Playoffs let along finding a way to the #2 seed.

My main goal right now is winning the next 2 for sure and finding a way to make the week 18 game against the Dolphins only for the Division and not having to win just to get in.  I am not sure that is possible with all the teams at 8-6, with our terrible tie breaker record, and the remaining schedules of each team.  It looks more and more like that game will be needed just to make the Playoffs even with winning the next 2.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Punch said:

It's possible, but the only scenarios that allow for that possibility align a little too close for comfort to the single 0.1% scenario where the Bills miss the postseason despite winning out.

Do they? AFC south leader at 10 wins completely blows up the bad scenario and for us to get the 2 Miami would have to dump one to Dallas or Baltimore which also blows up the bad scenario.  

the bad scenario is pretty much only caused by a huge logjam at 11 wins  which requires some weird stuff to happen like Baltimore winning just one non Miami game and Indy winning out lol 

Right now any of the following wins/losses guarantees us a playoff spot at 11 wins:

Any bengals loss

any colts loss

any jags loss

any ravens win

Miami losing to one of Dallas/Baltimore

Cleveland losing to Houston or the jets

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Ah.....I'm just messing with you.  I am just too focused on trying to find a way into the Playoffs let along finding a way to the #2 seed.

My main goal right now is winning the next 2 for sure and finding a way to make the week 18 game against the Dolphins only for the Division and not having to win just to get in.  I am not sure that is possible with all the teams at 8-6, with our terrible tie breaker record, and the remaining schedules of each team.  It looks more and more like that game will be needed just to make the Playoffs even with winning the next 2.

I did make a dumb typo so fair enough …

Yes … the playoffs is the goal … and there is much more work to be done …

Edited by Aussie Joe

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Do they? AFC south leader at 10 wins completely blows up the bad scenario and for us to get the 2 Miami would have to dump one to Dallas or Baltimore which also blows up the bad scenario.  

the bad scenario is pretty much only caused by a huge logjam at 11 wins  which requires some weird stuff to happen like Baltimore winning just one non Miami game and Indy winning out lol 

That's a good point, I was overly focused on what happens with Cincinnati.

There are a lot of confusing possibilities, probably a good idea to do a deep drive when I'm not in a late night, beer soaked, good vibes, post-game celebration mode.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Punch said:

That's a good point, I was overly focused on what happens with Cincinnati.

There are a lot of confusing possibilities, probably a good idea to do a deep drive when I'm not in a late night, beer soaked, good vibes, post-game celebration mode.

I edited my post to add all the different stuff that could clinch us a spot with 11 wins and I’ll paste it here too:

Any bengals loss

any colts loss

any jags loss

any ravens win

just need one of these many games to go our way 😂. There’s some overlap so I’m gonna try to count the total number of games that have to perfectly go against us to keep us out of the playoffs at 11 wins lol

looks like it’s 15 games all going against us after that ravens win that would keep us out at 11 wins 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I edited my post to add all the different stuff that could clinch us a spot with 11 wins and I’ll paste it here too:

Any bengals loss

any colts loss

any jags loss

any ravens win

just need one of these many games to go our way 😂. There’s some overlap so I’m gonna try to count the total number of games that have to perfectly go against us to keep us out of the playoffs at 11 wins lol

looks like it’s 15 games all going against us after that ravens win that would keep us out at 11 wins 

What about at 10 wins?

1 hour ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Terry must have money on the Jags, no way they were overturning that…

Yeah I thought that was weird.  The precise second at which he "gained control of the ball" was difficult to tell because the ref blocked one angle, not the ref's fault but it is what it is.  It seemed entirely possible that the heel of his tucked-under foot or his butt was out by the time he really secured control of the catch.

Edited by Beck Water

• Simon unpinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.