SNF: Ravens at Jags

RiotAct

That was a spectacular sack escape and throw by Lamar and a spectacular contested catch by LIkely

But I can’t help thinking if that were Josh Allen, Collinsworth would be pontificating about “reckless play” or “interceptable balls”

But man when was the last time we saw a Bills receiver make a catch like that?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

He doesn't throw as often as the top QBs. When he does, 66% completion, which ranks among the best. 

Obviously, he's best in space or when the play breaks down. A defensive coordinator's nightmare, like JA.

A lot of that is just his athleticism and the fear he brings.  There is nothing wrong with that as he is an amazing athlete, but if he was forced to pass from the pocket against a good D he aint going to get the job done.  Dude has always had good defense, good oline, good running game (including his own), a great TE.  My only critique is that he is not a good pocket passer.  He holds the ball forever half the time unless its busted coverage somewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I'm a big Clemson fan, but I think it may be time to admit....Trevor "The Forehead" Lawrence is not that good in the NFL. 

Bit tough in my view .

He hasn’t  been  as good as I thought he would be … but he is still at worst an average starting QB .. .

Edited by Aussie Joe

3 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

somebody has to win the south, why is it good for Bills fans for the Ravens to win?  Unless jax is gonna keep losing and drop all the way out is the idea? Baltimore not getting home field might be better.  

I don’t know about “better for the Bills” but I’m ready for someone other than the Chiefs to have the #1 seed and home field through the playoffs

• Like (+1) 2

Honestly, I don't think this game matters one bit.  Sure, there is probably some scenario where this game matters but I don't think it will come down to it.  I fully believe the Bills will win the division.  Even if they don't, I fully believe the Bills will win out and there is only one specific scenario the Bills don't make the playoffs if they do.  I don't think this game was part of that scenario but I would have to look again.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

A lot of that is just his athleticism and the fear he brings.  There is nothing wrong with that as he is an amazing athlete, but if he was forced to pass from the pocket against a good D he aint going to get the job done.  Dude has always had good defense, good oline, good running game (including his own), a great TE.  My only critique is that he is not a good pocket passer.  He holds the ball forever half the time unless its busted coverage somewhere.

He's not an elite pocket passer, yes. But look at tonight....first half he made quite a few plays from the pocket.

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Honestly, I don't think this game matters one bit.  Sure, there is probably some scenario where this game matters but I don't think it will come down to it.  I fully believe the Bills will win the division.  Even if they don't, I fully believe the Bills will win out and there is only one specific scenario the Bills don't make the playoffs if they do.  I don't think this game was part of that scenario but I would have to look again.

Probably not. 

Tampa is leading the NFCS by tie-breakers and actually looked good today. 

Jax plays at Tampa next week.   Could drop to 8-7.  Would just give us another shot at eliminating two AFCS teams getting in over us if we win out in that one unlikely scenario where every possible thing goes against us. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The one scenario I'm actually wondering if it can happen is Miami wins vs Dallas and Baltimore to clinch the AFC East and #1 seed. Would they rest their best in a meaningless Week 18 vs the Bills, with the Bills in a win-and-in situation?

Mitchell blowing up a knee probably won't help the Ravens

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

The one scenario I'm actually wondering if it can happen is Miami wins vs Dallas and Baltimore to clinch the AFC East and #1 seed. Would they rest their best in a meaningless Week 18 vs the Bills, with the Bills in a win-and-in situation?

I don't think they would honestly.  Maybe they might pull them part way through the game if the game is out of hand one way or another but I don't think they would rest.  I also don't think it's likely for them to have it locked up anyways.  KC is still in the picture as well and they have a soft schedule.

15 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

somebody has to win the south, why is it good for Bills fans for the Ravens to win?  Unless jax is gonna keep losing and drop all the way out is the idea? Baltimore not getting home field might be better.  

I’d rather Baltimore got home field than KC. But Baltimore losing would mean their game against Miami will be important, so there’s thst.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.