It’s Dallas week and the Division is on the line!

Einstein

Arsenal fans sing a song that goes along the lines of "it's happened again, it's happened agaaaaaiiinnnn Tottenham Hotspur, it's happened again" because of Tottenham's ability to collapse down the stretch when all the marbles are on the line time after time. And I kinda feel the same about the Dolphins - it is not beyond the realm of possibility that they blow it from here. It would be very Dolphiny. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GoBills! said:

Ravens control the 1 seed clearly; after that its a 💩 show, imagine Chiefs and Dolphins one may miss the playoffs and teams like bengals, colts and us are in....

Broncos easily go 3-1 with raiders, chargers, Pats, Lions left..

Chiefs go 2-2 with Bengals (Bengals win), Pats, Raiders (surprise win), Chargers...

Weird how last week the theme by many here is the Bills were dead, not making the playoffs and a complete rebuild was needed....to today with some (not too far fetched) luck...Buffalo could easily end up the #2 seed if they take care of business and win out. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GoBills! said:

Ravens control the 1 seed clearly; after that its a 💩 show, imagine Chiefs and Dolphins one may miss the playoffs and teams like bengals, colts and us are in....

Broncos easily go 3-1 with raiders, chargers, Pats, Lions left..

Chiefs go 2-2 with Bengals (Bengals win), Pats, Raiders (surprise win), Chargers...

Posts like this are laughable and insane.

Just like last night, THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES of any NFL team beating another NFL team, no matter what their records are, nor what the spread is, nor what the statistics show. On any given Sunday...

I realize that pretty much everybody has on their rose colored glasses today, but the Bills could just as "easily" go 1-3 to finish the year, while y'all are predicting other teams to collapse down the stretch.

All we can do is take it one week at a time, and hope JA doesn't revert back to turnover Josh, hope McD doesn't exhibit his normal late game idiocy, hope the refs don't screw the Bills over, and hope that the players actually give a f***, and play/execute well. 

Go Bills!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Einstein said:

If we beat Dallas this week, NOTHING will convince me that we aren’t taking the division.

We are 1.5 games back of Miami and the Dolphins still have to face Dallas, Baltimore and the Buffalo Bills!

What an incredible week. We got nearly all the help we wanted. The Bills can absolutely beat Dallas. The team is rejuvenated, they’re playing for each other as well as their head coach and leader, and Josh Allen is playing out of his mind.

I want that 4th-in-row division banner!!!

Agree. Miami still has games at Baltimore and Dallas at home. If they lose one of them (good chance they will) and the Bills beat Dallas which will be a tough game, then the game at Miami will be for the division. I know the Bills have lost games they shouldn't have so nothing is guaranteed but I can't see them losing at the Chargers and home to the Pats.

6 hours ago, kkim0904 said:

Jets are the beloved team.  

Beloved like an ex-wife after a bitter divorce. But we do have to root for the Fireman Ed's this week. If Zach can play this week like he did the 2nd half vs the Texans I think the Jets can win with their defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

Normally I would say the Cowboys might suffer a letdown coming off a big win over a hated rival. But since both teams are 10-3 and fighting for the NFCE that won't happen. Going to be another nailbiter on Sunday. Win this one and I believe the Bills will win the division for the 4th straight year.

7 hours ago, buffblue said:

You gotta believe that the Cowboys may be due for an emotional letdown after their big win over the Eagles. We may catch them at just the right time

Well, I mean, aren’t we also coming off a big win?

I like the Bills chances regardless of what either team did last week. The 12th man will be a factor.

• Like (+1) 2

Will Levis led two perfect 2 minute drills in a row to be the first QB to overcome a 14 point deficit in 3 minutes in over 700 games. Good ***** night.
pic.twitter.com/N8TdXdL3gT

— Artist Formerly Known as Derrick Henry’s Stiff Arm (@traviebird00) December 12, 2023

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Just like last night, THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES of any NFL team beating another NFL team, no matter what their records are, nor what the spread is, nor what the statistics show. On any given Sunday...

I realize that pretty much everybody has on their rose colored glasses today, but the Bills could just as "easily" go 1-3 to finish the year, while y'all are predicting other teams to collapse down the stretch.

All we can do is take it one week at a time, and hope JA doesn't revert back to turnover Josh, hope McD doesn't exhibit his normal late game idiocy, hope the refs don't screw the Bills over, and hope that the players actually give a f***, and play/execute well. 

Go Bills!

The broncos “easily” go 3-1.  Lol.  I agree with you.  Two of those games are divisional games.  One vs a 4 loss team.  Another vs Belichick.  They could just as easily go 1-3.  

any given Sunday people.  Things can change drastically on any given Sunday.  Just win baby

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Beast said:

Well, I mean, aren’t we also coming off a big win?

I like the Bills chances regardless of what either team did last week. The 12th man will be a factor.

I think this will play into it a bit this week.

Dallas has played extremely well over the last 5 weeks especially. However, 4 of those 5 were at home and the one road game was in Carolina, who at this point is basically an XFL level team.

They're coming in to a very hostile environment. Communication should suffer a bit this week for them. I don't see them scoring at will against us at home. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Holy crap! I went to bed when Miami went up by 14. Unbelievable!

You didn’t make it past 8:30 pm you old man.  You saw Miami was up by 14 because you got up for the 2nd time to pee.

47 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Go Bills!

I can’t believe the Bills didn’t get blown out after not practicing on their bye week.  They clearly don’t care about winning.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Haha (+1) 1

I can't remember a year when there was so many crazy swings on teams, including untouchable teams that were 'dominant and 'unstoppable'.  Jets get their gifted Lombardi ripped from their hands 4 plays into the season.  49ers getting fitted for their rings then lose 3 in a row, Purdy outed as a grocery bagger, then they are dominant again.  Phil being fitted for their crown now they are soft and *should* have lost 3 in a row.  Miami with 'revolutionary' offense (that puts a man in motion!) that all we can do is bow down to its greatness now poised to completely crap the bed.  Cracks showing in hallowed Patrick and almighty Chiefs, Bengals season over before it began now playing better with backup than with Joe Brr, Denver actually good now? WTF, Detroit, etc. The only constants being Mac Jones' sucktitude, McDaniels' greasy word salad smarminess, Bellicheat's fat mumbling miserableness, and Saleh's punchable face.

Meanwhile the Bills with some of the worst string of unbelievable losses in a season and off field drama now in drivers seat to make playoffs and peak at exactly the right time.  What a freaking roller coaster

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You didn’t make it past 8:30 pm you old man.  You saw Miami was up by 14 because you got up for the 2nd time to pee.

if you’d keep your girlfriend out of my bedroom I’d probably be a lot better rested.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I can’t believe the Bills didn’t get blown out after not practicing on their bye weeks.  They clearly don’t care about winning.

The Bills receivers did have a bunch of drops though, no? And if not for Toney committing an absolutely moronic foul, we'd probably all be talking about when McD was going to get fired, this week or at the end of the season. And yes, my eyes saw that the Bills were a little "rusty" from lack of practicing. Thankfully, KC had some key players out with injuries, which greatly helped out the Bills. 😉

• Eyeroll 1

29 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

On a more serious note, does anyone have insight on position breakdowns and matchups? I know Micah Parsons has been playing out of his mind, so I expect Knox in a lot to block. Would love to see Kincaid maybe take a turn at the outside WR slot to let Shakir cook

wut?

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

wut?

I'm sorry, I missed your outpouring of faith for Gabe Davis as a boundary WR. Why would we ever look to try to dictate a mismatch?

Now, if that is an illegal formation, whoops on me, but I can't find anything one way or the other at the moment.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

Miami cracked open the Division door last night.  Crazy to lose with all the gifts Titans gave them.  Miami Oline is in shambles now.  I'm stunned this AM.  I went to bed after the second fumble deep in Titan's territory.  

I was watching Vrablel's demeanor on the sideline.  When his young player botched the punt return and gave Miami the ball deep in Titan territory, he was calm.  He was calm all night.  Showed me something.  

And Hopkins is worth every penny they pay that guy.  The ball just sticks to his hand when he catches it.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, wjag said:

Miami cracked open the Division door last night.  Crazy to lose with all the gifts Titans gave them.  Miami Oline is in shambles now.  I'm stunned this AM.  I went to bed after the second fumble deep in Titan's territory.  

I was watching Vrablel's demeanor on the sideline.  When his young player botched the punt return and gave Miami the ball deep in Titan territory, he was calm.  He was calm all night.  Showed me something.  

And Hopkins is worth every penny they pay that guy.  The ball just sticks to his hand when he catches it.

I was dying watching Hopkins. He would have been the difference maker on the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

The Bills receivers did have a bunch of drops though, no? And if not for Toney committing an absolutely moronic foul, we'd probably all be talking about when McD was going to get fired, this week or at the end of the season. And yes, my eyes saw that the Bills were a little "rusty" from lack of practicing. Thankfully, KC had some key players out with injuries, which greatly helped out the Bills. 😉

Yes, they looked very rusty early on with the 2 TD drives. So rusty.

And if Toney didn't commit that foul we may just as probably be talking about the amazing Joe Brady and how he pulled the offense together at the end wit a minute and eleven seconds and 2 time outs to drive the field and win the game. Because had the play stood and the Chiefs went up...Josh Allen wasn't losing this game. 

And wow, we really did dodge a bullet on the Chief injury front. How they could possible play a game without guys like DaQuan Jones, Matt Milano or Tre White is beyond me. Oh, snap wait, that's us. Injuries happen. That's where team depth comes in. Sorry for the Chiefs they don't have a deep roster. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

The Chiefs lead the league in drops…did they practice on their bye week?

Very rusty…we were up 14-0 early because of the rust.  If we had practiced on our bye week, we probably are up 28-0 after the 1st because teams usually blow out the Chiefs at Arrowhead.

Did you miss the face mask on Allen that would have put us in the redzone?  Or maybe when Chris Jones fell and Dawkins called for the hold?  

Chiefs were the only team with key injuries.  Milano, Jones and Tre White stepped up Sunday and that was the difference.

Allen has never brought us back at KC so you’re right.  Toney scores, no way Allen with all 3 timeouts can do it.  For sure loss.

We are 7-0 in bye weeks but its a problem somehow.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, wjag said:

May not be a popular opinion but I’m impressed by Vrabel as a coach.

Can’t stand him when we play him, but watching him coach against other teams I usually come away impressed. 

• Like (+1) 1

MIA has a short week to play the Jets with MIA OL in shambles. If they lose to the Jets things get very interesting if the Bills beat Dallas.

If the Bills can win the division, they’d most likely be the 4 seed. I don’t see KC losing two out of their last four. The Jags could stumble but don’t see them losing more than twice and they own the tiebreaker against the Bills.  (Edit: the Jags could easily lose twice, pushing the Bills to the 3 seed if they can win out) This would most likely mean another trip to KC, if they both win). 

If they win the AFCE they’d like be a  4 seed going against CLE and then play BALT as the 1 seed. KC would be the two and Jags the 3 seed. Not sure if MIA and CLE finish 10-7 who wins the tiebreaker though?

Edited by TFBillsfan

32 minutes ago, wjag said:

I was watching Vrablel's demeanor on the sideline.  When his young player botched the punt return and gave Miami the ball deep in Titan territory, he was calm.  He was calm all night

Calm or just his neanderthal brain isn't advanced enough to process emotion 😛

The game was crazy (should check out the game thread) - I also switched to something else after the Fins last TD - then saw the score and went back to watch the last 4 mins already knowing the final score but not knowing how the hell it happened which was fun for sure

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dma0034 said:

I will say it's wild that Hill went back into the game. Dolphins have 0 issue putting their injuries players out there.

There is a real chance imo that the Bills could lose to the Cowboys and still win the division. This loss to the Titans was big

McDaniels knows that Hill is the entire offense.

Tua could barely complete a pass when Hill went out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

The home run throwback was reversed and the titans helped us beat the dolphins… 👀

what a coincidence. Rest in peace Frank

Is it coincidence that a last minute lateral by a tight end was actually called BACK this time.  I think not.  Larger forces are at work.

Edited by fergie's ire

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yes, they looked very rusty early on with the 2 TD drives. So rusty.

And if Toney didn't commit that foul we may just as probably be talking about the amazing Joe Brady and how he pulled the offense together at the end wit a minute and eleven seconds and 2 time outs to drive the field and win the game. Because had the play stood and the Chiefs went up...Josh Allen wasn't losing this game. 

And wow, we really did dodge a bullet on the Chief injury front. How they could possible play a game without guys like DaQuan Jones, Matt Milano or Tre White is beyond me. Oh, snap wait, that's us. Injuries happen. That's where team depth comes in. Sorry for the Chiefs they don't have a deep roster. 

I am surprised he didn’t say “The Bills wouldn’t have won if they had Kyle Allen playing instead of Josh.  Bills got lucky Josh stayed healthy.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.