Greenberg - A Jets Fan - Pushing Back Against The Allen Hate

H2o

43 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

This has nothing to do with NYC producers disliking Allen because he plays in Buffalo.

Allen has always been treated poorly by the media because he had the audacity to be drafted ahead of Lamar Jackson, which idiots view as an act of overt racism. Kirk Cousins gets the same treatment because he unseated RG3. Let's be honest with what is happening here.

rick james cocaine GIF

• Haha (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

This has nothing to do with NYC producers disliking Allen because he plays in Buffalo.

Allen has always been treated poorly by the media because he had the audacity to be drafted ahead of Lamar Jackson, which idiots view as an act of overt racism. Kirk Cousins gets the same treatment because he unseated RG3. Let's be honest with what is happening here.

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

48 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

It's basically just Foxworth and then a bunch of nobodies with blogs on the internet who say these kinds of things.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

@Airseven what’s your take on this subject. 🙄, but no comment.  

@Airseven ‘s take is that the Dolphins are now one of the best teams in the AFC, even though they haven’t won ****.  
Meanwhile, when the Bills were winning divisional titles year after year, finding reasons to knock them.

1 hour ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

I'm very sensitive to racism and have read Bills articles for many years (including this board), but this is the first I've heard this take.  I don't agree with it.  I believe that many pundits thought Allen would be a bust and publicly stated so.  Years later, they don't want to admit that they were wrong and as such, take the opportunity to criticize his play to justify their narrative from back when.  Further, there's some shred of truth to the Allen criticism here - Allen has turned the ball over a lot this season and the Bills have lost a lot of games.  I think that Allen cost them the first Jets game, which had a huge national audience.  Most of the other losses were not on Allen.  As stated many times above, he scored critical points late in games to give the Bills the lead and the defense could not close them out.

46 minutes ago, H2o said:

I found this interesting. And of course the rest of the ESPN 🤡's yuck it up a bit later in the segment, but this has been my stance on Josh for forever. All of the idiots with an ax to grind continually spew the same crap, on their same crap shows, pandering to their same crap audience. Josh is a top 2-5 QB in this league, 5 being the absolute basement. They constantly act like he is the one costing this team W's. They don't talk about the 3 games he's led his team to a lead in the final 2 minutes, only to have McDermott's defense piss it away. No, it's his 1 INT two quarters before that which caused them to lose. Idiots. This team would have, AT THE MOST, 3 wins this year without him. At the most. Allen is not blameless. He's not perfect. But let's not act like he's not out here setting records in history of the NFL for things like total TD's, completing 68% of his passes this year, and leading the league in total TD's. 

I always thought the tweets were a reason for the criticism.  I think that’s why Nick Wright and a few others have been critical.  

the funny thing is that no black players in the lockerroom have ever had that experience with Josh in his 6 years in Buffalo.  Even as a rookie, he won over the team fast and everyone loves him. 

A good example that people (especially 16 year-olds) make mistakes on social media and something that happened a decade ago shouldn’t define them.  People can change

15 minutes ago, balln said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/offensive-tweets-josh-allen-surface-hours-nfl-draft-024847843.html

it’s bc of this. It’s always been bc of this. specifically the black espn media. Fair or unfair. I forgot the lebron hate too. 

Is this a joke?

Stop it already.  I dont think ANYONE ever thinks of this.

If you really believe I feel sorry for you.

I will agree on the the espn media is worthless.

Then why haven't Mayfield and Darnold gotten this type of hate. Both were also drafted ahead of Jackson.

20 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Is this a joke?

Stop it already.  I dont think ANYONE ever thinks of this.

If you really believe I feel sorry for you.

I will agree on the the espn media is worthless.

I don’t agree. I’m saying espn media does. There’s some fox worthy podcast espn off shoot maybe 2 years ago that brought up his draft tweet stuff.  

Here’s one link. Not exactly

what I’m saying but I’ll find it

https://www.outkick.com/espns-domonique-foxworth-has-a-problem-with-josh-allen-supporters-who-like-dogs-american-flags/

Edited by balln

I saw part of a clip of Greeny this morning. I didn't watch all of this posted clip so not sure if it was the same show..but I think it was Jeff Saturday that said the reason the Bills were so bad was that they had no running game beyond Josh Allen. Come again?..do any of these guys do ANY research before they spew stuff?

Yes, #10 in rushing in the NFL this year is James Cook..that places him ahead of Barkley, Najee Haris, and Joe Mixon to name a few..how can you believe ANYTHING these guys say? They seem to latch on to something that isn't true and just keep perpetuating the lies through reputition and ignorance.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

@Airseven ‘s take is that the Dolphins are now one of the best teams in the AFC, even though they haven’t won ****.  
Meanwhile, when the Bills were winning divisional titles year after year, finding reasons to knock them.

He has amongst the worst takes on this board and I am honestly convinced he actually isn't a Bills fan and just masquerading as one here to troll.  

It either that or he just actually knows nothing about Football.

Either could be true, or even both.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

I saw part of a clip of Greeny this morning. I didn't watch all of this posted clip so not sure if it was the same show..but I think it was Jeff Saturday that said the reason the Bills were so bad was that they had no running game beyond Josh Allen. Come again?..do any of these guys do ANY research before they spew stuff?

Yes, #10 in rushing in the NFL this year is James Cook..that places him ahead of Barkley, Najee Haris, and Joe Mixon to name a few..how can you believe ANYTHING these guys say? They seem to latch on to something that isn't true and just keep perpetuating the lies through reputition and ignorance.

I just watched it … Saturday was the one saying the running game had improved this year and GREENY himself was the one tripling down that “Allen has to do everything …”

This is 100% wrong.  No one - NO ONE - thought Jackson should go ahead of Allen.  The bias stems from all of the experts who predicted Allen would bust because he wasn't accurate in college.  Many - not all - won't get off that train.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I found this interesting. And of course the rest of the ESPN 🤡's yuck it up a bit later in the segment, but this has been my stance on Josh for forever. All of the idiots with an ax to grind continually spew the same crap, on their same crap shows, pandering to their same crap audience. Josh is a top 2-5 QB in this league, 5 being the absolute basement. They constantly act like he is the one costing this team W's. They don't talk about the 3 games he's led his team to a lead in the final 2 minutes, only to have McDermott's defense piss it away. No, it's his 1 INT two quarters before that which caused them to lose. Idiots. This team would have, AT THE MOST, 3 wins this year without him. At the most. Allen is not blameless. He's not perfect. But let's not act like he's not out here setting records in history of the NFL for things like total TD's, completing 68% of his passes this year, and leading the league in total TD's. 

I mean he's not wrong we literally watched Mahomes this last week have a critical 4th quarter interception that killed his team and then proceed to not get his team the lead back, and we ain't hearing *****.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.