SNF Chiefs at Packers Game Thread

Process

Just now, buffblue said:

Yes but does it really matter?

Unless we win the division which is looking incredibly unlikely, it doesn't really matter for our playoff purposes. KC is still a lock to win the AFC West, especially with Denver losing today. We're not really competing with them imo

If we win out, which I still think we need to do … Miami could absolutely drop two more. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Tirico & Collinsworth will not let this phantom penalty on the Hail Mary pass go. Sheesh!

Collinsworth crying like a teen girl, you know, the ones he wanted to date.

🤭

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

And not one mention about GB being flagged for 15 yards after hitting Mahomes in bounds. Crybabies 

To be fair, Collinsworth did say that Mahomes was inbounds and disagreed with the call.

Although he wasn't exactly wailing about it.

Just now, Mark Vader said:

To be fair, Collinsworth did say that Mahomes was inbounds and disagreed with the call.

Although he wasn't exactly wailing about it.

Right, he mentioned it. He wouldn't shut up about the last two though. I've never heard anyone make such a big deal on a Hail Mary. They happen every week without flags. 

• Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Right?

1-12 it’s wide open

Remember when all the talking heads said there were like 8 teams in the AFC that could win the SB? That was cool. Now there all saying the best 3 teams are SF, Philly and Dallas. 

Edited by Bubba Gump

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If we win out, which I still think we need to do … Miami could absolutely drop two more. 

Very hard to see us winning out. Miami would need to drop 4 of the last 5 including the finale to Buffalo if we assume a Bills 4-1 finish, which is about the best outcome I can realistically envision

Edited by buffblue

2 minutes ago, BRH said:

Refs gave them 15 yards AND at least 15 seconds and still the broadcast crew thought it wasn’t enough. 

To be fair, if the DPI gets called, the running clock part probably doesn’t occur since they would have been at like the 5 yard line. 

I will need a report from ChiefsPlanet please, and thanks 

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

To be fair, if the DPI gets called, the running clock part probably doesn’t occur since they would have been at like the 5 yard line. 

Refs knew MVS wasn’t catching that ball anyway. 

Edited by BRH

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s such dirty work that Collinsworth and Tirico just decide what the narrative from this game is going to be.  

Ignore the phantom late hit that gifted KC 15 yards.  

Ignore the obvious fact that the KC player was going backwards out of bounds, therefore clock runs.   Official misses the call and stops the clock.  

Nah.. we’re just going to focus on the missed PI … and then bizarrely talk about a Hail Mary as if they’ve never witnessed one before. 

Not the first time that ref has done that.  I recall another game in a similar situation earlier this season and the same call was made.  At least the ref is consistent.

18 minutes ago, beebe said:

bad officiating is completely random and always has been. 

sadly beebe it seems that bad officiating is par for the NFL course.  If they don't bite in you in one game they will in another. Yes I'm jaded and cynical. 

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I'm not sold on Philly either. They looked horrible at home today. 

Crazy as it sounds with how crappy we look most times this season - I’d take buffalo in a Super Bowl If we can get there 

we get to the playoffs I’d take them to go and win it

one game at a time 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

So am I the only one that rooted for KC today merely because I didn’t want to deal with Mahomes/Reid coming off a loss?

Yeah. I probably was.

for the record though, it wasn’t easy. Had to keep reminding myself that it’s what I wanted every time KC scored. 

It shouldn’t matter.  They’re not that good.   If we can score on them, which we should given how we’ve looked under Brady, McDermott’s Defense BETTER be able to not step on rakes all game because this KC Offense has been a struggle session all year. 

Nevermind the fact that you’d think coming off a bye, with an ability to salvage your season, should render us the more desperate team. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

It shouldn’t matter.  They’re not that good.   If we can score on them, which we should given how we’ve looked under Brady, McDermott’s Defense BETTER be able to not step on rakes all game because this KC Offense has been a struggle session all year. 

Yes that KC offense is as stoppable as it's ever been, the saddest thing is we don't have Tre White, Matt Milano, and Daquan Jones in the defense would be a sight to see the defense at start of the season, hell it'd be beautiful to see the defense at the start plus Linval Joseph and Rasul Douglas against this offense.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

You were one of the weird people that cleaned out your attic because the Bills weren't on today, weren't you?

Nope....I watched RedZone from 1 to 4, then watched SF/Philly.....I will admit that I didn't watch much of Chiefs/GB though.

That's how strong a hold the NFL has on America....even when we are disappointed in the product, we still can't help but watch it.

Maybe that's why Goodell and the Owners don't care about fixing the officiating....they know we are going to watch no matter what!!

3 minutes ago, Special K said:

This entire NFL season has been poor quality football by pretty much every team compounded by even worse quality officiating.

This is one of the least enjoyable seasons of football I've seen in quite a while, IMO.

I think the two high shell has really limited the ability for explosive offenses to truly be put on display with any regularity.  

That keeps games lower scoring, less drives and more time consuming.  

Which then keeps scores closer and gives the refs more ability to influence games with poor officiating. 

Injuries also seem to be getting worse and/or affecting bigger name players.  

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s such dirty work that Collinsworth and Tirico just decide what the narrative from this game is going to be.  

Ignore the phantom late hit that gifted KC 15 yards.  

Ignore the obvious fact that the KC player was going backwards out of bounds, therefore clock runs.   Official misses the call and stops the clock.  

Nah.. we’re just going to focus on the missed PI … and then bizarrely talk about a Hail Mary as if they’ve never witnessed one before. 

I mean, they did consult their officiating expert about the phantom late hit that was actually in bounds and a solid football move.  

I don’t recall them saying the KC player was going backwards.

Is it just that they didn’t bring it up at the end that chaps your grits?  I don’t think I’ve ever heard commentators recap all the questionable calls or non-calls at the end of the game - wouldn’t surprise me to learn that the NFL has “guidelines” against that for broadcasts.

13 minutes ago, muppy said:

Collinsworth has a blatant man crush on Pat Mahomes. He doesn't even try to hide it.

I think it’s gone a bit far for a crush, or even a first date, personally

Edited by Beck Water

2 minutes ago, muppy said:

sadly beebe it seems that bad officiating is par for the NFL course.  If they don't bite in you in one game they will in another. Yes I'm jaded and cynical. 

It's WWE at this point. The calls make no sense and are clearly terrible to the point that you can't legitimately debate them, yet nobody loses their job and nothing changes.  Mahomes wasn't roughed, MVS was going backwards when he went out of bounds so the clock should have run, MVS was CLEARLY interfered with downfield. Each of those calls was clear cut and had significant meaning on that last drive. They got every single one of them wrong. In a marquee game. Again.

• Agree 3

Just now, Special K said:

Nope....I watched RedZone from 1 to 4, then watched SF/Philly.....I will admit that I didn't watch much of Chiefs/GB though.

That's how strong a hold the NFL has on America....even when we are disappointed in the product, we still can't help but watch it.

Maybe that's why Goodell and the Owners don't care about fixing the officiating....they know we are going to watch no matter what!!

BINGO I agree and I am guilty as charged. TCK 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

It's WWE at this point. The calls make no sense and are clearly terrible to the point that you can't legitimately debate them, yet nobody loses their job and nothing changes.  Mahomes wasn't roughed, MVS was going backwards when he went out of bounds so the clock should have run, MVS was CLEARLY interfered with downfield. Each of those calls was clear cut and had significant meaning on that last drive. They got every single one of them wrong. In a marquee game. Again.

At least the WWE knows how to deal with inept referees:

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Is it just that they didn’t bring it up at the end that chaps your grits?  I don’t think I’ve ever heard commentators recap all the questionable calls or non-calls at the end of the game - wouldn’t surprise me to learn that the NFL has “guidelines” against that for broadcasts.

If they're bemoaning a missed call anyway doesn't seem like that'd be the issue. It seems it's more like the whole framing the whole situation like this one bad call that went against Mahomes and the Chiefs is why it didn't go their way, when obviously a bunch of other calls were seriously in their favor on that drive. It's misleading and biased.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Special K said:

Yup! Especially as a BFLo fan. I got to the point where all I watch is to see if they can stick it to the man.

What a strange addictive drug they are pushing!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Yes that KC offense is as stoppable as it's ever been, the saddest thing is we don't have Tre White, Matt Milano, and Daquan Jones in the defense would be a sight to see the defense at start of the season, hell it'd be beautiful to see the defense at the start plus Linval Joseph and Rasul Douglas against this offense.

If we had those dudes all season, we would probably be sitting in the 1 seed right now.  I think those guys make that big a difference that they would have made the stops.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.