Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

1 minute ago, Simon said:

If all those things are true, I'd guess the league is open to the idea of the Bills finding a way to get him off the roster without massive cap damage and will be happy to have him no longer affiliated with the NFL in any way.

Likely permanently.

Definitely, we know if he’s suspended under the PCP and we release him, we are off the books for 2024’s guarantees.

I wonder if it also voids ALL of his guarantee? I believe his 2025+ dead cap is 15m. 

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

So you've never flown home the night before a day off after work?

Tuesday night flight after work.

Not the point. 

But hey, when we come out of the gates and kick the crap out of KC next Sunday it won't matter.  

:) 

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Beane didn’t hire McD and no way is he the problem. Yes, we need some new, younger talent especially at safety, but overall the GM has done a damn good job.

Beane signed Von Miller to an insane guaranteed contract. Thats enough to get him fired. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They found bruises on her ABDOMEN. A pregnant woman. Also bruises on her neck and minor abrasions on her hand.

Innocent until proven guilty, but what is the best case scenario for Von given those facts?

Really, there is no best case scenario for him if all that is accurate. Maybe best case for him is he avoids doing any time in jail? 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So you want to be the ONLY team in the NFL to have players practice on bye weeks.  This is what you want our team to separate themselves from everyone else...practicing on bye weeks?  Bye weeks are there to help your bodies and mental health to heal up because it is a very hard contact and mentally grueling sport....it seems you want them to reduce that time.

Football season is played during the school year and many of these guys don't get to see their families or their kids play a sport.  A Baltimore Ravens player kid played on my kids football last year.  The only game he came to was on his bye week. 

For $120M/season?  

I expect a little bit more than from someone that works at Topps making $32k.  

But what, Thursday thru Sunday isn't long enough?  

But hey, since our defense has earned it ... 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Police allege in the court document that the argument, which started over upcoming travel plans, began about 10:40 a.m. in the main bedroom of their apartment. The woman then went into their home office and slammed the door, which the affidavit says made Miller “visibly angry.”

Miller then walked into the office and yelled at the woman to “get out,” the affidavit says. The woman tried to comply, but wanted time to retrieve some of her belongings, such as her laptop and phones.

As she was grabbing them, the affidavit says Miller shoved and pushed her. The woman repeatedly yelled “Stop, I’m pregnant.”

Miller continued to push the woman as he stepped on her feet, which caused her to fall back into a chair, the affidavit says. He then put a hand on her neck and applied pressure for 3 to 5 seconds, according to the affidavit, which police say caused pain but not difficulty breathing. As she continued to try to gather her belongings, Miller grabbed her phone, threw her laptop on the floor and stomped on it, the affidavit says.

As she tried to pick up her laptop, Miller yanked her hair, pulling a chunk of it out and causing her to collapse, the affidavit says. She got up and began to record Miller on her phone, which she put in her pocket, police wrote in the affidavit.

The affidavit says Miller once again grabbed the woman again, pushed her onto a couch, wrapped both hands around her neck and applied pressure.

The woman told Miller she was calling police, which prompted him to leave the apartment, the affidavit says.

Police responded to the apartment condominium and saw the woman had “minor abrasions” on her left hand, as well as bruising on her abdomen, left bicep and neck that was “consistent with applied pressure,” the affidavit says.

The woman showed police a recording where Miller could be heard in the background yelling and telling her to get out, according to the affidavit. In her 911 call, she also identified herself and Miller, the affidavit says.

With all of this info, and a recording of at least part of the incident in hand, that's a wrap for Von. His playing career is almost certainly done. And when he gets suspended, the Bills will be able to get out of the situation relatively unscathed. 

27 minutes ago, Simon said:

You, on the other hand, extoll the virtues of natural healthy foods but eat PBJs and Spaghetti-Os when your wife isn't around, shake paint cans manually even though you know deep down it doesn't work but still do it because it's fun, and very much want to give Von Miller the same due process you give others but just hate him too f'ing much to truly pull it off. :devil:

fairly accurate. but i actually hope he is innocent and this is just some nonsense drama and it will get sorted out quickly.

my personal feelings of a guy  i know nothing of first person personally is about as deep as a north carolina blizzard. 

Just now, wppete said:

Beane signed Von Miller to an insane guaranteed contract. Thats enough to get him fired. 

No, it’s not.  

If you want to make an argument to fire Beane, it’s that we signed Von … then restructured him… and signed him

because of a miss on Basham and the high ceiling/long development strategy of Rousseau.  

However, given his recent drafting record, he should be safe, imo.  

Also, we don’t know what McDermott advocates for to Beane & Pegula.  

If McDermott wanted Hopkins over Floyd & Poyer, would Beane have gotten D-Hop?   I don’t think Beane is the defense first guy.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

44 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

So Beane is going to hire the bounty hunter,  that is good news because he looks done both on the field and off

If it all turns out to be true and it comes to that, at least you know he won't be zig zagging away however he's running it's in a straight line.

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

If all those things are true, I'd guess the league is open to the idea of the Bills finding a way to get him off the roster without massive cap damage and will be happy to have him no longer affiliated with the NFL in any way.

Likely permanently.

the nfl will do all it can to avoid a ray rice issue - so if they can do this and completely wipe him from the nfl going forward - including removing him from the payroll - i think they want that.

the nflpa is going to be up against itself in figuring out their end of this

• Agree 1

Highly doubting Von actually gets in any legal trouble. I'd guess some sort of settlement, maybe even an under the table settlement, is on its way. Not sure what that means for his cap hit but it's probably not great. 

If any of this is true, I hope the woman and her baby get the protection and peace that they deserve. And I hope Von never has any type of role in the NFL ever again (front office included)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

the nfl will do all it can to avoid a ray rice issue - so if they can do this and completely wipe him from the nfl going forward - including removing him from the payroll - i think they want that.

the nflpa is going to be up against itself in figuring out their end of this

Yea… this isn’t random second string LB on the Arizona Cardinals. 

This is a household name on a team with one of the league’s biggest stars.  

I highly doubt, if this is as bad as it sounds, the NFL wants the Bills to have any financial reason to be worried about cutting a guy who would otherwise be featured on every broadcast as people tune in to watch Josh Allen. 

Edited by SCBills

31 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the more specific allegations:

Gotta wait for more facts to come out. But there are bruises and abrasions on a pregnant woman. I don't really see how even the best case scenario here could be anything less than damning for Von Miller.

Yeah the evidence of superficial injuries can and may seem damming, but I can’t help from going straight to the video on YouTube of the woman in a apartment complex accusing her spouse of assault but failing to realize inside the building’s elevator are security cameras where she was caught inflicting the injuries onto herself.

Guess we’ll see where this goes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.