AFC Standings, schedules, & Rooting Interests FINAL 1/7/24 BILLS 2 Seed!

Donuts and Doritos

Can someone who’s already done the leg work tell me is there a way that we make the playoffs as Div champs and Miami doesn’t make it in at all? I’m assuming they need to lose out as well as some help. But I’m not sure if that help screws us out of ranking. Just curious if someone has done this scenario yet? 

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

Can someone who’s already done the leg work tell me is there a way that we make the playoffs as Div champs and Miami doesn’t make it in at all? I’m assuming they need to lose out as well as some help. But I’m not sure if that help screws us out of ranking. Just curious if someone has done this scenario yet? 

Miami would have to lose all 3 for that to happen but even if it does they still have a good chance of the 7 seed.

Miami clinches a playoff birth win any win in the next 3 games.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Miami would have to lose all 3 for that to happen but even if it does they still have a good chance of the 7 seed.

Miami clinches a playoff birth win any win in the next 3 games.

Thank you. So lose all 3 and help. Any clue who they are in major contention with regarding ties, etc?

16 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Miami only game to go against them so far this week … disappointing… but will gladly still take it .. and hope the Ravens win next week 

3 out of 4 games so far today going our way. Can’t hate it. Miamis loss was always more likely against the Ravens anyway. We’ve done what we needed to do so far and got some help. Can’t be mad at it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

There was until their win tonight 

6 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Weird thought… but if Miami beats Dallas and Baltimore, they take the division, and the Bills/Fins game won’t matter for that purpose. 

Wonder if Miami would sit their starters?  If the Bills beat the Pats, and Miami plays backups, it almost ensures that we get in as an 11-6 wildcard… and it keeps Miami healthy for playoffs.  But suppose it could matter for overall playoff seeding for Miami too.. 

they’d need kc to lose to be able to have the bills game meaningless since kc has the head to head 

2 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Any chance the bills clinch a wildcard next week with a win? 

I believe so but we need to go pretty much perfect with opponents losing again

Broncos lose tonight 

Three of Colts jags bengals Texans lose next week is one way.  I think a broncos loss next week can substitute some of those losses too 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Any chance the bills clinch a wildcard next week with a win? 

Yes. We need 4 of the Bengals, Jaguars, Colts, Texans, Steelers, and Broncos to lose 1 game (and that includes the Broncos game tonight). If that happens by the end of next week and we beat the Patriots, we'll have clinched a playoff spot.

If the Colts and Texans both lose next week (against the Raiders and Titans respectively), we only need 1 other team out of that list to lose and in that scenario we also clinch a playoff spot next week (since the Colts and Texans play each other in week 18 so that would guarantee the 4th loss we need).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Two posts above mine both saying different things

Anyone know which is right?

I think there’s a bunch of different options to clinch next week should a handful of opponents lose so you might not get the same answer from everybody 

the bottom post is similar but doesn’t assume a Denver loss this week 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yes.

Kevin is assuming Denver wins tonight…

If NE beats Denver, then…

Bills win

Chiefs win (Cin)

Seahawks win (Pitt)

If Denver beats NE, then…

Bills win

Chiefs win (Cin)

Seahawks win (Pitt)

Chargers win (Den)

Edited by Einstein

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yes. We need 4 of the Bengals, Jaguars, Colts, Texans, Steelers, and Broncos to lose 1 game (and that includes the Broncos game tonight). If that happens by the end of next week and we beat the Patriots, we'll have clinched a playoff spot.

If the Colts and Texans both lose next week (against the Raiders and Titans respectively), we only need 1 other team out of that list to lose and in that scenario we also clinch a playoff spot next week (since the Colts and Texans play each other in week 18 so that would guarantee the 4th loss we need).

Actually I just realized it's a little easier than this. If 3 of the Bengals, Steelers, Broncos, and Jaguars lose 1 game by the end of next week we would also clinch a spot. So there's a couple paths to us clinching a spot next week. The Colts and Texans games next week only really matter if both of them lose.

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Kevin is assuming Denver wins tonight…

If NE beats Denver, then…

Bills win

Chiefs win (Cin)

Seahawks win (Pitt)

If Denver beats NE, then…

Bills win

Chiefs win (Cin)

Seahawks win (Pitt)

Chargers win (Den)

But isn't he saying we would need 3 of those things to occur (just chiefs and Seahawks wouldn't be enough)?

****Correct me if I’m wrong******

If two of the Jaguars, Texans or Colts lose one and both the Bengals and Steelers lose 1, we get in at 10-7.

Jaguars: Carolina @Tennessee
Indy: Las Vegas, Houston 
Houston: Tennessee @Indy

Cincinnati: @Kansas City, Cleveland
Pittsburgh: @Seattle, @Baltimore

Denver: New England, Chargers, @ Raiders

Based on schedule alone, I think the following happens...

Jaguars win out- 10-7 (win division)
Indy splits. Loses to Houston with Stroud. 9-8
Houston wins out. 10-7

Cincinnati loses out.- 8-9
Pittsburgh loses out- 8-9

Denver wins out- 10-7

Bills need to win out in that scenario.

Edited by Beast

4 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

Doing some playoff machine stuff, it looks like a Bills-Dolphins 1st round playoff matchup is very possible. The Bills win out and the Fins beat Baltimore, its in Miami, Bills win out, Fins lose to Baltimore, it's in Buffalo.

I mean sure, but even the NFL has to think that's a little repetitive since it literally happened last season.

7 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

Doing some playoff machine stuff, it looks like a Bills-Dolphins 1st round playoff matchup is very possible. The Bills win out and the Fins beat Baltimore, its in Miami, Bills win out, Fins lose to Baltimore, it's in Buffalo.

Also if the bills lose to the dolphins and the dolphins are the 3 seed we’d probably see them too lol 

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Also if the bills lose to the dolphins and the dolphins are the 3 seed we’d probably see them too lol 

I am firmly in the camp that if we don’t win these last two games, we don’t deserve the playoffs.

There is no excuse to being swept by a 3-11 Patriots team, and I don’t think the Dolphins are good.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

So Trevor Lawrence has a High Ankle Sprain, a concussion and a shoulder injury the last 3 weeks.  They could be in very big trouble. The unfortunate side is they are playing the Panthers next week. Could the Panthers pull it out against a Trevor Lawrence less Jaguars team.

Panthers looked pretty good today 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Apart from Dallas soiling themselves we had a GREAT day today. Patriots would be gravy at this point.

Agreed. Everything went our way, especially ATL taking down Indy, which was unexpected.  Best scenario is we win out. But this is exactly what the NFL wants on the last week of the season.  11 teams in the AFC with a shot and it looks like there could be 11 teams in the NFC with a shot.  Fans of 22 teams going ape sh^t on the final week the season.  That $$$$$$$ and that's what matters to the NFL.

Edited by TampaBillsJunkie
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean sure, but even the NFL has to think that's a little repetitive since it literally happened last season.

I've been trying different scenarios and all I can realistically come up with is, Bills-Fish, Bills-Chiefs, or no playoffs. Unless there's some major upsets.

I still don’t like our chances, sorry guys. If we get in we’ll do damage but I think Miami will eliminate us.

50 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

If New England wins tonight the NYT playoff simulator says the bills are 95% to make the playoffs at 10-7. 

NYT simulator doesn’t know what it’s doing because NE isn’t winning tonight.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.