Really good game for von to become von again

John from Riverside

Still wearing his brace, when he said he would shed it after T day…

Did anyone notice the one play on the snap Von immediately bent the edge toward behind the center. Hurts was in the gun, and ran the other way. It was bizarre. 

He honestly looks like one of my buddies suited up and went out for an old college try 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Still wearing his brace, when he said he would shed it after T day…

Did anyone notice the one play on the snap Von immediately bent the edge toward behind the center. Hurts was in the gun, and ran the other way. It was bizarre. 

He honestly looks like one of my buddies suited up and went out for an old college try 

The fact that he’s still wearing the brace, tells me he’s not all the way confident in his knee. 

Really good game to bench his ass, oh well, too late now.  As some of the posters say.. "it's part of the rehab process".  If that's the case the rehab process needs to be scrapped with the 100m loss, it's crippled the Bills as is, no need to cripple them further by trying to play him.  He flat out sucks, worse than any of our back ups.

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The Cover 1 guys (Gregg Thompsett/Aaron Quinn) in their postgame rundown specifically called Von out for the inexplicable misses on play recognition and lack of speed—albeit acknowledging that he’s at the same point Tre was in his recovery when we were worried Tre wasn’t going to return to form, etc. But he’s also older and you have to wonder how much internal drive there is to really put in that extra effort when he’s gotten paid and has trophies already sitting there, etc. 

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The Cover 1 guys (Gregg Thompsett/Aaron Quinn) in their postgame rundown specifically called Von out for the inexplicable misses on play recognition and lack of speed—albeit acknowledging that he’s at the same point Tre was in his recovery when we were worried Tre wasn’t going to return to form, etc. But he’s also older and you have to wonder how much internal drive there is to really put in that extra effort when he’s gotten paid and has trophies already sitting there, etc. 

You don't have to wonder *****, watch the film.  Bench the guy.  It dont matter now though 

I have no idea why we rushed him back like this. 

Did Von tell McD he was ready to go ? And the coaches/doctors thought that was good enough ? I can't believe McD could see him like this in a practice and think he was ready to go.

He's not only NOT 100%, he's so far from healthy he's a liability out there. We would've been better off letting him recuperate on IR and use the roster slot on a guy that was sitting on a couch (ala Linval Joseph) or a PS guy.  

6 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I have no idea why we rushed him back like this. 

Did Von tell McD he was ready to go ? And the coaches/doctors thought that was good enough ? I can't believe McD could see him like this in a practice and think he was ready to go.

He's not only NOT 100%, he's so far from healthy he's a liability out there. We would've been better off letting him recuperate on IR and use the roster slot on a guy that was sitting on a couch (ala Linval Joseph) or a PS guy.  

By far the worst of Beane signing, in desperation to win it all due to failure of major draft picks invested in the DL, major FA money spent on the DL.  None the less we still needed to sign a 31 year old has been to make up for the failures of the DL drafts, FA signings etc.  Have we ever focused on the significance of Allen not having better weapons?  The Oline?  Very rarely in the McDermott era.  That needs to change asap.  It starts with the coach.  The mentality needs to change here and it won't 

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He is toast.  So are Hyde and Poyer TBH.  Father Time is undefeated.

Von can't move anymore.  He is beyond slow.  Hyde can't cover anymore.  He was awful tonite.  And has been getting beat all year.  Poyer is almost as bad in coverage.  At least he can still hit.  We need some serious young talent on defense.

Guy is over a year from the injury.   Stop with the excuses.  Tre was a year out and has to stay with WRs cutting, but somehow Von cant juke a 300 plus pound OT?   Give any street free agent his snaps and you would have more stats than Vons one tackle/one assist.   He's downright embarrassing and giving zero effort.   I wouldnt even dress him at this point he is such a liability.  Holy crap I think Beane may have actually moved some of his money into year 4 and will cost us over 10 million even then in dead space.

Edited by billsfan714

Just now, billsfan714 said:

Guy is over a year from the injury.   Stop with the excuses.   Give any street free agent his snaps and you would have more stats than Vons one tackle/one assist.   He's downright embarrassing and giving zero effort.   I wouldnt even dress him at this point he is such a liability.  Holy crap I think Beane may have actually moved some of his money into year 4 and will cost us over 10 million even then in dead space.

I wouldn't even activate him after watching his film the last few weeks

• Like (+1) 1

Who makes the decision on how many snaps Von gets, and when they occur?

Is Eric Washington (DL Coach) seeing Von in practice and film and saying “we’re in a fight for our playoff lives, he should be on the field?” And giving that message to McDermott I find that hard to believe.

Is it McDermott? Just hoping it will suddenly click?

is it Beane trying to save face on the investment?

there is no way Floyd or Rousseau should have lost a single snap to Miller today!

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

Who makes the decision on how many snaps Von gets, and when they occur?

Is Eric Washington (DL Coach) seeing Von in practice and film and saying “we’re in a fight for our playoff lives, he should be on the field?” And giving that message to McDermott I find that hard to believe.

Is it McDermott? Just hoping it will suddenly click?

is it Beane trying to save face on the investment?

there is no way Floyd or Rousseau should have lost a single snap to Miller today!

That's my guess. 

Von is a 'process' guy. Veteran player that works hard, leads, and is a 'good person'. 

Von told McD he was ready and McD will trust the process and give him snaps. Even though he's worse than a JAG out there. Even though he's shown minimal signs of improvement through 8 games. 

Keep in mind McD is the guy that thought Nathan Peterman was a starting caliber QB. Multiple times. 

48 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

That's my guess. 

Von is a 'process' guy. Veteran player that works hard, leads, and is a 'good person'. 

Von told McD he was ready and McD will trust the process and give him snaps. Even though he's worse than a JAG out there. Even though he's shown minimal signs of improvement through 8 games. 

Keep in mind McD is the guy that thought Nathan Peterman was a starting caliber QB. Multiple times. 

He is also the guy who has lost to most recently (not including the mediocre losses) the Zach Wilson lead Jets, The Mac Jones led Pats, the Russ Wilson led Broncos, and runner up the Tyrod Taylor led Giants.  What a disastrous year to have with Josh Allen as your QB

1 hour ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

That's my guess. 

McD can't identify idiosity that lies right in front of him.  Keep parading Von out there at 30%.  Brilliant strategy. Von shouldn't have played 1 snap tonight.  I personally think Von's career is over.  You have to realistically consider an injury settlement at this point.  Tre looked very mediocre weeks and months after his recovery.  This may be it?

Edited by LABILLBACKER

When I was at the jets game, I had the privilege of sitting behind the bills bench in the front row. One thing I noticed was every time the bills defense made a big play or stop, nearly all the defenders would celebrate except for Von. Von would walk off the field by himself and kinda look around and at the ground like he realizes he stinks now. I think he knew he didn’t deserve to celebrate with the other players because he contributed nothing to the play. Just my observations

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I love when the broadcast highlights that he's on the field.

It's appropriately embarrassing for both him and the coaching staff that they keep trotting out the ghost of Von Miller to the field.

Every snap he's been out there has been a wasted snap. Think about how many times the coaching staff has put a zero impact player on the field at a critical position ... by choice.

Yet another reason to be DONE with McDermott.

4 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

I love when the broadcast highlights that he's on the field.

It's appropriately embarrassing for both him and the coaching staff that they keep trotting out the ghost of Von Miller to the field.

Every snap he's been out there has been a wasted snap. Think about how many times the coaching staff has put a zero impact player on the field at a critical position ... by choice.

Yet another reason to be DONE with McDermott.

I found it extremely sad when Romo tried to give him credit for flushing Hurts and the replay showed him standing straight up not moving and Romo just got quiet. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.