Jets @ Bills Game Thread - 1st half

Simon

Just now, EasternOHBillsFan said:

NEWS FLASH: We had a 13-3 lead at Met Life in Week One.

WAKE UP

Great more reason to play conservative, not reckless. Bills don’t need a shootout. Only way they lose is pretending they are playing the Chiefs and having to match points. This is a crappy desperate Jets team that relies on trickery. Don’t be fooled. They are who we thought they were. They want to muck the game up. Don’t turn this into a shootout. Allen doesn’t need 300 yards passing and 5 TDs to win this. 

6 minutes ago, MPT said:

Yeah I don't care about the play call. I care that Josh underthrew the end zone by 10 yards when it was only 50 yards away. And I say "only 50 yards" because Josh can throw it much farther than that. The DB only had to beat a bunch of offensive linemen for a TD the other direction because of that throw.

60 against the wind but OK

Just now, Bangarang said:

I’m still so confused about the QB draw. What was even the point? 

Probably thought it was the best and fastest way to get yards in about five seconds that would set them up for a more "makeable" Hail Mary into the wind.

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

Scored on 4 out of 6 drives.  Sure, you'd like to see at least one more of those drives end with a TD instead of a FG, but I'll take scoring 4 out of 6 times all day.  We moved the ball well until the redzone.  It's hard to fix everything in 5 days.

Two drives started deep in Jets territory after TOs. 

10 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Is this place always this insane on gameday threads? Like are you guys having a bad take contest?

Yeah.  Pretty much.  I come in to see some responses to specific plays, but as I continue to read I become worried about our species in general

3 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

it was worse than watching the end of a basketball game….but at least in basketball, you can commit penalties on defense to your advantage.

Robert “Mr. Clean” Saleh and his defensive timeouts has just solidified himself as my most unlikeable coach in the NFL.....just can’t stand that idiot.

• Agree 1

Just now, ILBillsfan said:

could also have an injury there trying to stop the INT....to many just so many things to say not do that play......they already talked how bad the wind was into that EZ so it being short was definately a thing and then the int is like a line drive punt return with mainly o line to beat

Could’ve had a jet get injured on the int return too lol genuinely don’t understand your argument at all.  These hypotheticals you’re whipping out to object to a Hail Mary to close out the half are outrageous

Just now, Special K said:

Robert “Mr. Clean” Saleh and his defensive timeouts has just solidified himself as my most unlikeable coach in the NFL.....just can’t stand that idiot.

I am amazed that it just happened for you. I’ve despised the guy ever since his first press conference with the Jets.

• Agree 1

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

Great more reason to play conservative, not reckless. Bills don’t need a shootout. Only way they lose is pretending they are playing the Chiefs and having to match points. This is a crappy desperate Jets team that relies on trickery. Don’t be fooled. They are who we thought they were. They want to muck the game up. Don’t turn this into a shootout. Allen doesn’t need 300 yards passing and 5 TDs to win this. 

They ran a brilliant play to force OT first meeting.

McD choosing to go on a Hail Mary right before the half after a false start is reckless and flat out dumb.

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, MPT said:

Yeah I don't care about the play call. I care that Josh underthrew the end zone by 10 yards when it was only 50 yards away. And I say "only 50 yards" because Josh can throw it much farther than that. The DB only had to beat a bunch of offensive linemen for a TD the other direction because of that throw.

Wow he was rolling left under pressure.. he wasn’t in the pocket. And against a very tough wind that was documented.. what part of this is an indictment of Josh? Wow 🤩 

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Could’ve had a jet get injured on the int return too lol genuinely don’t understand your argument at all.  These hypotheticals you’re whipping out to object to a Hail Mary to close out the half are outrageous

it' wasn't going to get there with that wind they have been tqlking about all game.....two bad things vs two good things ....this is when you just take a knee that is the arguement

I've settled in with the offense looking like crap (except the one guy telling me how great it is) and I'm fine with winning with defense and not turning the ball over.  I feel like we could score enough points running the ball but we don't go all in on that so we'll sputter and stall but no turnovers and we'll be alright.

Just now, Maine-iac said:

I've settled in with the offense looking like crap (except the one guy telling me how great it is) and I'm fine with winning with defense and not turning the ball over.  I feel like we could score enough points running the ball but we don't go all in on that so we'll sputter and stall but no turnovers and we'll be alright.

This is what the jets defense does to teams…the problem is we have had more trouble than this moving the ball against much worse defenses 

13 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

They called a pass play and he tried to make something happen. Who cares about the pick.. not anyone who understands the game.

Do you understand that a defensive back can easily elude the entire offensive line when they have the whole field to themselves? We got lucky that wasn't a pick six. 

Josh can make that throw in his sleep. He almost made a game altering mistake.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, MPT said:

Do you understand that a defensive back can easily elude the entire offensive line when they have the whole field to themselves? We got lucky that wasn't a pick six. 

Josh can make that throw in his sleep. He almost made a game altering mistake.

I’ve never seen a legitimate Hail Mary returned for a pick six in my life on probably hundreds of attempts.  They are completed for tds much much much much more often than they go the other way for pick sixes

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.