The only positive thing with our recent struggles, for the board

Bills fan since 87

Is that it's becoming clear who the fair weather fans are.  It's amazing how many posts I am reading saying things along the lines of "If I watch the game it will be out of morbid interest" or "I'm not bothered by losses anymore, I can now skip watching and do other hobbies on Sundays"

Does our current situation stink?  yes.  Do things need to be done better by the organization? yes.  But to say you're not going to bother watching or don't care on a message board specifically created for talking about the Bills?  that seems ridiculous to me.  Why are you even on here then?  What can you hope to contribute to the board if you in fact do not watch the games.

I was here for the 80's, I was here for the drought, I was here for our recent success and I will be here until the end.  Not just when it feels good to say my team is great.

I get the negativity and the complaining.  This forum provides a great place to vent frustrations, both valid and ridiculous.  It's therapeutic.  Things are not rosy at all right now and we have a right to demand more.  I'm not calling out the critical or hyper critical fans.  It's the ones who are saying  "I'm not going to watch" or "my weekends are free now" why bother posting in the first place?  If you don't even watch your opinions are thus rendered useless.

When I was sure we were going to win the Super Bowl after smoking the Rams and Titans to begin last season I thought how I would be disgusted by those "Bills fans" that wore the colors but couldn't tell you what position Dawson Knox played or who was in the AFC east.  I feel those people are much in the same as those saying they are "done watching" or "have better things to do".  To me that "fan" simply does not care enough to be considered true Mafia.  You either celebrate AND suffer with us or you are not one of us

Sorry for the rant.  Go Bills

• Like (+1) 9
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6
  • Dislike 2

Became a Bills fan when Jack Kemp was our QB. As angry as I have gotten he past few weeks, I still can vidily recall the years of having no chance before the season even began.  We can debate who should stay and who should go, but I'll always be a Bills fan!

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I watched virtually every game during the drought. (The few I missed were due to circumstances beyond my control.)

I've turned off games in the middle of the 4th quarter every now and then when the game was beyond all hope, but skip a Bills game entirely? No. You only get 17 opportunities a year to see your favorite team play.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Maybe I am wrong, but I think some of it is Pegula fatigue. I know a few years ago I was down to watching maybe a dozen or two Sabres games per year. Not that it is a conscious decision, but if this franchise starts to pick up some of the same stench as the Sabres, the Pegula's have already trained the fanbase to bail. 

Granted the NFL is a different beast. it prints it's own money, the season is much much shorter, and your team basically plays a couple of Sundays per year at the same exact time on the same exact TV station, then they disappear for 8 months. But I do think ownership is part of some of the undercurrent. 

EDIT: That said. I don't miss Bills games. I don't leave games early. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 3

I had this weird PTSD feeling come out of nowhere today where I Was imagining a world where the Bills moved away and I was wondering who I would root for. I pondered on this for a good five minutes, and then I realized that with current ownership and a new stadium that we will not lose our team in the next 20 years. Win, lose or tie I’m glad we have a football team to watch, and we are so lucky to have a superstar quarterback finally

Just think back to 10 years ago when we had EJ Manuel and Ralph Wilson 

• Like (+1) 1

You know, there's a lot of Bills fans that have been through a ton of crap with this team over the years and decades. We've all earned out metal. So, if some folks decide they're not watching or doing other things on Sunday, I say so what. I don't consider those fair-weather fans. Like I said, we've put up with a ton of crap and constant disappointment. It's draining. I'd rather cut folks some slack. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Is that it's becoming clear who the fair weather fans are.  It's amazing how many posts I am reading saying things along the lines of "If I watch the game it will be out of morbid interest" or "I'm not bothered by losses anymore, I can now skip watching and do other hobbies on Sundays"

Does our current situation stink?  yes.  Do things need to be done better by the organization? yes.  But to say you're not going to bother watching or don't care on a message board specifically created for talking about the Bills?  that seems ridiculous to me.  Why are you even on here then?  What can you hope to contribute to the board if you in fact do not watch the games.

I was here for the 80's, I was here for the drought, I was here for our recent success and I will be here until the end.  Not just when it feels good to say my team is great.

I get the negativity and the complaining.  This forum provides a great place to vent frustrations, both valid and ridiculous.  It's therapeutic.  Things are not rosy at all right now and we have a right to demand more.  I'm not calling out the critical or hyper critical fans.  It's the ones who are saying  "I'm not going to watch" or "my weekends are free now" why bother posting in the first place?  If you don't even watch your opinions are thus rendered useless.

When I was sure we were going to win the Super Bowl after smoking the Rams and Titans to begin last season I thought how I would be disgusted by those "Bills fans" that wore the colors but couldn't tell you what position Dawson Knox played or who was in the AFC east.  I feel those people are much in the same as those saying they are "done watching" or "have better things to do".  To me that "fan" simply does not care enough to be considered true Mafia.  You either celebrate AND suffer with us or you are not one of us

Sorry for the rant.  Go Bills

Is this the new Season Ticket and PSL license pitch? 

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.