DORSEY FIRED, Joe Brady Interim OC

Process

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

Extensions don't matter for coaches. Coach salaries don't impact the cap, and Pegula has shown a willingness to pay coaches to go away many times with the Sabres. Heck, he paid Rex Ryan for three years to not coach the team. 

As neophyte owners the Pegulas hired Rex with a fully gauranteed contract on the advice from tool bags Whaley and Brandon. The Pegulas got rid of Rex when they started to wise up as an owners and realized the Rex hire was horrendous. McD help resurect a franchise that they paid 1.4 billion dollars for. Now it is worth 3.7 billion, Bills have a franchise QB and a new stadium is on the way. McD is a big part of that. Not going anywhere. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

As neophyte owners the Pegulas hired Rex with a fully gauranteed contract on the advice from tool bags Whaley and Brandon. The Pegulas got rid of Rex when they started to wise up as an owners and realized the Rex hire was horrendous. McD help resurect a franchise that they paid 1.4 billion dollars for. Now it is worth 3.7 billion, Bills have a franchise QB and a new stadium is on the way. McD is a big part of that. Not going anywhere. 

Fans aren't going to be buying tickets or PSL's if McDermott is still running the show, hate to break it to you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

I have read a lot of posts defending McD, but this is a first. 

So what you are saying is that if and when McClappy gets fired, the Bills' value will decrease by over $2 Billion. 

Hmmm.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

McD has absolutely nothing to do with the franchise valuation. I'd also say he has little/nothing to do with the Franchise QB (other than trying to neuter him).

Also, note on Rex's contract, all coach's contracts are guaranteed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Brady is talking to the media right now. 

He sounds focused and prepared, and I really like what he's saying about how he views the coordinator role. Let's hope this is a good sign of things to come. 

"Josh Allen is the best quarterback in the NFL". 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Good video from Warner. I tend to agree with this. Overall there is something going on with the offense and I am not sure if it is as simple as Josh, Dorsey, etc. 

Part of me is a bit excited, but Warner eluded to something I am suddenly a little worried about. Josh is having some difficulty timing his footwork to the routes and setting his feet on time (early/late). Dorsey has OC is certainly in charge of everything, but as stuff gets more granular like the fundamentals of your footwork and decision making, eventually this gets drilled into by the positional coaches. 

Whether we like it or not, Dorsey was part of the staff (QB Coach) who helped fix this issue with Josh. I think there is a chance some things get worse under Brady if these are Josh's issues with him as his QB coach. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Brady is talking to the media right now. 

He sounds focused and prepared, and I really like what he's saying about how he views the coordinator role. Let's hope this is a good sign of things to come. 

"Josh Allen is the best quarterback in the NFL". 

Has anyone asked if he knows the playbook?  

• Haha (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Peter said:

I have read a lot of posts defending McD, but this is a first. 

So what you are saying is that if and when McClappy gets fired, the Bills' value will decrease by over $2 Billion. 

Hmmm.

If he failed to pick QB and change culture things would be different. How soon everyone forgets. 

2 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

Has anyone asked if he knows the playbook?  

I don't know if that's sarcastic or not but something similar was asked:

He said that he would prepare each week to call plays in case something happened and he was needed, so I'd imagine he would have a good grip on the playbook. 

Just now, jethro_tull said:

you've been listening to those ultra negative afternoon radio guys on WGR.  what waste of the airwaves.  

Dude I've been listening to everyone lol, from myself, to local and national media, to friends, to season ticket holders, to my dad... One constant I've been hearing is McDermott should be fired.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

I don't know if that's sarcastic or not but something similar was asked:

He said that he would prepare each week to call plays in case something happened and he was needed, so I'd imagine he would have a good grip on the playbook. 

I am being serious.  After all the media shows I listened to nobody asked him if he knows the playbook yet.  Thank you for your info.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

If he failed to pick QB and change culture things would be different. How soon everyone forgets. 

He is the one who traded the rights to pick Patrick Mahomes.

Beane was the one who made all of the moves to pick Allen.

Oh, and by the way, I have it on very good authority that Terry was one of the primary people pushing for selecting Josh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Negan said:

Dude I've been listening to everyone lol, from myself, to local and national media, to friends, to season ticket holders, to my dad... One constant I've been hearing is McDermott should be fired.

I hear you but just do not see it.... peace.  

Sean McDermott will ultimately win a Super Bowl.  This season being a let down it happens.  People got hyped up on the hang over of the past few seasons.  We lost a lot of defensive playmakers.  The offense was tired and a retread none changed playbook of Daboll’s.  It’s frustrating we all bought into the Lombardi movement it’s reality we don’t have Kaiir Elam running hybrid going corner and linebacker, we don’t have DaQoun Jones at tackle, and we leaned on Matt Milano.  Hats frustrating me is the lack of focus we didn’t take Jacksonville seriously and that’s where our problems began and end.  Sean is going to be crashing into reality need the humble and hungry vibes back.  

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Good video from Warner. I tend to agree with this. Overall there is something going on with the offense and I am not sure if it is as simple as Josh, Dorsey, etc. 

Part of me is a bit excited, but Warner eluded to something I am suddenly a little worried about. Josh is having some difficulty timing his footwork to the routes and setting his feet on time (early/late). Dorsey has OC is certainly in charge of everything, but as stuff gets more granular like the fundamentals of your footwork and decision making, eventually this gets drilled into by the positional coaches. 

Whether we like it or not, Dorsey was part of the staff (QB Coach) who helped fix this issue with Josh. I think there is a chance some things get worse under Brady if these are Josh's issues with him as his QB coach. 

Point blank I say this every time for those who blame Allen.  He’s been playing with a torn UCL from last season which hasn’t improved.  And a torn shoulder ligament.  If we need to shut down Josh at this point for IR and surgery it’s acceptable at this point.  

• Haha (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What happens to Dorsey's career if we do turn things around instantly with Brady?

Dorsey will go be a QB coach for one of the first-round QBs from this upcoming draft and then get another shot at being an OC in a few years. This happens because the primary line on Ken Dorsey's resume is QB coach to Cam Newton and Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I've only gotten through less than 2 minutes of Joe Brady talking than Dorsey, but I already like him better.  My bias I guess as an English teacher, but just so much more confident as a public speaker.

I know Dorsey was super football smart, but his PCs were painful.

My thing with Ken has always been...is he too smart for his own good? Sure, he can scheme up some fantastic designs. He can have a lot of really solid concepts. However, does he have the skill to teach them on a level that a 20 something year old will comprehend and be able to replicate? 

Keeping it simple is sometimes the smarter route. It's even smarter to be able to recognize when the time comes to simplify and try again. 

The buzzword for press conferences this season has been "confidence" Has Josh lost his confidence? Was McDermott confident in Dorsey? How do we find confidence? I bring that up because I believe players play to the style and personality of those around them. As you point out, Dorsey did not come across with any confidence. Was he that way in the meeting rooms as well? Who knows. But Joe Brady was up there under the lights in what had to be a tough spot for him... exuding confidence. That could be a difference maker IMO.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Sean McDermott will ultimately win a Super Bowl.  This season being a let down it happens.  People got hyped up on the hang over of the past few seasons.  We lost a lot of defensive playmakers.  The offense was tired and a retread none changed playbook of Daboll’s.  It’s frustrating we all bought into the Lombardi movement it’s reality we don’t have Kaiir Elam running hybrid going corner and linebacker, we don’t have DaQoun Jones at tackle, and we leaned on Matt Milano.  Hats frustrating me is the lack of focus we didn’t take Jacksonville seriously and that’s where our problems began and end.  Sean is going to be crashing into reality need the humble and hungry vibes back.  

Point blank I say this every time for those who blame Allen.  He’s been playing with a torn UCL from last season which hasn’t improved.  And a torn shoulder ligament.  If we need to shut down Josh at this point for IR and surgery it’s acceptable at this point.  

I wasn't piling on Josh, but to your point in the last 2 weeks 4 HoF QB's have said Josh needs to be a better decision maker. Warner, Brady, Eli, and Peyton. I was simply adding some color that actually gave maybe some pause for concern outside of Josh himself, and that may actually be our former QB coach and new Offensive Coordinator.

Warner points out early that Allen isn't getting his feet set on time, sometimes early sometimes late. He specifically says he has to pair his drop back with the routes. It was something that was an issue early in his career. Something that Dorsey as his QB coach was able to help remedy. It is certainly plausible that part of Allen's problems fall on his newest QB coach not addressing it effectively. This was my point. 

Specifically to your point about "those who blame Allen". Tom Brady isn't right all the time, Kurt Warner isn't right all the time, Eli Manning isn't right all the time, and Peyton Manning isn't right all the time. These guys are not infallible. But when all 4 seem of those guys align on a single issue it deserves some traction. How much much attention to it certainly varies, but if those 4 guys are saying you are doing the same thing wrong, they are probably right. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I've only gotten through less than 2 minutes of Joe Brady talking than Dorsey, but I already like him better.  My bias I guess as an English teacher, but just so much more confident as a public speaker.

I know Dorsey was super football smart, but his PCs were painful.

Just the fact that Brady has experience being an oc makes me like him better. Time will tell, but McDermott hiring Dorsey as oc might be one of his biggest blunders

• Awesome! (+1) 1

this is the quote that gives me the warmest fuzzy feeling.. Hopefully we will see fruition

https://x.com/sharpndpensel/status/1725204298601058405?s=20

The thing that makes me most encouraged about Joe Brady is that the film people who matter indicate that he understands route spacing and making the reads work in a nice, sequential order for the QB to work through - something Ken Dorsey really struggled with. #BillsMafia

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

I sure hope all this sadness around Dorsey being fired is just because that's how they think they're supposed to act. Diggs is the only one showing a re-energized mindset. 

How do you know? Did his brother post that he is re-energized?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

I love how the national media tries to turn everything into a controversy: https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/11/16/buffalo-bills-joe-brady-josh-allen-best-quarterback-nfl

So stupid!  Like he's going to say "Oh, I love Josh, he's like 5th, maybe 6th best QB in the League, IMO!" 🤣

And I'm w Brady, Josh or bust!! :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

I sure hope all this sadness around Dorsey being fired is just because that's how they think they're supposed to act. Diggs is the only one showing a re-energized mindset. 

Dude... seriously?  It's clear a lot of them have a very close, personal relationship with Dorsey... especially Allen.

You wouldn't be sad if one of your close friends just had their life upended?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.