Colts vs Patriots in Frankfurt GameDay thread

stuvian

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I am not if they keep losing they will get one of the top two QBs.  (But a huge drop off after them and be a reach in the top 5) Then in the second round get a top OT or trade up and get one.. and with all the cap space sign a couple good WR to go with Douglas. The D is pretty good when healthy so not much needed there maybe another Edge with Judon. 

I think he resigns or retires at the end of the year. Some team will want him and trade with NE to get him. 

No upside for Belichick to retire because NE has his rights.

If he wants to continue coaching a firing is best for him so he's free to go wherever he wants and the new team doesn't have to give up picks

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

What makes that Mac Jones even worse is 1. He had time and could have stepped into the throw instead of fading away like he did and 2. The guy was WIDE OPEN!!

Well the game could have passed him by he is 71 after all. He doesn’t have the drive or the drive he once had.

The game hasn't past him by. I'm sure he still has the drive. He's just always been a trash head coach that got by with the greatest QB to ever play for 20 years. 

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

I'm not saying that Mac Jones is a good QB, but you cannot expect a young player to develop with three different OCs in three years. BTW, I think that Josh McDaniels will be the OC the next time the Pats play after the bye. They have to see if he can get Mac back to the rookie year form.

Michael Irvin can't stop interrupting his co-hosts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

New England needs a reset.... Don't know the dynamics.... but, back in the '80's we the Bills and the Pats were bottom feeders, trust me I was a season ticket holder and the best part of the game was just getting drunk... and boy, we did.... Don't know what NE is going to do, but they need a new voice. They are are going to be force if going forward.... if the the figure what needs to be done... not unlike what the Bills have done. 

Edited by Huh? What?
new wording

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

What makes that Mac Jones even worse is 1. He had time and could have stepped into the throw instead of fading away like he did and 2. The guy was WIDE OPEN!!

Well the game could have passed him by he is 71 after all. He doesn’t have the drive or the drive he once had.

NFL Network has it right. The Patriots are reaping what the sowed with Mac Jones. The OC situation he had to put up

with is nothing short of embarrassing.

Just now, Huh? What? said:

New England needs a reset.... Don't know the dynamics.... but, back in the '80's we the Bills and the Pats were bottom feeders, trust me I was a season ticket holder and the best part of the game was just getting drunk... and boy, we did.... Don't what NE is going to do, but they need a new voice. They are are going to be force if going forward.... if the the figure what needs to be done... not unlike what the Bills have done. 

They are the Jauron Bills (actually worst). They won’t hit complete rock bottom to get a franchise changing qb so they will settle for scrubs like Jones. 

I’ve never been happier than when they picked him. Dude for propped up by superstars at every position and he acts like he’s Brady. 

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

No upside for Belichick to retire because NE has his rights.

If he wants to continue coaching a firing is best for him so he's free to go wherever he wants and the new team doesn't have to give up picks

What’s best for him is a year off for owners to forget this disaster then want to hire him.   Unless the Giants HC job opens up

1 minute ago, Beast said:

NFL Network has it right. The Patriots are reaping what the sowed with Mac Jones. The OC situation he had to put up

He’s worst this year with Bill O’Brien. Dude has like 5 good games in the nfl. He was never going to be good.

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

What’s best for him is a year off for owners to forget this disaster then want to hire him.   Unless the Giants HC job opens up

He will get hired the second they fire him. While this provides that the “Patriot Way” was basically having Brady, man boobs is still a good coach. Just an awful GM. If he went to a team with a good GM and qb, he’d be great.

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

1st and 3rd year OC are very similar, his 2nd year was unacceptable. That said this right now is on Jones and not the OC the plays are there and the reason he was drafted was his football IQ which seems to have vanished.

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I am not if they keep losing they will get one of the top two QBs.  (But a huge drop off after them and be a reach in the top 5) Then in the second round get a top OT or trade up and get one.. and with all the cap space sign a couple good WR to go with Douglas. The D is pretty good when healthy so not much needed there maybe another Edge with Judon. 

I think he resigns or retires at the end of the year. Some team will want him and trade with NE to get him. 

Not for nothing, but this is the ultimate "fan vision" post. Here's what may be a bit more closer to the truth about what the reality is.

Belichick really has nothing left in trade value. Look at his age. Look at what he's done lately. Would take a special kind of stupid to move assets for that combination. Add in the fact that if the Patriots are wanting to move on you wait it out and call the bluff. Days tick by and decisions have to be made...you force Krafts hand in this. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Not for nothing, but this is the ultimate "fan vision" post. Here's what may be a bit more closer to the truth about what the reality is.

Belichick really has nothing left in trade value. Look at his age. Look at what he's done lately. Would take a special kind of stupid to move assets for that combination. Add in the fact that if the Patriots are wanting to move on you wait it out and call the bluff. Days tick by and decisions have to be made...you force Krafts hand in this. 

Hey a man can hope for a team to do something stupid and offer us picks for BB right!? I mean teams do dumb things all the time. 

9 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

The game hasn't past him by. I'm sure he still has the drive. He's just always been a trash head coach that got by with the greatest QB to ever play for 20 years. 

People that disagree with me on this forget that he had 6 full seasons of being a head coach before he had Brady to bail him out. 4 losing seasons out of 5 in Cleveland and 1 losing season before Brady in NE. It is what it is. It's not just what he has done post Brady. How do you look at 2 playoff seasons out of 11 full seasons coached, about to be 12 and say "yep. Greatest ever". He is trash. I have no clue how you see otherwise

14 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I'm not saying that Mac Jones is a good QB, but you cannot expect a young player to develop with three different OCs in three years. BTW, I think that Josh McDaniels will be the OC the next time the Pats play after the bye. They have to see if he can get Mac back to the rookie year form.

His rookie year form?  So, just bad instead of really bad?

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

I don’t agree.

Patriots scored 17 points against a Commanders defense that we put 37 points on.

Patriots scored 17 points against a Dolphins defense that we hung nearly 50 points on.

Patriots scored (you guessed it) 17 points against a Raiders defense we put 38 points on.

Patriots scored 0 points against a Saints defense that gave up 26 points to the Bucs, 27 points to the Colts, 31 points to the Jags, etc.

Unless you’re telling me that we are in the worst defense in the NFL without Ed, Milano and Tre, then we simply played and coached like crap that final drive against NE.

One of the worst for sure…I’m not even sure it’s debatable.  We absolutely nosedived in all the big defensive metrics in that stretch post jax despite seeing almost entirely bottom third offenses.  The giants offense is historically horrendous also and it is by the grace of god they didn’t put up 20+ on us.  It’s not like it was just the pats game.  

not saying it should be an excuse for anyone…people can hate whoever they want as much as they want whether it be coaches or players lol.  But talent wise we were ‘out’ arguably our 5 best defensive players 

we focused a lot on the saints for some reason haha so I’ll continue that.  Who was our Demario Davis when we played the pats? 
who was our cam Jordan? Paulson Adebo is playing out of his mind also. 
We didn’t have anyone in the same zip code of that much talent in that pats game

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They are the Jauron Bills (actually worst). They won’t hit complete rock bottom to get a franchise changing qb so they will settle for scrubs like Jones. 

I’ve never been happier than when they picked him. Dude for propped up by superstars at every position and he acts like he’s Brady. 

They are currently picking #3.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

People that disagree with me on this forget that he had 6 full seasons of being a head coach before he had Brady to bail him out. 4 losing seasons out of 5 in Cleveland and 1 losing season before Brady in NE. It is what it is. It's not just what he has done post Brady. How do you look at 2 playoff seasons out of 11 full seasons coached, about to be 12 and say "yep. Greatest ever". He is trash. I have no clue how you see otherwise

People like you forget that most HC fail their first time out. You also forget he went 11-5 when Brady missed an entire season and went 3-1 when he was suspended.. You also fail to recognize he made the playoffs with Cleveland then the next year the Owner announces they were moving and the team crumbled… but in a vacuum your facts stand up.. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

dude for propped up by superstars?  i think you had too many biscuits, corny

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They will win a couple more games this year, watch. Especially if BB thinks he isn’t coming back. It will be like the Lovie Smith situation (which worked out great in hindsight).

Well... They've got one more vs the Bills this year... So... :unsure:

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They will win a couple more games this year, watch. Especially if BB thinks he isn’t coming back. It will be like the Lovie Smith situation (which worked out great in hindsight).

It would be hilarious if they won like 2-3 out of their last four.

they are really awful though man. Idk. Team looks completely lost.

15 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

People like you forget that most HC fail their first time out. You also forget he went 11-5 when Brady missed an entire season and went 3-1 when he was suspended.. You also fail to recognize he made the playoffs with Cleveland then the next year the Owner announces they were moving and the team crumbled… but in a vacuum your facts stand up.. 

No, most coaches don't fail their first time out. The guy was in Cleveland for 5 years. He had ONE playoff season while he was there. The team was 3-3 when the move was announced to go to Baltimore. It's not like he was 5-1 or 6-0 or something. Who cares what that he went 3-1 when Brady was suspended. That's 4 games. He got lucky in 08 as well with the easiest freaking schedule you could find. After a 16-0 season. 9 of the Patriots 11 wins that year were against teams with losing records. Ironically, 4 out of the 5 losses he had that year were against teams with winning records

These are his records in full seasons without Brady. 

6-10

7-9

7-9

11-5

5-11

5-11

10-5

7-9

10-7

8-9

2-8 so far in 2023

Those are Belichick's full season's coached without Brady. How is that any better than Dick Jauron? Bills fans would know that. 2 OUT OF 12. Not 2 out of 5 or 2 out of 6. 2 OUT OF 12 playoff seasons without Brady. Before and after he had him. Face reality, bro. He is garbage

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

No, most coaches don't fail their first time out. The guy was in Cleveland for 5 years. He had ONE playoff season while he was there. The team was 3-3 when the move was announced to go to Baltimore. It's not like he was 5-1 or 6-0 or something. Who cares what that he went 3-1 when Brady was suspended. That's 4 games. He got lucky in 08 as well with the easiest freaking schedule you could find. After a 16-0 season. 9 of the Patriots 11 wins that year were against teams with losing records. Ironically, 4 out of the 5 losses he had that year were against teams with winning records

6-10

7-9

7-9

11-5

5-11

5-11

10-5

7-9

10-7

8-9

2-8 so far in 2023

Those are Belichick's full season's coached without Brady. How is that any better than Dick Jauron? Bills fans would know that. 2 OUT OF 12. Not 2 out of 5 or 2 out of 6. 2 OUT OF 12 playoff seasons without Brady. Before and after he had him. Face reality, bro. He is garbage

11-5 in 2008. Brady went out of that game in the first quarter; cassel played the vast majority of the game.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

6-10

7-9

7-9

11-5

5-11

5-11

10-5

7-9

10-7

8-9

2-8 so far in 2023

Belichick = Jauron is a ridiculous narrative. 

I don’t remember Jauron shutting down the Bills offense to win a Super Bowl with the Giants. 

Those Pats teams were stacked and had the NFL/refs on their side for whatever reason. But Belichick is and always was a defensive genius.

I believe what you’re seeing now is Belichick the average GM finally coming to fruition. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

11-5 in 2008. Brady went out of that game in the first quarter; cassel played the vast majority of the game.

Did you not read that I acknowledged that? They were coming off a season in which they 16-0. The Patriots won 11 games that season. 9 out of those 11 wins were against teams with losing records. The only 2 teams he beat that year with winning records went no better than 9-7. He had 5 losses that season. 4 of those losses came to teams with a winning record and the other to and 8-8 chargers team which smashed them that year. So, 9 wins out of 11 games against losing teams. 4 losses out 5 games against winning teams. Please tell me what is so impressive about that. Many coaches could have easily done the same

9 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Belichick = Jauron is a ridiculous narrative. 

I don’t remember Jauron shutting down the Bills offense to win a Super Bowl with the Giants. 

Those Pats teams were stacked and had the NFL/refs on their side for whatever reason. But Belichick is and always was a defensive genius.

I believe what you’re seeing now is Belichick the average GM finally coming to fruition. 

Ok. The reason why the Bills offense got "shut down in the Super Bowl" was because of their own stubbornness. Belichick invited them to run the entire game. Belichick himself acknowledged this and said that he hoped we wouldn't run that much because they would have been in trouble. Thurman had 15 carries for 135 yards. Imagine what Thurman would have done with 25 or 30. Our offense got shut down because they were gonna live and die with what got them there. This was said by Frank Reich and Jim Kelly themselves in interviews. Belichick gets way to much credit for that. And yes, look at the records without Brady. He is dick Jauron. He had ONE Victory better in the same amount of games coached after his first 6 seasons than Rich Kotite. Kotite went 40-57 in 6 years. Belichick went 41-56 in his first 6 years. He is not a genius. People have been brainwashed into believing that

Edited by Buffalo03

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Did you not read that I acknowledged that? They were coming off a season in which they 16-0. The Patriots won 11 games that season. 9 out of those 11 wins were against teams with losing records. The only 2 teams he beat that year with winning records went no better than 9-7. He had 5 losses that season. 4 of those losses came to teams with a winning record and the other to and 8-8 chargers team which smashed them that year. So, 9 wins out of 11 games against losing teams. 4 losses out 5 games against winning teams. Please tell me what is so impressive about that. Many coaches could have easily done the same

Take a look at Levy's record without Kelly. Truth be told great coaches have great players and vice versa. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Take a look at Levy's record without Kelly. Truth be told great coaches have great players and vice versa. 

Levy is also very overrated. But while we're at it. Let's look at Andy Reid's record without Mahomes

92-49-1 with McNabb (5 NFC championship games and a Super Bowl appearance

50-26 with Alex Smith. ALEX FREAKING SMITH ( multiple playoff appearances)

Look at Tomlin in Pittsburgh. The dude makes the playoffs with Roehlisberger having nothing left. He's 5-3 right now and has the Steelers in the playoff race with Kenny freaking Pickett. He just lost out on the playoffs last year by one game and went 9-8 with Pickett and Trubisky last year. 

Come on man. Everything you people come up with. I have something to show you the complete opposite

Edited by Buffalo03

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Levy is also very overrated. But while we're at it. Let's look at Andy Reid's record without Mahomes

92-49-1 with McNabb (5 NFC championship games and a Super Bowl appearance

50-26 with Alex Smith. ALEX FREAKING SMITH ( multiple playoff appearances)

Look at Tomlin in Pittsburgh. The dude makes the playoffs with Roehlisberger having nothing left. He's 5-3 right now and has the Steelers in the playoff race with Kenny freaking Pickett. He just lost out on the playoffs last year by one game and went 9-8 with Pickett and Trubisky last year. 

Come one man. Everything you people come up with. I have something to show you the complete opposite

And McDermott had a winning record with Tyrod and Nate Peterman at QB with one of the worst collection of WRs we've ever seen etc. I get people are hating on him right now but winning a Super Bowl isn't just coaching, it's also players and sometimes just luck. As so many games come down to one or two plays. 

5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

And McDermott had a winning record with Tyrod and Nate Peterman at QB with one of the worst collection of WRs we've ever seen etc. I get people are hating on him right now but winning a Super Bowl isn't just coaching, it's also players and sometimes just luck. As so many games come down to one or two plays. 

The Patriots also got favorable calls from the refs all those years that they clearly don't get anymore either. The point is Bill Belichick is Rich Kotite and Dick Jauron without Brady. His record without him proves that but people have been brainwashed for 2 decades. Brady left Belichick and in his first season took the Buccs who had 12 straight non playoff seasons before he got there and won a Super Bowl. 

Edited by Buffalo03

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.