1. 1. Single reason for the Offense doing poorly

• Allen has lost his focus and doesn't prep
    • Dorsey sucks
    • Insufficient number of good WRs
    • Running game sucks
    • OL is terrible
    • McDermott is messing with Dorsey's planning
    • McDermott is giving Dorsey too much free rein

There are lot of reasons being thrown out for the Bills not performing up to expectations. I wanted to isolate the Offense and get the community's feeling on the top reason. The question is simple - what is the top reason for the Offense's underperformance? Don't weigh in with "its a combination of reasons". I am just looking for your opinion on the top reason. 

My opinion - it's Dorsey and his schemes. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Agree 1

While I kind of agree that Dorsey does suck at times. It's mostly because he isn't innovative enough to get the Buffalo run game going with Cook or whoever the RB is...

Buffalo needs Josh Allen under center and that run game working no matter how many the opponent stacks in a box. Key word, innovative! 

Coaching, imo.

We should be better than last year w/ some of the upgrades.  We looked like our old selves against Miami - I thought that was the start of something, but it looks flukey now.  

The playcalling is generally lacking.  It was actually thrilling to see the one trick play yesterday, even though it didn't work.  I feel like our scheme is predictable and easy to gameplan against.  It's almost vanilla/preseason at times.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

36 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Not sure what the main problem is, but I heard a great point on WGR this morning. How can you add Kincaid & O’Torrence who both would be perceived as solid replacements, yet the offense is worse than last year. 

Something is not right with Josh. What that is…who knows. 

I know...its Dorsey.  

No two drives look the same.  Beane wasn't kidding when he said this team is still looking for it's identity, and he was directly talking to the offense.  Defense has it, that unit was first in every major defensive category until injuries happened and despite those injuries the defense is holding itself together enough for us to win games.  

But the offense, it has no significant injuries and one drive looks like an explosive smooth machine and the next it doesn't even look like the same team.  Dorsey has been an issue since he became OC and Allen, Diggs, etc are talented enough to still produce despite the poor coaching of Dorsey.  But Dorsey now is a dead anchor on this offense and its killing this team.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.