Bills @ Bengals postgame thread

Simon

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

We did not go "toe to toe" we got dominated and scored a late TD to make it somewhat interesting.

This was the Bucs TNF game in reverse.

The Bills had the ball deep in Bengals territory early in the fourth quarter down 11 had Kincaid not fumbled they would have cut it down to 3-8 points with plenty of time left. Kincaid fumbled the Bills cut the lead to 6 with enough time to get one more possession. 

It was far closer than the Bucs were in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Considering it now feels like we're pushing the bloated corpse of Poona Ford off into the ocean on an ice flow, yeah might have been nice to have gone in a different direction.

i dont understand how such a huge mass of player can be so weak at plugging a hole.   poor player evaluation

4 hours ago, Roundybout said:

This is insane. You do know this is insane right?

Is it really? Because I think blame for this burning dumpster fire if a season is shared across the board  Melon farmer, now a veteran player, still makes the same boneheaded decisions.

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia
  • Vomit 1

So glad I went to sleep early and didn't waste a day feeling like crap, F#n up my whole schedule to watch this inept team.  Changes need to be made, starting with OC at least.  Another year of JA#17 wasted....How many does he have left now?  10 if we are Blessed?

This is the first game since Josh was drafted I didn't bother to watch.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Old Coot said:

I do not necessarily disagree with you but changing OCs in the middle of the year is not an easy task. The replacement needs to be familiar with the Bills' offense and the playcalling terminology. Is there someone on staff who could take over the OC duties?

At this point, it isn’t about this year. It’s about next year. I want Dorsey gone but it’s too late in the season for that to be meaningful this year and no one on our current staff is good enough for the job. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

If we can get healthy we will be the dark horse

We can expect this and more of it as long as McDermott is in charge on and off the field, but; there is good news on the horizon.......

The 2024 draft looks to be chock full of safeties for McDermott to trade up for.

• Haha (+1) 1

This team is toast. If they don’t win the Division (can’t believe I’m even saying that, given how bad they look), they are going to miss the playoffs.

For the first time since before the drought I didn’t finish a game and crashed in the 3rd. No way I’m wasting the entire next day exhausted for that garbage product. I didn’t even need to check the score to know they lost. It’s obvious the Dorsey/Josh combo does not work well enough to win consistently. I think Dorsey sucks, he needs to go after this season, but Josh has definitely regressed. He does not see the field nearly as well as he has in the past. IDK why, I’m just an armchair coach/GM, but there is a complete disconnect between what Josh wants to do/is good at, and what offense we are actually running.

Defense hasn’t done anything to help the offense with a complete lack of turnovers. Still, with the injuries and being kept together with duct tape they are still giving the offense a chance and the O craps the bed every time. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Steptide said:

My expectations for this season are dwindling fast. There is definitely a problem on offense and unless they do something, this team is going nowhere this year. The bills have way too much talent to suck this bad 

It’s an offensive consistency and game management issue. We start off the game with a great game-plan matriculating the ball down the field on quick reads and get a TD. Then the next quarter and a half we go away from that and start running wide and trying to force deep passes that aren’t there. Why change what’s working?

On top of that when we finally are getting the offense back on track to get another FG or TD before half our head coach is lost in the clouds with 43 seconds left and on opponents side of the field we let the clock keep rolling. We let 16 seconds drop off the clock to rush a hobbled Kincaid to the line of scrimmage and basically throw to him which might as well have been spiking the ball to stop the clock and waste a down. 

Dorsey fixed his mistakes second half and the offense started humming again and I don’t blame Kincaid for the fumble but man that sucked the air out of our comeback. The defense tightened up and Joseph earned every penny of his new contract stopping the bengals and eventually forcing them to have to punt on a promising drive.

The way we started and ended the game is the way we need to play the ENTIRETY of the game. If we ever did that continuously, we would be what we should be, and that is the best team in football. But we truly do have an “identity issue” and it shouldn’t be this way with our HC who has been here forever. He’s a great guy but as a coach, McDermott and Dorsey are perpetually lacking of what this team needs on a game by game basis. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Wait til old Coach Sal gets on tomorrow to tell you everything is great and the team just lost a close, one score game to a team everyone thinks is a SB contender.

As if it wasn't totally one sided until we scored late to make it interesting for one play until the Bengals ended it

Yep, plus he'll go out of his way to defend the Bills coaches and say the Bills are banged up.  Meanwhile, Knox is the only guy on offense banged up.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

At this point, it isn’t about this year. It’s about next year. I want Dorsey gone but it’s too late in the season for that to be meaningful this year and no one on our current staff is good enough for the job. 

Nonsense. Bills fans need heads to roll for this abortion of a season. 

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Is it really? Because I think blame for this burning dumpster fire if a season is shared across the board  Melon farmer, now a veteran player, still makes the same boneheaded decisions.

Blaming Allen for the loss shows a complete lack of understanding of the game that’s so dire I think it’s terminal 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Blaming Allen for the loss shows a complete lack of understanding of the game that’s so dire I think it’s terminal 

Agree. However, Allen isn’t blameless. Turnovers, missed opportunities due locking in on Diggs, refusing to take dump offs. His mindset and preparation for games seems poor. And I gotta imagine that’s on him not getting himself ready and/or Ken not mentally prepping him

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Mango said:

A few things. The offense ran 21 plays the first half. 7 were in the first drive. Then they went 4, 2, 3, and 5. I wish the offense would sustain drives and get the run game going too. 

Your hot take makes zero sense.

The way this offense sustains drives is non-conventional when wanting to dominate TOP. The usual approach would be to run more than throw, use every second of the play clock and don't take unnecessary risks. The strength of this offense is to go no huddle with risky plays, keeping everything uptempo. 

Dorsey initiated this on the first drive, and then abandoned it. Why? McDermott and Josh both say they don't why it was moved away from - did neither think to ask, if so? Josh may not feel in a position to challenge but McDermott certainly is.

For e, a conventional approach on TOP offense feels like something which is more from McDemott's wheelhouse than Dorsey's. That's why I don't believe him when he "didn't know". And if it was really the case, as said, why didn't he ask and pull rank? Non-coaching minds all over can see the best approach so having a defensive minded Head Coach point it out shouldn't be unexpected.

Just now, VaMilBill said:

Agree. However, Allen isn’t blameless. Turnovers, missed opportunities due locking in on Diggs, refusing to take dump offs. His mindset and preparation for games seems poor. And I gotta imagine that’s on him not getting himself ready and/or Ken not mentally prepping him

Can't imagine last night was either considering he came out hot. Changing the design of the offense after the first drive was the issue. When they returned to it in the second half suddenly Josh looked nearer his best again. Funny that.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.