Bills @ Bengals postgame thread

Simon

10 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

No way; stop kidding yourself.  The Bengals would have just put up more points. Their receivers were running WIDE OPEN all night, and Burrow was like a surgeon out there when there was some close coverage. He's smart too, as I believe he torched the Bills D every single time they blitzed.

Yeah, I mean the Bengals were obviously running the ball and trying not to score the entire second half.

/sarcasm

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It just seems to me that a lot of the guys surrounding JA on offense are just okay (not terrible, not great), other than Diggs.  Sure, the offensive play calling has been bad at times (maybe far too often), but the offense is way too dependent on JA playing at a very high level all of the time (too make up for the deficiencies in the offense).

9 hours ago, Heitz said:

- Josh's turnover - terrible, terrible, terrible, led to Bengals points

Josh turnover was terrible but it didn't lead to Bengals points.  Our D actually pushed the Bengals back and they punted.

9 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2023/10/24/ken-dorsey-sean-mcdermott-input-buffalo-bills-offense-nfl/

he definitely has some of his fingerprints on it. 

He and Dorsey admits it in that article^

ooof

“I’m doing everything that I can as a head coach to make sure that things are the way that I want them and expect them to be across all three phases,” McDermott said via video conference.

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Everyone’s giving the defense credit here. The defense was on skates from the start. Every 3rd down guys were wide open. Anything they wanted they had. I’m not giving them any credit here. The Bengals started playing with their food and kept us in it. There was zero resistance by this defense all night in big spots. I’m not going to just act Like this defense isn’t a problem.

Completely wrong.  The Bills turned the ball over on our own 32 and the Bengals got zero points from it.  That is a huge spot. They forced a turnover on downs on our own 35 as well.  The Bengals scored 3 points the entire second half of the game and please don't tell me they weren't trying to score points. They went for it on 4th and 5 at the end of the 3rd quarter.  They were passing all game long, not burning clock.  Our offense did nothing the entire game.  Our D held them most of the game after the first two drives.  That is good defense and winning defense.  This wasnt just some junk team.  Its a legit superbowl contender in their own house with a top 5 QB.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Wow!

I know right?  I didn't think he meddled with the offense that much until that dude posted the article link.  The coach should be involved.  That is the head coach job, but if he is the problem then he needs to let go.  This is probably why he and Daboll hate each other.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I thought there would be more talk about the end of the 1st half.

That was inexplicable.  Why punt when you can call timeout w/ a second left, and try a hail mary?  The latter isn't a huge chance, but that just looked like bad situational awareness.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I hope we win next week, but if we lose it won’t be so bad. I’ll be able to emotionally release the expectations I had from before the season and accept we likely will not be making the playoffs.

I checked out after the Jags game, when we had all those injuries to key players, in a 2 week span…

It was then that I made peace with whatever the season outcome was…I  promised myself to just enjoy the good plays when they came, and to root for the young players…👍

The Knox contract keeps pissing me off though…I hated it at the time he signed- and I hate it even more now…

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I checked out after the Jags game, when we had all those injuries to key players, in a 2 week span…

It was then that I made peace with whatever the season outcome was…I  promised myself to just enjoy the good plays when they came, and to root for the young players…👍

The Knox contract keeps pissing me off though…I hated it at the time he signed- and I hate it even more now…

Your  outlook is healthy.   I wish I had the same pragmatic view.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

In retrospect, I think we can finally put the '13 seconds would have won a SB' crap to bed because there was no way this team was beating this same Bengals team in the AFCCG that year either.

In fact here's a very sobering thing to consider....if not for the Hamlin incident this team would be 0-3 against the Bengals right now in a span of 11 months going back to that fateful MNF game at the beginning of this year.

I picked the Bengals to win the SB this year for a reason and sticking with that despite the fact that the Chiefs and Ravens will likely have something to say about it January.

That Super Bowl Bengal's team was not the same team that beat the Bills in the playoffs the next year.  The O line was horrendous and Burrow was not nearly as polished as he was a year later.

The worst part.

This is going to be an unpopular opinion.

There was SO many blantant items to be angry and frustrated with, it seems ridiculous to even say.

The Allen interception was the worst part for me. Hands down. 

Penalties happen, fumbles too. Offensive lineman are physically beaten from time to time. And so on and so forth… these so many minute, yet accumulating deficiencies, added up to what felt like a beat down.

But that Allen INT was the worst part.

We’ll draft new OL. We might see another corrdinator. WRs will come and go. We’ll have penalty free games and games we can’t get right. 

But that Allen pic just haunts me. He has to be better. And he is here to stay. 

The worst part for me, despite all the other hot garbage happening around him, was seeing Allen melt in that moment. He’s my guy and I’ll ride and die with him, but seeing him pull the trigger on that ball was so disappointing. 

That’s the worst part. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

todays pc

Make sure we are stretching the field ?!?! with what exactly ?

I miss chan gailey and fitz about now.

the horizontal game , sideline to sideline

ken doesnt even know what that means. he's two dimensional . 

lets get some maturity back on the Coaching staff.

And some one who can actually bring back the old Josh and then develop that

I cant even watch dorsey talk at this point.

wanted him gone last year and am on the record 

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I stopped watching a few weeks ago and read the reports post game watch some low lites

My son was in California watching and still hopeful, sending me texts

I could not bear to tell him to look away.

God Bless those that have hope yet

34 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

The worst part.

There was SO many blantant items to be angry and frustrated with, it seems ridiculous to even say.

Penalties happen, fumbles too. Offensive lineman are physically beaten from time to time. And so on and so forth… these so many minute, yet accumulating deficiencies, added up to what felt like a beat down.

We’ll draft new OL. We might see another corrdinator. WRs will come and go. We’ll have penalty free games and games we can’t get right. 

The worst part for me, despite all the other hot garbage happening around him, was seeing Allen melt in that moment. He’s my guy and I’ll ride and die with him, but seeing him pull the trigger on that ball was so disappointing. 

That’s the worst part. 

whats heartbreaking  for me , is the Kid really  and truly had the chutzpah to carry this team for over a decade. And now ?

he lost his way.

that really psss me off with Bills coaches

• Vomit 1

11 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

whats heartbreaking  for me , is the Kid really  and truly had the chutzpah to carry this team for over a decade. And now ?

he lost his way.

Yes and no, for me.

Hes always been this guy that just makes the boneheaded plays. He’s just also always been able to make up for them.

In this twighlight zone offense, there just isn’t room for it because of how they play. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

he lost his way.

This post is why we need a soiled diaper emoji. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

So what is the plan to fix it here? Keep everything the same and hope the Broncos decide to not run the ball?

Yeah, I don't think we can handle another game like yesterday's where the Bengals averaged about 2.5 yrds/carry for a whopping 54 yards on the night.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, JohnnyBuffalo said:

That was a heck of timed punch out!    Yeah I was angry with Kincaid there.   Have to have big picture awareness and have both arms over that ball.  5 extra yards there isn’t enough to risk injury and possession!

Tough way to be reminded of both.  

It was a lucky break for Cinci, to be there with the punch at just the right time.  But when you're flying through the air instinct says one arm is going to move out to save yourself a little on the landing.  I haven't watched the replay but I think that was what happened.  All in all I'm still happy that Kincaid looks like a bright spot for our future.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

9 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I agree, and please I meant no disrespect to you and if you took it that way I do apologize. 

Here’s the very weird other thing, Joe…I don’t know how frustrated I am in general as much as I have…how do I put this…relegated myself to the fact that in my lifetime I may not get to see what I always wanted to see from this team as my days are getting shorter and shorter.  I’m closer to the end than I am to the beginning and I can live with this disappointment due to perspective in life and enjoying so many other things I have in it.

…it’s just having seen this for so long and thinking in recent years “one or two more things and we’re there, or at least we are back” only to realize…maybe we’re not.

Hell, though…it is the journey and not the destination, right?!

Go Bills.

Hey, at least we're not J-E-T-S fans!  how many times ha the post "How the f did we lose to them" get posted tonight.?  Jax a couple years ago and Jets this year.  I get it....

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

The worst part.

That’s the worst part. 

So what exactly was the worst part?

• Haha (+1) 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
12 hours ago, Georgia Bill said:

It was a lucky break for Cinci, to be there with the punch at just the right time.  But when you're flying through the air instinct says one arm is going to move out to save yourself a little on the landing.  I haven't watched the replay but I think that was what happened.  All in all I'm still happy that Kincaid looks like a bright spot for our future.

Oh definitely a right spot right time play for the d man but he capitalized.   I have always believed luck is when preparation meets opportunity.   But yes lucky!   
Honestly my first thought at seeing him start to jump was “dude don’t get hurt” immediately replaced with “oh shoot he fumbled”.    Given all that has gone wrong protecting the ball and themselves with smart football moves needs to be drilled home.   I totally get why they went into hero move mode though.  

I wonder if desperation isn’t more prevalent on this team day in and day out now.   Which is too bad.   They need to be confident in who they are and what they are doing.   

Hopefully Kincaid doesn’t think about that play too much and continues on his path to greatness.  

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Yes and no, for me.

Hes always been this guy that just makes the boneheaded plays. He’s just also always been able to make up for them.

In this twighlight zone offense, there just isn’t room for it because of how they play. 

That Was my usual take. And I love the Josh.

But those sideline shots of him this season keep showing a sullen , detached Leader. I think he lost the faith

in , and of , the process

20 hours ago, Chaos said:

This post is why we need a soiled diaper emoji. 

Oh we need plenty more emojis 😋

Could be on previous page or thread but what was consensus and grading of Joseph and Douglas first game? To me Joseph looked impressive and was that stop gap in the middle, made a big play. Douglas I know he gave up a couple catches (Higgins if I recall?) but the coverage looked good. Didn’t appear to be one those 8 yards in space making the tackle. Looked like he was right there to defend the play and credit Higgins for making the play. Overall with short time with team I feel good looking ahead 

What  were others thoughts or actual ratings and grades for new fellas? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.