Bills @ Bengals postgame thread

Simon

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Then I say enjoy the mediocre future. Because that's what's on the horizon. I'll say the bills win 8 this year. Then the rationale will be "oh the injuries." So they'll bring McDermott and beane back. Then they'll probably draft a CB and Safety in the first couple rounds and we'll start all over with another 8-9 win season next year.

That's not unrealistic 

You really think the solution to the current malaise is trade Josh?

7 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Josh Allen’s Int and Kinkaids fumble was the difference in the game. Win the turnover battle and we probably win that game 

No way; stop kidding yourself.  The Bengals would have just put up more points. Their receivers were running WIDE OPEN all night, and Burrow was like a surgeon out there when there was some close coverage. He's smart too, as I believe he torched the Bills D every single time they blitzed.

8 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I'm finally just done with McD, that challenge was completely idiotic from every angle you can look at it. It was a 9 yard incompletion, not a 45 yard play. He quite literally burned a timeout for an attempt at getting 9 ***** yards!

It feels like the offense has a firm leash on it and it has greatly impacted Allen's throwing. He has a shoulder ailment so why are we attempting to have him go long constantly. 

Davis should never do any option routes; he is literally horrid at them. He and Allen never guess right and it shows up far too often. 

It feels like the entire offensive game plan is to eat clock, and hope to generate steady drives while simultaneously telling Allen he must play like Brady in the pocket. Then we fall behind and they suddenly yell, Allen save us!

Our defense is cursed in regards to injuries.

We open the game uptempo with quick hitters spreading the ball a la Brady and move down the field & score effortlessly.

What happens with Dorsey and Mc 👏 on ensuing drives? Completely abandoned what worked.  Brady made a living of that type of offense.  I’m out, the staff needs to go, I’m sure the players see it as well!

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

You really think the solution to the current malaise is trade Josh?

I never, ever, EVER want to go back to another extended stretch of near .500 football, no matter what it takes. I want this team to either be excellent, or dreadful.

3 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

y'all are spoiled.  live thru a few 3-13 seasons and many no Playoff hope years.  Not the case now....

Don’t tell an old man how to make babies. 

I was there…THERE during OJ’s 2000 yard season.

Also anyone who knows anything as a Bills fan knows it’s lightweight arguments to be bringing up 3-13, when many of us have have been in the stands for 2-14 years and 1 win seasons.

The Vikes M.O. lately and in some years past is “really good but not there or can’t get there.”

We are three years removed from just appearing in the AFC Championship, less than a year after only the second home playoff loss in Orchard Park history against a team that we have no answers for, in the dying light of one of the great safety tandems in league history and maybe down to a year with a future hall of famer at WR and let alone an all world QB and we are further away now than we were at the start of this decade with EVERYBODY else in the conference seemingly getting better other than the Pats.

If being spoiled is being around for more than half a century and no Super Bowls, and 30 years since we’ve even been to one, then I’ll wear the crown easily because I want more than what we have right now and are projecting to be as opposed to wearing the title of Seth Settleman…which…well, obviously others have no problem with that moniker.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I never, ever, EVER want to go back to another extended stretch of near .500 football, no matter what it takes. I want this team to either be excellent, or dreadful.

You’ll be wishing for 500 over the remainder of this schedule. I’ll think you’ll see the “dreadful” wish.

Edited by PayDaBill$

I appreciate the job McDermott has done over the years for the Bills. After a parade of punchlines at the HC position we have had, Sean has provided professionalism and consistency for a long time. He is a good human being. Last year with all the turmoil off the field and behind the scenes he did a phenomenal job keeping it together and producing a lot of wins in what easily could have been a lost season. He deserves our appreciation for what he has given to this town and this team.

That being said, there needs to be an overhaul on the staff this off-season. This team for too often looks just flat out unmotivated and unprepared. It feels like, to me, there is a disconnect between coaches and the players. They aren't on the same page. The message is being lost. 

New leadership really is needed. Someone who can light a fire. This roster and especially the offense has far too much talent to lose to teams like the Patriots and a Rodgers less Jets team. Sean McDermott is a good football coach. But you should never let being good get in the way of being great.

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Not the first game I have read sentiments similar to this regarding Mr. Brown.  If I am he, I am buying a GPS with the good directions package.

The Bills can't field a modern offense if we have to keep our 83 year old RB2 in to assist Brown on every play lest Allen get his head taken off.  Who is behind Brown?  He can't possibly be worse

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.