Dawson Knox on his decision to get surgery

BillsFan619

I think Knox coming back after the bye makes sense. Also if Kincaid and Shakir continue to play well Knox will come back as a 5th passing attack option which will be exactly where he needs to be. If I am Dorsey given Knox's blocking ability I would be dialing up plays for him as a fullback 5-10 snaps a game and try to have him play like Kyle Juszczyk in San Francisco and have some passing options out of the backfield. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Everything happened in London. Wish we could go back in time and have a do over on that game. 

yeah what a disaster that whole trip/game was. 

to be Goodell's little experiment (Jags get rest, Bills don't , etc)  and play on some crap overlay field when an amazing grass field is right below it is altogether just bad.  I get that 300lbs guys will tear the soccer grass up, but too f in g bad, you want the game , you rebuild your precious soccer field afterwards

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

to be Goodell's little experiment (Jags get rest, Bills don't , etc)  and play on some crap overlay field when an amazing grass field is right below it is altogether just bad.  I get that 300lbs guys will tear the soccer grass up, but too f in g bad, you want the game , you rebuild your precious soccer field afterwards

Yeah that is so utterly trash and disrespectful to the players.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Everything happened in London. Wish we could go back in time and have a do over on that game. 

Truly.

Given that we played a stinker of a game and lost anyway, I'd rather we had just forfeited the damn thing in protest of the various ridiculous circumstances. At least we'd still have Milano, Jones, and Knox, and could give a nice middle finger to the NFL.

(Yes, I realize that refusing to play an NFL game and forfeiting in advance is not realistic. I'm just saying...f*ck injuries and f*ck the NFL's greed)

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

I give him credit for trying to gut it out. Couldn't have been easy and shows his character. However, in his absence Kincaid has kind of broke out and it would be a shame if Knox's return stunted that. I'm all for having as many weapons as possible, but I'm ok with Knox taking his time to come back as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I love the guy. But Kincaid has quickly become our TE1. Why? Because he catches EVERYTHING, regardless of semi-inaccurate passes. Dawson? Not so much, no. It maaaay be coincidence, but Knox’s absence allows everybody to save face when he returns, that he’s lost the starting job while still being a core player.

Edited by Chandler#81
To correct the DK
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well that's true, the Bills returned to the US in a very diminished state.  But neither Milano's injury nor Jones' injury was due to the crap field.  Milano got caught up in a big pile and his leg got broken from someone landing on it.  Jones tore a pectoral muscle which had nothing to do with the turf.  That said, the principle of the matter, that the NFL teams have to play on a crap artificial field when a grass field was right there, is correct.  Players COULD have had crushing, career-ending injuries due to the cheapness of the NFL and the stadium. 

The bigger problem in that game was that schedule, that the Jags stayed over while the Bills showed up a couple of days before the game and were still pretty wobbly.  The incredible offense of the previous three games just couldn't get going. Partly because, as later games have revealed, the Jags have a very good defense.  

14 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I love the guy. But Kincaid has quickly become our TE1. Why? Because he catches EVERYTHING, regardless of semi-inaccurate passes. Dalton? Not so much, no. It maaaay be coincidence, but Knox’s absence allows everybody to save face when returns, that he’s lost the starting job while still being a core player.

Did you mean Dawson or Dalton?

Edited by Utah John
  • Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Well that's true, the Bills returned to the US in a very diminished state.  But neither Milano's injury nor Jones' injury was due to the crap field.  Milano got caught up in a big pile and his leg got broken from someone landing on it.  Jones tore a pectoral muscle which had nothing to do with the turf.  That said, the principle of the matter, that the NFL teams have to play on a crap artificial field when a grass field was right there, is correct.  Players COULD have had crushing, career-ending injuries due to the cheapness of the NFL and the stadium. 

The bigger problem in that game was that schedule, that the Jags stayed over while the Bills showed up a couple of days before the game and were still pretty wobbly.  The incredible offense of the previous three games just couldn't get going. Partly because, as later games have revealed, the Jags have a very good defense.  

Did you mean Dawson or Dalton?

Ha! Yes, dyslexic TEs..🤷‍♂️ Thanks.

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

Exactly. I mean, look at the tee box at the end one round in a championship golf tournament. Within days, you can't even see any divots and grass is growing again. Turf management isn't rocket science. The NFL should demand an immediate change on this policy. And allowing one team to be in London for two consecutive games in BS. What the hell?

• Like (+1) 1

The London game was a disaster on every level, season changing injuries, a conference loss to a weaker opponent, a momentum killer for the coaches and players alike. I wish we could have just refused to play this game and never do another one.

We're fortunate to have 2 really good TE's, with 2 very different skillsets.  Kincaid is certainly a better pass catcher and offensive threat, but Knox is a good blocker, and is a tough runner & YAC guy whenever he gets the ball.

We'll have great depth in that unit when he gets back.  And just imagine if Jones or Milano (or both) can make it back, also.  We may end the season better off than when we started.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Success said:

We're fortunate to have 2 really good TE's, with 2 very different skillsets.  Kincaid is certainly a better pass catcher and offensive threat, but Knox is a good blocker, and is a tough runner & YAC guy whenever he gets the ball.

We'll have great depth in that unit when he gets back.  And just imagine if Jones or Milano (or both) can make it back, also.  We may end the season better off than when we started.

DK1 and DK2 are not the same guy.  Knox is a muscular, tough player who has once or twice completely steamrolled a defender.  Kincaid is a slimmer, streamlined guy who wins by quickness and smarts.  It will be so good to get them both on the field game after game, year after year, once our offensive coordinator figures out how to use them at the same time.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Truly.

Given that we played a stinker of a game and lost anyway, I'd rather we had just forfeited the damn thing in protest of the various ridiculous circumstances. At least we'd still have Milano, Jones, and Knox, and could give a nice middle finger to the NFL.

(Yes, I realize that refusing to play an NFL game and forfeiting in advance is not realistic. I'm just saying...f*ck injuries and f*ck the NFL's greed)

Can't disagree with the sentiment even if I think we have to acknowledge that our owner had to have had a hand in allowing that decision.

• Like (+1) 1

For the last time people, teams are required to play an international game every 8 years. Teams can play more if they want to, but 8 years is the biggest allowed gap between international games. The Bills waited as long as they could. And if they add two more games in Spain, that will probably drop to 6 years. Also, the Bills were the only team to sustain significant injuries on that crap turf in London. It was really just bad luck. Milano's injury was caused by getting rolled up on and Jones' was a pec injury. The turf and/or the travel played no role in either. 

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

For the last time people, teams are required to play an international game every 8 years. Teams can play more if they want to, but 8 years is the biggest allowed gap between international games. The Bills waited as long as they could. And if they add two more games in Spain, that will probably drop to 6 years. Also, the Bills were the only team to sustain significant injuries on that crap turf in London. It was really just bad luck. Milano's injury was caused by getting rolled up on and Jones' was a pec injury. The turf and/or the travel played no role in either. 

You don’t seem to have a grasp at all of the unique situation the Bills were put in by the NFL. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Logic said:

Truly.

Yeah between re-paying the network and the sponsors and Jaguars and stadium owners etc.. for their costs and lost revenue and the incredibly punitive fines that would be about $100M check for Pegula plus a loss of a bunch of draft picks, cap room etc..   

After trying to play through it Knox says "it was best decision for me and for the team to get it fixed and knowing that in a few weeks I'll be fully back without it lingering or anything." Which in essence means - 'I'll be back fully so I can return to offering nothing remotely usefull to the offense to help the Bills in any way". Before the Miller signing, Knox was the worst contract in the Beane era. Image what the Bills could be doing contract wise if neither were signed. Both have done nothing but talk.    

• Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Success said:

Both Kincaid and Knox have 4.2 YAC/reception

Knox can block though

20 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

It was an L before we ever played it. Unreal, all of it. Taking it. Giving up a home game. Going there and having players pull all nighters. Agreeing to play a team already parked there for the week. Agreeing to a 9am ET game, could've done a 1p ET and given the players a small chance at normalcy.

Anyone responsible should be fired

39 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Both Kincaid and Knox have 4.2 YAC/reception

Knox can block though

Knox has brick hands. Also Kink was relegated to 3yd comebacks to start the year, and the rookie is just getting rolling.

One 4.2 is not like the other

• Like (+1) 3

On 11/3/2023 at 1:38 AM, JayBaller10 said:

Not to wish ill on anyone. But today is Germany KC Fins “ hybrid surface was installed last weekend”

10 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Giving up a home game. Going there and having players pull all nighters. Agreeing to play a team already parked there for the week. Agreeing to a 9am ET game, could've done a 1p E

At some point Mgt has to get balls and say “no”

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.