Chase Young to SF for third round pick

Process

11 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I don't care what anyone says....  WHY DIDNT WE DO THIS 

I felt the same way after the McCaffrey trade.  

The Niners are in salary cap heaven, at only about $160M vs the $196M cap.  They have only 3 players (Bosa, Armstead, T. Willams) at over $10M and their starting QB is making $890K.

Turned out to be no Montez Sweat, anyway. 

The most interesting thing about Chase is that I still, for some reason, have him ranked ahead of AJ from that draft. Mainly just pedigree hangover. That draft was a wasteland of DE talent - Marlon Davidson, K’Lavon Chaisson, Gross-Matos, etc. All drafted before AJ and all graveyard nonsense. AJ is clearly 2nd to Young, which makes him a genius Beane era pick considering he went 6th among those DEs. If Chase flames out and AJ flexes 12 sacks this year, it’s a notch of more Beane genius.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

Fire-sale in Chi TOWN!

McLaurin or bust BEANER!

For real, if they were giving up Young for a 3rd, how much would McLaurin have cost?

12 hours ago, wppete said:

Unbelievable. 49ers are basically an all star team. 

And they've lost 3 in a row.

14 hours ago, somnus00 said:

Agreed. That line was stacked. He hasn't lived up to his draft position apart from a few moments of good play. 

Actually he has been very productive when healthy. His issue is he is constantly hurt. He won DROY And been injured the next two years and this year he has 6.5 sacks I believe.. so it’s all about health.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nelius said:

Turned out to be no Montez Sweat, anyway. 

The most interesting thing about Chase is that I still, for some reason, have him ranked ahead of AJ from that draft. Mainly just pedigree hangover. That draft was a wasteland of DE talent - Marlon Davidson, K’Lavon Chaisson, Gross-Matos, etc. All drafted before AJ and all graveyard nonsense. AJ is clearly 2nd to Young, which makes him a genius Beane era pick considering he went 6th among those DEs. If Chase flames out and AJ flexes 12 sacks this year, it’s a notch of more Beane genius.

that's a very interesting post and quite against the narrative (which i felt was true) that aje was a bad pick.

for value purposes, he was a really good pick, but didn't come on as early as we'd like, and who knows if we can resign him?

15 hours ago, BBFL said:

Unbelievable that they get him for a 3rd while we grab a CB that has spotty play for the same…

We didn’t get Douglas for a 3rd. That wasn’t the deal. 

If you’re worried about his “spotty play” then be worried about Young not being active for 24 games lol 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.