Chase Young to SF for third round pick

Process

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah- they’ve gotten 6 3rd round picks for Saleh, McDaniel and Ryans

Correct. It’s how they swindled the Panthers out of CMC too. Lynch is a MASTER GM that works the comp formula and swings big all year long. They’re not done yet this year either. They’ll make another move soon. 

1 minute ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Correct. It’s how they swindled the Panthers out of CMC too. Lynch is a MASTER GM that works the comp formula and swings big all year long. They’re not done yet this year either. They’ll make another move soon. 

He does this because he’s the only GM to get 6 free 3rd rd picks

I really would have been in on this.  When the most important time of the season comes you will want all the pass rush you can get.  Yes I know he needs a deal and they have a lot of ends.  This guy's potential is unlike anyone else's on this team.

2 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

I hear ya. Not saying they hire minority candidates just to get the comp picks back but it’s working like that for them. If Wilks works out then they’ll haul more in. Not looking likely but still. 

Yeah they did well in those regards.  They should continue.  I don’t think wilks will work out though.  If they don’t win the SB this year, I think they may even replace him

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Comp picks are tradeable. 

Right, after you've received them. 

This is talking about a PROJECTED comp pick. We're projected to get a 3rd rounder for Edmunds, but.. we don't have it yet. How can you trade it away before you've been awarded one? 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I don't care what anyone says....  WHY DIDNT WE DO THIS 

Because we have Greg Rousseau, Miller, Floyd, Apenesa and Lawson. Adding another DE would be the equivalent of us adding another high priced RB to go with Cook, Fournette and Murray. DE isn’t a weakness for us right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lynch putting an absolute master class. Had a free comp pick, dealt it for chase young. If he leaves after this offseason to sign a big deal elsewhere, he gets a 3rd round comp pick back. Easy money, no risk. 

Don’t forget him fleecing Dallas for their 4th rounder to take lance off their hands. He still has a 1, 2, 2 more 3rd comp picks, a 4th, 2 5ths, 3 6s, and a 7th. 

All I’m saying is, lynch isn’t done yet. There will be another deal done soon. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, streetkings01 said:

Because we have Greg Rousseau, Miller, Floyd, Apenesa and Lawson. Adding another DE would be the equivalent of us adding another high priced RB to go with Cook, Fournette and Murray. DE isn’t a weakness for us right now.

Bingo.

People just want a move for a move's sake.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Giving a team draft picks based on the ethnicity of coaches being hired by another team is  ABSURDLY RIDICULOUS.

If ownership had given coaches of color a fair shake all along this compensatory system would never have come about. So tough.

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Young is a potential cornerstone defensive player that this defense could build around for the next decade.  Very different from everyone in that group apart from Von who is way past his prime.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I really would have been in on this.  When the most important time of the season comes you will want all the pass rush you can get.  Yes I know he needs a deal and they have a lot of ends.  This guy's potential is unlike anyone else's on this team.

Young has 14 career sacks and is injury prone.  His potential is pretty much spent at this point.

1 minute ago, Perry Turtle said:

Young has 14 career sacks and is injury prone.  His potential is pretty much spent at this point.

Possibly but if he can stay healthy in a rotation he could have a huge impact in SF just like he could have had in Buffalo in the same situation.

3 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Then why didn’t we do that when Allen was making Peanuts???

Because two of his years were wasted from a contention standpoint on his development. No need to go all in for the '18 or '19 season. That's the problem with taking a project at QB. By the time that we knew that he was the guy, it was time to pay him. BTW, this is the same problem that the Bills are facing with AJ.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.