Week 8 - Around the NFL (i.e. NOT a Bills thread please)

aristocrat

31 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Cocoa and cinnamon. The stuff is pretty exotic. If you ever find yourself in Cincinnati, try Camp Washington Chili. It is the best version. 

All I can say is that over the years a lot of Bills fans from Rochester & Buffalo visit me down here in Cincy and they ALL love Cincinnati chili.  The stuff is addictive and a great meal.  The taste is exotic.

9 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Man, Chicago have to start throwing…

Surely…?

They could, but I think this QB has a weaker arm than Max Jones. 

And they just showed mister Edmunds on the bike after a bad looking injury. 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is a good chance for me to let people know that I will always post anything I hear. If I see your request for more info and don't respond it's not because I don't see your request, it's because responding to all of them would clog up the board. Just know that if I have info I will always post it in a relevant thread.

lighten up Francis.  second post today.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, 947 said:

I was in Cincy over the summer & had chili at Skyline twice, it's actually good stuff. I bought some canned skyline chili to bring home, still have a couple in my pantry.

We lived in Cincinnati for 8 years.  Love Skyline.  You just can't think of it as chili.  Their hot sauce is awesome. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hawaii50 said:

We lived in Cincinnati for 8 years.  Love Skyline.  You just can't think of it as chili.  Their hot sauce is awesome. 

Skyline Chili isn’t… Chili?!

I’m intrigued. What do we think of it as? Meaty liquid???

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

All I can say is that over the years a lot of Bills fans from Rochester & Buffalo visit me down here in Cincy and they ALL love Cincinnati chili.  The stuff is addictive and a great meal.  The taste is exotic.

It basically tastes like Rochester's meat sauce. The stuff they put on garbage plates. It's very similar. I just can't eat it on pasta, lol. Have you ever had a garbage plate? 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Does NFL Network run any content on Sunday nights, or just commercials?  I’ve been checking constantly over the past 45 minutes and as far as I can tell, they run only ads while the Sunday night game is on.  What a joke.

They prolly can't show any highlights while the game is still in progress. But wtf do I know? 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

It basically tastes like Rochester's meat sauce. The stuff they put on garbage plates. It's very similar. I just can't eat it on pasta, lol. Have you ever had a garbage plate? 

You are on to something. The stuff is hotdog sauce made by Greeks and served on spaghetti. Garbage plates are also Greek-american food.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Chili. You know chili. 

No!!! I know meat hot sauce God dammit!!! Get it straight, lol. The only Chili I know is made by Hormel.

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

You are on to something. The stuff is hotdog sauce made by Greeks and served on spaghetti. Garbage plates are also Greek-american food.

It's a totally Greek thing. Nick Tahou ain't from America, lol. 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Anyone think Tremaine is sitting wishing that bike ride was taking him back to Buffalo…?

With the $ he’s making?  Why would he? Seems the consensus here is that we suck and aren’t going to make the playoffs anyway. So, again, why would he? 

• Haha (+1) 1

When is Matt Eberfrustated gonna get canned? Running the ball with 9 mins left down by 23. And I hope mister Travis Bagent enjoyed watching his sons first and most likely last game in the NFL. He is beyond bad.

1 minute ago, benderbender said:

consider-them.gif

Consider them "skid marked" after this one.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

When is Matt Eberfrustated gonna get canned? Running the ball with 9 mins left down by 23. And I hope mister Travis Bagent enjoyed watching his sons first and most likely last game in the NFL. He is beyond bad.

Consider them "skid marked" after this one.

This appearance from the Bears is skid mark-esque. 

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is a good chance for me to let people know that I will always post anything I hear. If I see your request for more info and don't respond it's not because I don't see your request, it's because responding to all of them would clog up the board. Just know that if I have info I will always post it in a relevant thread.

Guilty, sorry to spam. Hard to follow individual posters sometimes is all, even with notifications, a lot of content on this board every day

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

The concussion protocol is disgusting. It seems like it was only created to give the allusion that someone cares. I had more respect for the old days when they blatantly didn’t care, at least it wasn’t a lie. I’ve seen way too many players looking a bit out of it after going to the tent, and then we had the whole Tua situation last season. 

Elusion, silly.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Cinci hitting all strides. I don't see a lot of paths on how the Bills win.

This is a bad match up for the Bills. 

4 hours ago, BBFL said:

So if we lose next week do they still remain a “crap” team?

Their passing game is pretty anemic. If we lose to them, it will be embarrassing. The Chiefs somehow turned it over 5 times today. 

If they even had just 2 or 3 turnovers, as opposed to 5, I don't think the Broncos win.

5 turnovers from a great offensive team is an anomaly.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

Josh Allen is gonna take a huge Skyline Chili dump on Burrow next week. Mark it down. 

Did you see last year's games vs Cincinnati? 

The Bills have lost 3 stars and or studs on defense. 

There are really only a few paths to a Bills victory. Sure it could happen but it sure seems more unlikely than likely. 

What do you see that's different this year? What makes you think the Bills will win? 

• Agree 1

So SNF has released their Winner's Club pic for this week, with Herbert joining:

I notice each player has some kind of prop which represents him or the team:

Jason and Travis Kelce: headphones and microphones for their podcast

Juston Herbert: an Oregon duck and picture with "Bolt Up"

Tua: the Alabama mascot

Josh: a cowboy hat representing his college team

CMC: holding candy bowls in his team colors

TJ Watt: a Terrible Towel

But I don't see anything for Dak Prescott. Am I missing it?

Also, why is Tua tossing the football with his right hand?

EDIT: Ok, problem:

The Cowboy hat is already there from Week 1, representing Dak Prescott, not Josh. So, Josh has no prop now, right?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxUW7Qftj-K/

EDIT 2:

I see Travis Kelce does not have any prop either from the pic before the Eagles won (when he was joined by Jason):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CycfTT0NIqI/

So, I guess there isn't supposed to be any rhyme or reason to SNF's reasoning.

Edited by chongli

21 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Did you see last year's games vs Cincinnati? 

The Bills have lost 3 stars and or studs on defense. 

There are really only a few paths to a Bills victory. Sure it could happen but it sure seems more unlikely than likely. 

What do you see that's different this year? What makes you think the Bills will win? 

Cincy isn’t the same team as last year either…they lost Jessie bates who was a huge piece on defense 

SF isn’t much of an offense without Deebo… I don’t think there’s much we can extrapolate out of the bengals win over SF on the defensive side.  Our oline is improved from last year also,  it’s really delayed blitzes/mixing up responsibilities that has been killing us which I think will get sorted over time.  Last year saffold and brown just got dominated pretty much all season long.  

we’re better at running the football than last season as well.

We’ve got extra time to prepare also.  I think it’s gonna be a coin flip type game 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Cincy isn’t the same team as last year either…they lost Jessie bates who was a huge piece on defense 

SF isn’t much of an offense without Deebo… I don’t think there’s much we can extrapolate out of the bengals win over SF on the defensive side.  Our oline is improved from last year also,  it’s really delayed blitzes/mixing up responsibilities that has been killing us which I think will get sorted over time.  Last year saffold and brown just got dominated pretty much all season long.  

we’re better at running the football than last season as well.

We’ve got extra time to prepare also.  I think it’s gonna be a coin flip type game 

I don't think so. I think the Bengals are hitting their best stride. They have weapons on offense and the depleted Bills D just can't match up well. I don't see a realistic path where the Bills D can contain Burrow. 

The home field is also a very big factor as well. 

On offense, I was very encouraged very encouraged with what I saw vs Tampa. The versitlity of the offense was eye opening. The use of RPOs and Josh's legs was a welcomed site. However, this really a one game sample against a pass funnel defense. 

Spencer Brown is still a major concern and don't think Lou A won't take full advantage of that. 

The Bills pass rush has to be effective. The front four has to get pressure on Burrow. McD has used the blitz to manufacture lots of pressure. That's just a recipe for disaster vs Burrow. 

Also, the significance of the Cinci run game has to be addressed. With DJones the run D isn't the same. Olivers return is very helpful and Poona even made some plays. Settle and Philips are not dependable. Cinci ran all over the Bills in that playoff game. Frankly, their offense did whatever they wanted. Run or pass pass or run. Pick your poison. The Bills had absolutely no answers . Zero answers zero replies zero ability to slow the offensive of the Bengals. Frankly, I don't see a logical path on how the Bills stop them again. 

The Bills offense is going to have to score 35 points or more. Allen is going to have to wear his cape and almost be flawless. He will be running for his life because Lou A is dialing up exotic looks and pressures. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.