Bills vs Tampa Bay. On to Week 8

BuffaloBillyG

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

If Josh Norman suits up for the Bills, Sean McDermott will lose all faith I've EVER had in him!! 

You mean that YOU will lose all faith in McDermott. He’s not losing any faith , just saying. 

6 hours ago, Lost said:

I'm really not ready to give up on Elam although clearly McDermott is.   He didn't have a bad rookie season.   How is it possible that he has regressed so much over the course of a year?   None of it makes any sense.

It happens . Some guys just never really get it. Some need a different system , change of scenery etc. Lots of talented players have turned out to be busts over the years. It’s not an uncommon story by any stretch. Time to move on: the guy doesn’t look good when he’s called upon to play. 

• Haha (+1) 1

How is anyone picking bills. This is a BAD matchup for bills. vita vea will play. they WILL bully our line - he will blow up morse. and their LBs are beasts. Gonna blitz and confuse josh. Their corners are good. I think in a lot of ways they are better than the jets. 

On D. woof. dont know what to tell you guys. they are going to drop fades / jump balls to evans. and godwin will eat for first downs. Benford and Dane are great positionally. But they get beat over the top a bunch and they simply cant make plays on the ball. Further. We are weak in the flats and underneath. and Baker is good enough to feel comfortable taking those easy passes. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

If Sean McDermott tells Dorsey again to slow down his offense and milk the clock so McDermott's defense can rest🤗..Bills will lose another close game. But if Sean McDermott decides to just let Dorsey call plays for Allen to be elite, then Bills will blow the Tampa Bay Yuccaneers to kingdom come.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, balln said:

How is anyone picking bills. This is a BAD matchup for bills. vita vea will play. they WILL bully our line - he will blow up morse. and their LBs are beasts. Gonna blitz and confuse josh. Their corners are good. I think in a lot of ways they are better than the jets. 

Probably because the TB offense is lame AF. Rachaad White is putting up nearly 3.0 ypc. Despite first ballot HOF forever Mike Evans (always been a fan), they've really got nothing.

To add, their defense is 27th against the run. Tampa Bay is nothing special. I get that the Giants and Patriots are also nothing special, but contrarians need to pull themselves back from riding Baker Mayfield into some gambling sunlight tomorrow. He's not very good and the Bucs aren't very good. There's a reason oracle Vegas has us heavily favored.

2 hours ago, balln said:

On D. woof. dont know what to tell you guys. they are going to drop fades / jump balls to evans. and godwin will eat for first downs. Benford and Dane are great positionally. But they get beat over the top a bunch and they simply cant make plays on the ball. Further. We are weak in the flats and underneath. and Baker is good enough to feel comfortable taking those easy passes. 

can’t really disagree much and not saying this will happen, especially on a short week, but this is the type of game the Bills blow other team out. Right about when they have played so bad they have a lot of doubters lol. 

2 hours ago, balln said:

Short week at home…lot of important bucs probably playing banged up. Bucs are at a big disadvantage before you even get to the X’s and O’s.  Spread has actually gotten bigger in buffalo’s favor 

this feels like one of those games where people are gonna overthink it betting wise and end up being very wrong to me lol even with the offense gettin roughed up we have still been a little bit better execution on 1-2 plays away from winning all our games

4 hours ago, Nelius said:

Probably because the TB offense is lame AF. Rachaad White is putting up nearly 3.0 ypc. Despite first ballot HOF forever Mike Evans (always been a fan), they've really got nothing.

To add, their defense is 27th against the run. Tampa Bay is nothing special. I get that the Giants and Patriots are also nothing special, but contrarians need to pull themselves back from riding Baker Mayfield into some gambling sunlight tomorrow. He's not very good and the Bucs aren't very good. There's a reason oracle Vegas has us heavily favored.

I heard this song the past three weeks.   I still can't quite catch the tune.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Nelius said:

Very logical argument. But Mayfield is better than Jones. The Pats also were not able to run well before last week. They also passed the ball rather well as well and they do not have a Mike Evans type anywhere on the team. That said I already said I believe the Bills win.. I think a close one but a win none the less. 

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

A gust of wind approximately 10 to 20 yards in front of the goalpost flags wouldn't impact them.  It was a tough break.

I remember thinking the Pats were using magnets in the ball to push it. Some type of force took that ball. I guess ill call it the wind in gilette.🤔

13 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I imagine the rumor about an Isabella call up is likely do to the idea that we will be in much more 11 personnel tomorrow.

That being said, I’m pretty confident Harty Sherfield and Shakir will dominate the snaps at WR3.

I don’t see any need for his activation, other than pure speculation. 

He'd likely be an upgrade at KR and PR for starters.    We could also use his speed on offense.  Harty is quick, but no one is actually fast 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

For the Love of EVERYTHING....  Please encourage him to and let Josh play football.

Let the DAWG off his leash
Let the LION out of the den
Let the BUFFALO stampede out of the pocket.

Start the game with multiple designed Allen runs

Defenses right now are believing based on film that Josh is no longer a threat to take off

LB's and DB's are confident they can stay in coverage. 

We've willingly taken away our own competitive advantage and the result is the current funk/slump by the offense 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

42 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He'd likely be an upgrade at KR and PR for starters.    We could also use his speed on offense.  Harty is quick, but no one is actually fast 

He’d be an upgrade based on what?

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

For the Love of EVERYTHING....  Please encourage him to and let Josh play football.

Let the DAWG off his leash
Let the LION out of the den
Let the BUFFALO stampede out of the pocket.

Start the game with multiple designed Allen runs

Defenses right now are believing based on film that Josh is no longer a threat to take off

LB's and DB's are confident they can stay in coverage. 

We've willingly taken away our own competitive advantage and the result is the current funk/slump by the offense 

Start the game with multiple designed Josh allen runs……. 

good lord.  

I get that Josh should run more…..but calm down

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’d be an upgrade based on what?

Start the game with multiple designed Josh allen runs……. 

good lord.  

I get that Josh should run more…..but calm down

Personally, I don't care to see any non-red zone Josh Allen runs.  

All we want is for him to scramble like a normal athletic QB.   Mahomes doesn't have designed QB sweeps/draws, but he runs all over the place in games.  Josh Allen has been turned into a dude who think the LOS is made of lava. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Personally, I don't care to see any non-red zone Josh Allen runs.  

All we want is for him to scramble like a normal athletic QB.   Mahomes doesn't have designed QB sweeps/draws, but he runs all over the place in games.  Josh Allen has been turned into a dude who think the LOS is made of lava. 

The difference is Josh looses his mind when he scrambles.  Mahomes seems to rarely get hit, to the point of ridiculousness.  Scampering all around and then just ducks out of bounds or slides.  Josh on the other hand Turns into Jerome Bettis to the point where teammates and coaches are actually trying to pay him to slide...

• Agree 1

I swear, I haven't felt this way in years - where I just had NO idea what to expect from the team.  Could be a huge blowout, could be a nailbiter, could be another bad loss.

I'm going w/ huge blowout, though. I think they get back on track tonight, Beane makes some trades before deadline, and we win most of our games the rest of the way.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Success said:

I swear, I haven't felt this way in years - where I just had NO idea what to expect from the team.  Could be a huge blowout, could be a nailbiter, could be another bad loss.

I'm going w/ huge blowout, though. I think they get back on track tonight, Beane makes some trades before deadline, and we win most of our games the rest of the way.

Agreed

Inconsistent offense.

Injured defense.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Win this one and Pats beat the Fins, we're back in first, our rightful spot.

LFG!!!

Doubt this happens. Also Go Giants. I don't think that game will go our way either. Win tonight or looking at the real possibility of 3rd place in the division on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The guy's a 4.31.  4.31!!  That's not just fast, it's up there with the league's fastest.  He played well in pre-season, so what am I missing here?  Seems like on a team with mediocre team speed that giving him a shot is a no brainer.

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.