Never thought I’d say this. Sean McDermott is a stupid coach.

Beast

6 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

So...not a whole lot of love for the HC on this message board..fair enough..some of the play calling and game management has been horrendous. 

But can anyone show me any precedent for an Owner/GM firing a coach mid season thats 5-3 after sustaining the injuries that have put many of your key players out for the season?

If the team continues to collapse as the season goes on and ends abruptly, a firing is a possibility..but ANY chance of McDermott being fired now are somewhere between slim to none.

That’s the problem.

McDermott is never going to be bad enough to be fired.

But I fear he will also never be good enough to win us (or even get us to) a Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

Analytics says you go for it in every case.  4th and 5 or less, josh convert 60%+.  He needs to quit being a conservative p*ssy -it allowed tb to stay in the game,  That plus mcdermott;s lack of time management bugs the fck out of me

No, the analytics today actually said punt. 

Just now, BuffBillsForLife said:

McD won't be fired this season even if they completely implode and lose every game for the rest of the year.  It would take multiple seasons of utter disaster.

Enjoy Marvin Lewis 2.0 for the next 10 years.

I will enjoy the best point differential of any team over the last 4 years and competing for the championship every year yes 

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Also reminder that we had pinned them deep every single punt, so I’m really ok with them punting on the 4th and 5 and the last punt 

The second punt on 4th and 2 was ultra weak.  Most coaches go for it there.  We had momentum on our side and likely get it.  Another score and the game was over.  

We should have won this game by 3 TD's.  Offense was killing it up and down the field.  The play call on 3rd and goal at the half yard line was terrible.  The two 4th down penalties on the illegal contact and face mask were bad.  Johnson is a good player.  But he can be exploited because of his size.  

Overall a real good game by both offense and defense.  Coaching is the weak link on the team.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

So...not a whole lot of love for the HC on this message board..fair enough..some of the play calling and game management has been horrendous. 

But can anyone show me any precedent for an Owner/GM firing a coach mid season thats 5-3 after sustaining the injuries that have put many of your key players out for the season?

If the team continues to collapse as the season goes on and ends abruptly, a firing is a possibility..but ANY chance of McDermott being fired now are somewhere between slim to none.

Obviously it's not going to happen midseason. There's really nobody to promote anyways. 

But barring some playoff heroics this should be it for him. We're going backwards. 

8 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Analytics says you go for it in every case.  4th and 5 or less, josh convert 60%+.  He needs to quit being a conservative p*ssy -it allowed tb to stay in the game,  That plus mcdermott;s lack of time management bugs the fck out of me

If analytics is the answer to everything, why have coaches? Analytics is an effective tool to make decisions. However, you can’t run your team on percentages. The human element and flow of the game is an important factor. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

okay mrs. mcdermott.  show me your proof on punting cuz i think you're a defending mcdermott piece of sh*t

Odd insult but yes I am ok with how it turned out here in the grand scheme of things, looking at data from Computer Cowboy showing that all three punts were basically toss ups. 

11 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

No, the analytics today actually said punt. 

I will enjoy the best point differential of any team over the last 4 years and competing for the championship every year yes 

McD has had less playoff success than Rex Ryan with Mark "Butt Fumble" Sanchez at QB who had 2 AFCCG appearances.  At some point I no longer care about 12+ wins in the regular season if it just ends in dismal failure in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

The end of game defensive timeouts sum up everything about McDermott.  Dude wets his pants at the end of games.  Unless you don’t have 11 guys on the field, these timeouts help the offense more than the defense 99% of the time.  Never gonna get to the mountaintop when your head coach and your team play too tight at end of games.  

• Agree 2

55 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

McDummy got very lucky Godwin is dumb too. Why didn’t he go for the kill? 

He's luckier that Bowles is just as big a dummy using his timeout on the front end of the 2-minute warning to save 12 seconds instead of the back end to save 40. They might have won had he not done that. 

That don't compare to the moron Bills coach using *4* defensive timeouts tonight when the offense was rattled and pressed for time to calm the chaos and get into the right play, getting burned for a touchdown at least. Chaos hurts offense and helps defense, what super genius defensive call does super genius defensive coach think he's getting into that help his team more than helping the other side? 13 seconds is on YOU and your STUPID super defensive genius defensive timeouts.

And don't get me started on game/clock management, the Pats potentially having 30 seconds less time due to declining 1st & goal at the 2 instead of 2nd & goal at the 1, a 13-year old playing Madden wouldn't make these mistakes.

Super Genius Defensive Coach.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I have no problems with the punts.  It’s the undisciplined stupid play that keeps other teams in the game 

I agree and I would like to see Phillips benched if Ankou is ready to go. He’s a useless hype machine 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I agree and I would like to see Phillips benched if Ankou is ready to go. He’s a useless hype machine 

A championship caliber coach would bench Cam Lewis as well.  Simply inexcusable to get holding penalty on the very next punt after Siran Neal holding penalty took you from the 50 to your own 17.  

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

The end of game defensive timeouts sum up everything about McDermott.  Dude wets his pants at the end of games.  Unless you don’t have 11 guys on the field, these timeouts help the offense more than the defense 99% of the time.  Never gonna get to the mountaintop when your head coach and your team play too tight at end of games.  

I don't know that I've ever yelled louder and longer at a stupid defensive genius timeout than the end of the first half. Tampa has guys running to and fro, no timeouts, half the offense and half the field goal unit out, probably won't get another play off... and you call TIMEOUT? WHY would ANY coach other than a pee-wee league dad subbing for the regular coach and stumbling off a lawn chair with 6 empty cans of Schaeffer under it and yelling "OW" which the ref interprets as "time OWt" be so situationally unaware to EVER do that? Any random 13-year old with 3 or 4 seasons of Madden's worth of experience wouldn't do the STUPID crap Baldy McWrestleface pulls off every other damned GAME.

Clappy. you SUCK at game time decisions. DELEGATE or GTFO.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I am torn with McClappy. Going through the drought and being a laughing stock and changing coaches every 2-3 years was horrible.  I appreciate what he has done and seems like a strong and good person but it is clear he coaches scarred  and when you have JA, you can’t do that.  In any event, we did get the W, so world is right at the moment. Go Bills. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

I don't know that I've ever yelled louder and longer at a stupid defensive genius timeout than the end of the first half. Tampa has guys running to and fro, no timeouts, half the offense and half the field goal unit out, probably won't get another play off... and you call TIMEOUT? WHY would ANY coach other than a pee-wee league dad subbing for the regular coach and stumbling off a lawn chair with 6 empty cans of Schaeffer under it and yelling "OW" which the ref interprets as "time OWt" be so situationally unaware to EVER do that? Any random 13-year old with 3 or 4 seasons of Madden's worth of experience wouldn't do the STUPID crap Baldy McWrestleface pulls off every other damned GAME.

Clappy. you SUCK at game time decisions. DELEGATE or GTFO.

That was actually the right call.  Tampa runs clock down and tries field goal with no time left.  the timeout forced a punt because Bills could very well score with time left on clock getting the ball at 50 after missed 60 yarder.  The defensive timeouts at end of game in the other hand are idiotic.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

That was actually the right call.  Tampa runs clock down and tries field goal with no time left.  the timeout forced a punt because Bills could very well score with time left on clock getting the ball at 50 after missed 60 yarder.  The defensive timeouts at end of game in the other hand are idiotic.  

If I thought he was competent enough to have that level of thought to it, I’d give him credit. I will believe he lucked into it because it fits my narrative lol.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yes because, again, McD told Phillips to be an idiot on that play.  The game was over if he didn't unnecessarily grab the facemask.

Doesn't matter lol..this game should have been a blowout...once again we turtle up with a lead and both our offense and defense gets super safe and conservative...THATS McDermotts MO...once again horrible use of timeouts and game decisions...still plagued with the same mistakes 7 seasons in as he was from his first day....Mcclappy is holding the entire team back at this point...and as big of a control freak he is I wouldn't doubt if it has been his orders to put handcuffs on allen running and scrambling out of the pocket

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Next subject: shotgun draws from the opponent’s 1 yard line. Remember than time when it worked? I don’t.

Bills goal lines offense since the start of last season:

#32 in efficiency/play

#31 in TD rate

#31 in points/drive

Yet we keep trying the same things.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Allowing Dorsey to call shotgun snaps on 3rd and goal from the half yard line.

You can’t make this ***** up.

I put that as much on Allen too. Allen has to call an audible to a QB sneak there . Anything spotted inside the one has to be an automatic sneak in Allen’s mind regardless of play call that comes in.

Hope both Doresy and Allen learned their lesson on that one.

1 minute ago, NUT said:

McTurttle should have been a coach in the 1980's not the 2020's.

Yup I have been telling everyone his style of coaching is for an NFL game that is extinct!....he is so bullheaded and stubborn and will never change his coaching philosophy....we have to get rid of this clown or Allen's career will mirror Phillip rivers

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

you have josh allen as qb you go fo everything 4th and 5 or less. otherwise you're a fkn pssy.  Worked barely s TB won't work vs Cinci, KC or Phi

They weren’t playing cincy kc or philly…this is honestly the craziest argument lol if they were playing those teams they probably go for it 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Next subject: shotgun draws from the opponent’s 1 yard line. Remember than time when it worked? I don’t.

there is an expression that fits. "Get fancy get ******" overthinking it to the Nth degree

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.