Bills @ Patriots Post game thread

BuffaloBill

10 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

I feel the same way. I’ve been watching for 45 years. I just got thru being all excited for this team during the pre season and the first part of the regular season. I can’t sit here and watch another season go down the drain just to start the whole process over again next season.

And this is exactly the reason why I am done with this coaching staff. That last drive New England scored on has epitomized Sean mcdermotts entire tenure here.  

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Meanwhile, in KC, Mahomes has 321 passing yards and 3 TDs AT HALFTIME!!! McDermott traded them that pick. 

And does anyone think the Bills would have won a Super Bowl with Mahomes instead of Allen over the last 5 years ? 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Finally, you are arguing with what I've been saying. 

You given me a lot of flack. 

I even compared the ZBills to the Chargers and nearly got my head decapitated. 

No floating here because I wish I was wrong. Football sure hasn't been as fun with the Bills seemingly regressing. This season is hanging on by a thread. 

Fair enough and like I said my eyes were really opened the last couple of weeks.  And when my information changes my mind does to.  I may have been slow on the uptake and as an optimist I'm going to give the Bills staff the benefit of the doubt hear.  But damn people like you who did say we were more like the Chargers then the Chiefs were right.  We're starting to lose games the Charger way to.

Now I hope I'm wrong here and the Bills go on a tear.  The NFL is weird like that.  But I don't expect it.  This will leave Pegula with a tough choice at the end of the season if heaven forbid the Bills fail to make the playoffs.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Seventeen said:

And does anyone think the Bills would have won a Super Bowl with Mahomes instead of Allen over the last 5 years ? 

If we had Andy Reid I think we would’ve won a Super Bowl with Allen, but I don’t think we would with Mahomes if McD was in charge.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

Just now, Lionel Hutz said:

If we had Andy Reid I think we would’ve won a Super Bowl with Allen, but I don’t think we would with Mahomes if McD was in charge.

Mahomes on the Bills doesn't equate to the same kind of guy on the Bills roster. 

I can say with confidence if Allen were in KC he would have a ring or two or three. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Bills need to make a notable move at NT. Ford, Settle, and Phillips are rotational guys only. Vickers is garbage. 

We play 4 man front. There’s no NT in McDermotts’ Defense. Now, if you wanna talk about making a move for McDermott, I’m all ears.

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The only good I saw today was Kincaid and Cook. Both looked pretty solid. Wasn't enough. 

The biggest concern is the Oline. They have been pretty bad the last few games. IMHO, it the major reason why the offense isn't excelling. Add in a clueless Dorsey and poor WR core too. 

It's a long season anything can happen. I just feel like the season is pretty much over. 

I worry that the slide in the O lines play is simply a result of D coordinators having enough film on the two new guards to have figured out their weaknesses and how to exploit them within the Bills blocking schemes. Remember the disaster that was Scaffold didn't become apparent until about halfway into the season.

I agree about Cook & Kincaid.  Keeping my fingers crossed that they keep getting better.  But I also thought Allen was great today.  Not he whole game but in the 2nd half Allen did exactly what you want your elite franchise QB to do when the offense is struggling:  right the ship and score TD's to win the game.  Consider that:

*  The Bills had 4 meaningful possessions in the 2nd half and they scored TD's on 3 of them and only failed to score points on the 4th when Knox dropped a 4th down pass at the Pats 30 yard line.

*  Allen was outstanding in the 2nd half when he had to be.

*  Just 2 quick 2nd half stops by the D against the worst O in the NFL likely would have given the Bills two extra possessions and 10 extra points.

• Like (+1) 2

Every fan, analyst, commentator etc says the same thing…. Gotta find ways to spread the ball out and run the ball.

They ask where’s the RB screens? Getting Cook involved more in the passing game.

Look at the plays Hardy has made after catch the past 2 weeks. But yet he get 1 target a game. Gabe Davis gets zero looks. We run redzone offense and Kincaid never sees the field. Run a fly sweep, where are the 5 yard crossing routes? This offense doesn’t work, Dorsey ain’t the guy, combined it’s just never gonna happen.

Think about it people, McDermott and Dorsey is who this team is…. I said it at the end of last year, at this point we are just wasting our time with a QB that can win….. just needs the right combination, that’s not Dorsey and McDermott. I don’t hate them, just my opinion they are not top tier coaches.

And the loyalty to a fault of this FO nothing is going to change!!! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I worry that the slide in the O lines play is simply a result of D coordinators having enough film on the two new guards to have figured out their weaknesses and how to exploit them within the Bills blocking schemes. Remember the disaster that was Scaffold didn't become apparent until about halfway into the season.

I agree about Cook & Kincaid.  Keeping my fingers crossed that they keep getting better.  But I also thought Allen was great today.  Not he whole game but in the 2nd half Allen did exactly what you want your elite franchise QB to do when the offense is struggling:  right the ship and score TD's to win the game.  Consider that:

*  The Bills had 4 meaningful possessions in the 2nd half and they scored TD's on 3 of them and only failed to score points on the 4th when Knox dropped a 4th down pass at the Pats 30 yard line.

*  Just 2 quick 2nd half stops by the D against the worst O in the NFL likely would have given the Bills two extra possessions and 10 extra points.

I do agree Allen was very good in the second half. However, him and the offense has to play well for a complete game. 

The first half offensive performance was unacceptable. The offense has been an issue for three straight games. That just shouldn't happen. 

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It would have been useful if he was just good in the first half. He was anything but.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I do agree Allen was very good in the second half. However, him and the offense has to play well for a complete game. 

The first half offensive performance was unacceptable. The offense has been an issue for three straight games. That just shouldn't happen. 

Even in the first half they moved the ball and got into good FG range twice, struggled to punch it in, barring whatever the ***** happened to the ball on that one kick we would have had 6 pts at the half. I wouldn't doubt the Patriots are still somewhat competent in the redzone defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

We have went all out on Defense for the most part drafting and FA.  It catches up eventually, it's an offensive league not a defensive 

It's not so much the focus on defense as it is the lack of young impact players.  Teams like the Chiefs and Ravens always seem to find good talent at the back of the draft rounds so the excuse of drafting in the high 20's isn't credible.  Does the Bills draft board differ so much from these other teams?  If so, how long does it take to figure out you have it mostly wrong?

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

It’s a offensive game… if you have a superbowl caliber QB, he needs offensive brilliancy a offensive guru has (usually the HC), cause that’s what got them a HC job in the first place, and why most HC stay OC…..

It’s a offensive game… if you have a superbowl caliber QB, he needs offensive brilliancy a offensive guru has (usually the HC), cause that’s what got them a HC job in the first place, and why most HC stay OC…..

18 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

No.  If anyone thinks Mahommes would have identical success on any other team, they’re not grounded in reality. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

And Bean.  McD & Bean would have won a Super Bowl in the 1970's through the 1st decade of the 21st century building a team the way they have the 2019 - 2023 Bills.  But today they won't.  When you have THE guy at QB and anyone who thinks the Bills don't have that guy at QB are crazy, you structure the team to fully exploit his abilities.  Bean/McD have not done this.  So yes while Mahomes would have been very successful and like Allen clearly an elite talent with the Bills he would not have been to a Super Bowl yet.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nator99 said:

Please give me a break.  When Tua playes tonight he is going to eclipise him ny 4 TD's. I cannot stand the amount of homers who protect him and do not allow anyone to criticize him.

He literally has the worst coach and fewest resources any QB with top talent has EVER had. You see inconsistencies, but most people know that the level he has reached with the trash he's been given is remarkable 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Fair enough and like I said my eyes were really opened the last couple of weeks.  And when my information changes my mind does to.  I may have been slow on the uptake and as an optimist I'm going to give the Bills staff the benefit of the doubt hear.  But damn people like you who did say we were more like the Chargers then the Chiefs were right.  We're starting to lose games the Charger way to.

Now I hope I'm wrong here and the Bills go on a tear.  The NFL is weird like that.  But I don't expect it.  This will leave Pegula with a tough choice at the end of the season if heaven forbid the Bills fail to make the playoffs.

Bills aren’t making the playoffs. Coaching has been our downfall starting with the 13 second fiasco. Fire Dorsey and McNumbnuts today and we can start playing the way we used to. Don’t and we continue to be awful.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloSufferer said:

Bills aren’t making the playoffs. Coaching has been our downfall starting with the 13 second fiasco. Fire Dorsey and McNumbnuts today and we can start playing the way we used to. Don’t and we continue to be awful.

How we used to? McD was coach for that. Unless you mean the Rex Ryan era 

1 minute ago, BuffaloSufferer said:

I honestly think he started to lose the team in that debacle. Some on the team began to doubt and now there are alot of guys.

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

It would have been useful if he was just good in the first half. He was anything but.

He was okay in the 1st half.  The D created only one 3 & out and allowed the Pats to flip the field with a non scoring but time consuming 2nd quarter drive. 

But the point is that EVERY elite QB and their offense will have an off half.  The truly elite like Allen followup a lackluster 1st half with a phenomenal 2nd half and Allen did exactly that.

Twice in the 2nd half the D was beyond inept:

*  After the Bills scored a TD in the 3rd quarter to cut the NE lead to 3 the Bills D should have risen up and snuffed the Pats offense out.  Instead they allowed them to go on a 6 minute plus FG drive.  Then when the Bills finally took a 3 point lead at the 2 minute mark the D didn't just allow NE to go on a drive to tie the game and force OT they allowed them to score the winning TD.  That is unacceptable given how Bean/McD have structured the Bills.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloSufferer said:

That’s firing both coordinators at the same time, as well as the HC, when there is a game in 4 days. What internal promotions do you make? Mike Shula as HC? Joe Brady? If you do that, who’s the DC? Beane would probably go too, as it’s well known that McD and Beane are a package deal. Yes, regime changes should be made in the off-season but not wholesale changes after week 7. But they should let Joe Brady try calling plays. It couldn’t get any worse.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

It's not so much the focus on defense as it is the lack of young impact players.  Teams like the Chiefs and Ravens always seem to find good talent at the back of the draft rounds so the excuse of drafting in the high 20's isn't credible.  Does the Bills draft board differ so much from these other teams?  If so, how long does it take to figure out you have it mostly wrong?

Good points

14 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Actually great QB's and their offenses will sometimes struggle for a half.  The most memorable recent example was the 2nd half Chiefs O against the Bengals in the AFC championship game.   But today the Bills O and Allen put an offensive clinic on in the 2nd half with the exception of the Knox drop.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.