The Official Fire Ken Dorsey Thread

VaMilBill

5 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Just out of curiosity, if Daboll gets canned, would you oppose bringing him back?

just because  he's better than dorsey doesnt mean i want Daboll back.    we came out conservative af in the first half against the chiefs in the championship game.   

when it finally became apparent we better do something Daboll finally got agressive and we almost won.   then there was the whole 50 passes in a row and were just going to throw 50 yards on every down. 

I'm pretty convinced that Dorsey picked up a lot of Dabolls bad traits and doesnt know enough to scheme is own stuff well enough to be efficient

Edited by Comebackkid

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Josh knows what's up:

The game plan was to go away from what worked last week. It blows my mind.

This is absolutely the problem im starting to think its McDermott and i hate saying that because hes done so much for this team but hes our tony dungy maybe we should hire Eric Bieniemy as HC

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

This is absolutely the problem im starting to think its McDermott and i hate saying that because hes done so much for this team but hes our tony dungy maybe we should hire Eric Bieniemy as HC

No. He. Hasn’t.

The DUDE gets credit for a MIRACLE PASS by Andy Dalton.

The next year, we stink. Move up in draft and miracously, JOSH falls to us. 

McDermott has behind his superstar QB for years.

Just now, McBean said:

No. He. Hasn’t.

The DUDE gets credit for a MIRACLE PASS by Andy Dalton.

The next year, we stink. Move up in draft and miracously, JOSH falls to us. 

McDermott has hid behind his superstar QB for years.

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Josh knows what's up:

The game plan was to go away from what worked last week. It blows my mind.

Dorsey just keeps over-estimating the unprepared-Josh.

Allen needs to run no-huddle to succeed because he isn't seeing the field well and making good decisions.    You and I know the weapons aren't good enough to expect domination but Allen played like a guy who had 2 days to prepare for a random opponent when he's playing the team that embarrassed him in the playoffs last year.   

Best reason to fire Ken Dorsey is to force Allen to learn a new playbook and get his head back into the X's and O's.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Is it, I just don't understand why it would bother McDermott, if it works he'd use it, I get why it might bug Dorsey, it makes him look like an idiot.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Remember, change can be good.  The Eagles did not win a Super Bowl until they fired Andy Reid… teams do move on from coaches who are ostensibly “successful “

A lot of this thread is still present on offense. Especially the route combinations and lack of fluidity in the progressions. It just feels like a lot of half field coverage beater concepts. Which are great for efficiency metrics but are relatively easy to throw enough doubt at the QB to not throw it and watch a disjointed play unfold.

10 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

just because  he's better than dorsey doesnt mean i want Daboll back.    we came out conservative af in the first half against the chiefs in the championship game.   

when it finally became apparent we better do something Daboll finally got agressive and we almost won.   then there was the whole 50 passes in a row and were just going to throw 50 yards on every down. 

I'm pretty convinced that Dorsey picked up a lot of Dabolls bad traits and doesnt know enough to scheme is own stuff well enough to be efficient

Why McD promoted Dorsey to OC I'll never understand.  He's never done it before last season.  This roster has talent and they are under performing at an alarming rate.  I don't care about all the stats that they racked up against garbage teams.  The offense is totalling sputtering.  They haven't played a complete game since the Dolphins which may be the high water mark.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

who should we get

It depends who’s available, doesn’t it?  With Josh Allen, we’d be the most desirable landing spot for a top coordinator…I mean, how often does a team with a superstar quarterback have a coaching vacancy?  Most coaches who get fired are trying to work with guys like Tyrod Taylor and Carson Wentz…

1 minute ago, juno999 said:

Why McD promoted Dorsey to OC I'll never understand.  He's never done it before last season.  This roster has talent and they are under performing at an alarming rate.  I don't care about all the stats that they racked up against garbage teams.  The offense is totalling sputtering.  They haven't played a complete game since the Dolphins which may be the high water mark.

i think that he thought that Dorsey could do enought to just continue what Daboll started and Josh was far enough along to carry the rest of the team.     Josh 

wasnt that far along and Dorsey hasnt been able to grow.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You and I know the weapons aren't good enough to expect domination but Allen played like a guy who had 2 days to prepare for a random opponent when he's playing the team that embarrassed him in the playoffs last year.   

What makes you think he wasn't prepared? I just think Dorsey has him in his own head with this system. Everything is too disjointed. Allen doesn't start running until it's too late. There are very few schemed up one-read throws like you see in pretty much every other offense. Our protection schemes get beaten frequently. WRs end up tripping over each other because their routes are next to each other. I described the play calling in the game thread as Dorsey reaching into a bag and randomly pulling out a play call, that's what it feels like to me.

That's a lot of jumbled up thoughts, that was a long game and I'm tired. But im general I'm not remotely satisfied with Dorsey's overall management of the offense. His offense feels like it's run by A.I. He understands what play calls beat what coverages and progression design, etc., but he has no innate feel for the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Correct IMO. It's not about his offensive scheme and play designs as a whole, it's his inability to get the offense in rhythm. Everybody watching from the couch knows the offense works better from up tempo and with Josh running the ball. We know it works better without random shot calls downfield that never work. But Dorsey for some reason can't see these obvious truths right in front of his face.

8 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

https://x.com/jonscotttv/status/1721393051053047922?s=46&t=RLsRhQJBb5vROsgfJWkwSw

THE PLAYERS ARE OPENLY QUESTIONING DORSEY NOW HOW CAN PEOPLE STILL DEFEND THIS GUY

Embedding this for you:

Everybody knows that up tempo is a winning formula for our offense. Everybody except the one man that can do something about it.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Correct IMO. It's not about his offensive scheme and play designs as a whole, it's his inability to get the offense in rhythm. Everybody watching from the couch knows the offense works better from up tempo and with Josh running the ball. We know it works better without random shot calls downfield that never work. But Dorsey for some reason can't see these obvious truths right in front of his face.

I can't place it all on Dorsey when both him and McD talk about Sean injecting his philosophy into the offense...

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Embedding this for you:

Everybody knows that up tempo is a winning formula for our offense. Everybody except the one man that can do something about it.

Thanks. Still figuring out how to embed new Twitter from my phone 

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Based on the player comments about offensive approach, it wouldn’t shock me if Dorsey catches the boot tomorrow.   If Josh signs off on it, then who knows …

He’s not happy with Dorsey, it’s pretty obvious to see at this point 

9 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

He’s not happy with Dorsey, it’s pretty obvious to see at this point

Haven't paid enough attention to the player interviews to have a good read, I know with Daboll who Josh loved he'd always talk him up or really go to bat for him does that just not really happen or something?

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Haven't paid enough attention to the player interviews to have a good read, I know with Daboll who Josh loved he'd always talk him up or really go to bat for him does that just not really happen or something?

He really had an edge in his voice talking about how the game plan was to not use tempo offense today 

26 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Embedding this for you:

I wonder if Sean is limiting no huddle? It's not usually something a defensive coordinator would endorse. 

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What makes you think he wasn't prepared? I just think Dorsey has him in his own head with this system. Everything is too disjointed. Allen doesn't start running until it's too late. There are very few schemed up one-read throws like you see in pretty much every other offense. Our protection schemes get beaten frequently. WRs end up tripping over each other because their routes are next to each other. I described the play calling in the game thread as Dorsey reaching into a bag and randomly pulling out a play call, that's what it feels like to me.

That's a lot of jumbled up thoughts, that was a long game and I'm tired. But im general I'm not remotely satisfied with Dorsey's overall management of the offense. His offense feels like it's run by A.I. He understands what play calls beat what coverages and progression design, etc., but he has no innate feel for the game.

What makes you think he WAS prepared?

Great veteran QB's make even dumb play callers look good.

Allen should be there by now........but he's clearly not so we are left calling for the team to run no-huddle so he doesn't have to think so much.

I've largely accepted his shortcomings and have been pounding the table for more weapons for him for years now..........I could write a novel on my feelings about where he is versus where he should be in the mental aspects of the game.  People can't really see the forest for the trees when it comes to Josh.

We've come to eliminate some of his foibles from consideration.........like not being able to execute a simple screen pass 6 years in.   At some point in this new-CBA world the franchise QB needs to take it upon himself to see to it that basic execution is not an issue before the season even starts.

• Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Dorsey should get a chance to let Allen save his job. Install a no-huddle uptempo offense and let Allen call the plays. BTW, is the weather Monday night conducive to passing? 

Did I have a stroke, I swear this already ***** happened, and then the next week we spontaneously decided to stop doing it after 1 drive into the game.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Did I have a stroke, I swear this already ***** happened, and then the next week we spontaneously decided to stop doing it after 1 drive into the game.

I think they got caught not having a plan last drive 1 and went with the off-season installed offense to try and manhandle the Bengals. The OL has been upgraded but looks much better in 11 than 12.