NY Giants @ Buffalo Bills - SNF 2nd half game thread

Simon

1 minute ago, IronyAbounds said:

Because it was a bad throw. He was not under that much pressure and he short-armed it. Just because I don't go to bed sniffing Josh's jock doesn't mean I'm a "so-called fan."

I’d cut him some slack as he was running for his life all night but that was certainly a bad throw.  The situation reminds me a lot of the first bills dolphins game last year down the stretch where he missed that wide open td 

knox could’ve caught it though 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, IronyAbounds said:

Because it was a bad throw. He was not under that much pressure and he short-armed it. Just because I don't go to bed sniffing Josh's jock doesn't mean I'm a "so-called fan."

You must not watch a lot of football good receivers make tough catch all day to bail out the QBs off throw. Not in here. Let’s be honest. Outside of Diggs there’s no one I trust to make a clutch catch. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Dawson Knox, while playing injured, is NOT having a good season. This isn’t a hot take. 

He is overpaid for what he can do. He isn't a hybrid TE scoring machine. That type of money should be a solid slot or WR 2 to take the pressure off diggs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronyAbounds said:

Yes, Allen did short-arm it. Obviously could have been caught--- but not a good throw.

Usually we’re on the short end of those I’ll take the W.  But let’s face it in some respects this looks an awful lot like last season.  We aren’t that good. Somethings just not quite right, can’t put my finger on it.

Edited by PayDaBill$

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Thanks, I guess we can keep waiting for that Gabe Davis explosion. 

Or maybe Kincaid comes back from the concussion and becomes the #2. 

Kincaid honestly gets a lot of defensive attention since week 1 for someone that’s new to the league it has def surprised me at times 

vs the jets it felt like he was open all night though lol

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Would have been great if Knox would have made the catch, but not sure relying on Knox to make a spectacular catch is a great plan while Knox is playing through that injury if it's as it's been described.

Knox always drops balls. Injured or not. He’s good for a few angry runs and multiple easy drops a season. Overpaid TE. I think that’s why they drafted Kinkaid. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Thanks, I guess we can keep waiting for that Gabe Davis explosion. 

Or maybe Kincaid comes back from the concussion and becomes the #2. 

You’re not wrong. But we lost too many critical pieces on defense. 3 key starters and 1 ( Milano ) who was playing at a defensive player of the year level just can’t be replaced. The biggest problem I see is Dorsey’s offensive is too predictable. In the last 2 weeks D coordinators ate our offense up.

they better right the ship this week because if the giants were a good team we would of lost by 20.

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

First one was a little more questionable and I don’t think should’ve been called…there’s no way they’re calling two pis leading to untimed downs in a row unless the receiver gets absolutely destroyed 

Agree.  I thought the first one was ticky tack but the second one could have legit been called.

Just now, 26TrapDraw said:

You’re not wrong. But we lost too many critical pieces on defense. 3 key starters and 1 ( Milano ) who was playing at a defensive player of the year level just can’t be replaced. The biggest problem I see is Dorsey’s offensive is too predictable. In the last 2 weeks D coordinators ate our offense up.

they better right the ship this week because if the giants were a good team we would of lost by 20.

They are desperate for outside corner. The safeties are no longer capable of covering up deficits there. With Dane out today things get dire. If he or Benford get seriously injured they may as well forfeit

37 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

Allen made some incredible plays on those two scoring drives, Knox absolutely has to do his part and make that catch to bail him out on a bit of a short throw

Everyone's annoyed about Knox not making a great play there, you know what I'm annoyed about on that series, us running the same two predictable run plays before it, making us need a long pass to convert the 3rd down. Seriously I think those were the same run plays we were running on the earlier drives only they worked then because they didn't know we were going to call runs.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

The linebackers might be real good. Both of these guys can fly. It was touch and go there for a min but we only gave up 9 and no TDs. I like 43/42 out there. That could be a hell of a LB combo going forward. Elam wasn’t horrible. If we get Dane Back it will feel better back there. If we can win games when our offense doesn’t have it, that’s a next level for this team. When was the last time the Bills won a game where the bills scored less then 15 points? Josh’s first year?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

Everyone's annoyed about Knox not making a great play there, you know what I'm annoyed about on that series, us running the same two predictable run plays before it making us need a long pass to convert the 3rd down. Seriously I think those were the same run plays we were running on the earlier drives only they worked then because they didn't know we were going to call runs.

true... but a physical super bowl caliber team with a top O line blocks those runs up better and gets it to 3rd and short

19 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

People always say that we can’t win the close ugly ones. Well, we did. That was as ugly as it could be.

Against a team that we were favored by the most points of any team this weekend. That was a terrible performance and we didn't plan correctly... At all

Giants D put on a clinic. 

1 minute ago, billybob71 said:

true... but a physical super bowl caliber team with a top O line blocks those runs up better and gets it to 3rd and short

But when they sniff out the first one and it goes nowhere, why would you do the exact same play, I mean run to the outside maybe, do something else.

3 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

When a win feels like a loss. 

the expectations were the Bills were going to curbstomp this team. The ugly way we won stings. It has made our high expectations crumble more than a bit. Im reading the room. The feeling of future dread is palpable without some personnel changes.  Which may or may not happen. I have my doubts

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

But when they sniff out the first one and it goes nowhere, why would you do the exact same play, I mean run to the outside maybe, do something else.

yeah i hear you their run game could be way more creative its always treated as an afterthought it seems

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Everyone's annoyed about Knox not making a great play there, you know what I'm annoyed about on that series, us running the same two predictable run plays before it making us need a long pass to convert the 3rd down. Seriously I think those were the same run plays we were running on the earlier drives only they worked then because they didn't know we were going to call runs.

I get that, and I'm annoyed at all of the above, but this is 2023 and when one of the best 96 guys at his position can't catch it I get crooked. It's not like a Josh fastball, that was more like Josh knowing this guy isn't trustworthy, he's thinking "I almost need to make the catch for him" and float the ball in there, and it gets dropped anyway.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Usually we’re on the short end of those I’ll take the W.  But let’s face it in some respects this looks an awful lot like last season.  We aren’t that good. Somethings just not quite right, can’t put my finger on it.

I can. The OC blows. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.