Around the NFL

ChronicAndKnuckles

Jets can’t help but shoot themselves in the foot year after year after year. They are so lucky Namath & co got them that one SB or else they’d be in contention for worst sports franchise of all time. People think being a Buffalo Bills fan is bad, go be a fan of the Jets 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Why would you do that? The Jets need to start losing or Rodgers is going to come back and lead them to a SB. Or at least be a PIA in the playoffs.

My understanding is that Rodgers has zero chance to come back this year.

I don't know, I just think they are not even a PO contender at this point and I sorta always root for the underdog.

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

My understanding is that Rodgers has zero chance to come back this year.

I don't know, I just think they are not even a PO contender at this point and I sorta always root for the underdog.

He claims that he's coming back for the playoffs if they make it. 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

McDaniel’s is just as balanced. It’s just not based entirely off of the run. Even if they had McCaffrey and Debo, against a good defense, you aren’t fooling anyone in obvious passing situations with their personnel. 

The reality is that McDaniel has just taken Shanahan’s offense and with his personnel in Miami totally elevated it, and made a way more explosive passing game.

McDaniel's is based entirely off the pass. It's not balanced at all. They play a good defense like the Bills and get stymied, they have no answer. San Fran, with all their weapons healthy, can beat you both ways.

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

McDaniel's is based entirely off the pass. It's not balanced at all. They play a good defense like the Bills and get stymied, they have no answer. San Fran, with all their weapons healthy, can beat you both ways.

Dolphins are leading the league by 2+games worth of rush yards

They are obliterating second place in terms of yards/carry

They have two running backs in the top15 rush leaders rn

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

To my eye, dolphins pass to set up the run, and San Fran does the opposite. Both very balanced. Dolphins actually lead the NFL in rushing yards per game. All I know is that in the fourth quarter when the other team is coming from behind, the Dolphins present much more of a challenge. Even today, it was a total fluke that The Niners even got into field goal range. They threw a 4-yard curl to Ayuik and no one tried to tackle him for like 40 yards. 

That said, they are both very challenging offenses to stop. 

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

To my eye, dolphins pass to set up the run, and San Fran does the opposite. Both very balanced. Dolphins actually lead the NFL in rushing yards per game. All I know is that in the fourth quarter when the other team is coming from behind, the Dolphins present much more of a challenge. Even today, it was a total fluke that The Niners even got into field goal range. They threw a 4-yard curl to Ayuik and no one tried to tackle him for like 40 yards. 

That said, they are both very challenging offenses to stop. 

Both will be in the SB, imho

I don't want to hear nothing from Jets fans going forward. All last year and all off season we heard "If we just had even slightly below average QB play and Breece Hall didn't go down we were a playoff team."

Well, Hall is back and looks good. Wilson started rough but has looked much better the last 3 weeks. Excuses are out now. 

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Are their more flags this year ?

The data is skewed due to the fact that we are only part of the way through week 6, but yes the average number of flags per game is up. In 2022, it was 13.1 per game including the playoffs. This year, so far, it is 14.9 per game. BTW, there is a website that tracks this: https://www.nflpenalties.com/index.php?view=total&year=2023

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Dolphins are leading the league by 2+games worth of rush yards

They are obliterating second place in terms of yards/carry

They have two running backs in the top15 rush leaders rn

Only works if their pass game is working. It's much easier to make them one-dimensional.

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The data is skewed due to the fact that we are only part of the way through week 6, but yes the average number of flags per game is up. In 2022, it was 13.1 per game including the playoffs. This year, so far, it is 14.9 per game. BTW, there is a website that tracks this: https://www.nflpenalties.com/index.php?view=total&year=2023

The refs know what the fans really want more zebras. 😒

Edited by Warcodered

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.