Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

40 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I'm Polish on both sides. looked at the history of Poland since 1000  on Wiki. Numerous invasions every century. There was no Poland for the second half of the 19th century until the end of  WW1. It was divided by Austria/Humiigary and Germany. That led to my being here. My mother's father was born in 1888 in Poland. He said around 1910 ,there were rumblings of another war. He said that there was no way  he was going to fight for the Germans. He somehow got  passage to the US and settled here. There was a lot of Polish jokes that finally died out when JPII was named pope in 1979.

Polish jokes died out? Lol Just kidding man. This is how I ended up here too. My dad had to flee Palestine in 67. I was born in Buffalo. Why tf did he pick Buffalo? lol. What not Boston or NY? I could’ve had rings by now. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Justice said:

Polish jokes died out? Lol Just kidding man. This is how I ended up here too. My dad had to flee Palestine in 67. I was born in Buffalo. Why tf did he pick Buffalo? lol. What not Boston or NY? I could’ve had rings by now. 

We are a nation of immigrants.

the last part was uncalled for:)

• Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I'm Polish on both sides. looked at the history of Poland since 1000  on Wiki. Numerous invasions every century. There was no Poland for the second half of the 19th century until the end of  WW1. It was divided by Austria/Humiigary and Germany. That led to my being here. My mother's father was born in 1888 in Poland. He said around 1910 ,there were rumblings of another war. He said that there was no way  he was going to fight for the Germans. He somehow got  passage to the US and settled here. There was a lot of Polish jokes that finally died out when JPII was named pope in 1979.

And now Poland is a country!! 

See the lesson? 🤓

17 minutes ago, Irv said:

I wish the "Squat" would go away.  What a mess.  

Of course you do. 

• Eyeroll 1

"Video shows rocket fired from Gaza make sharp turn back before blast seen at hospital."

"Video from Al Jazeera appears to show a rocket fired from Gaza make a sudden turn moments before a deadly blast was seen at the Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital in Gaza" (CNN)(video at link).

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2023/10/18/gaza-rocket-hospital-blast-vpx.cnn

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"Video shows rocket fired from Gaza make sharp turn back before blast seen at hospital."

"Video from Al Jazeera appears to show a rocket fired from Gaza make a sudden turn moments before a deadly blast was seen at the Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital in Gaza" (CNN)(video at link).

They won’t accept responsibility. And I fear they’re lying about the death toll in that explosion. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Hacks are still saying it hit the hospital and killed hundreds.  not the parking lot it did.

but if you think about it. by that narrative Hamas committed an act of terrorism against the Palestinians in the hospital?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Coincidence Hamas fired at a Baptist hospital?  I don't think so.  And the "Squat" keeps running with the lie that it was the Israeli's.  Biden drooling on himself while it goes on.  What a mess.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

As to the earlier Al-Jazeera post.

Al Jazeera Receives Fact-Check to End ALL Fact-Checks Claiming Proof That Israel DID Bomb the Hospital

Good ol' Al Jazerra, doing their part to feed as much anti-Semitism and misinformation as they can. It must be hard work carrying water for terrorists.

This, of course, has already been debunked.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/10/19/nathan-ruser-thread-al-jazeera-fail-n2388745

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

As to the earlier Al-Jazeera post.

Al Jazeera Receives Fact-Check to End ALL Fact-Checks Claiming Proof That Israel DID Bomb the Hospital

Good ol' Al Jazerra, doing their part to feed as much anti-Semitism and misinformation as they can. It must be hard work carrying water for terrorists.

This, of course, has already been debunked.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/10/19/nathan-ruser-thread-al-jazeera-fail-n2388745

Oh, how about that 

So kind of like here where the voices don't talk about the killings, rapes and what not that happen nonstop. cause it's the inner city.  bad guys on bad guys?

but will wall to wall the cycle if its some white or rich kids.

but the article has a point. if your Palestinian and try to live the progressive lifestyle that is allowed in Isrrael, someone will come nocking and its probably not the israelis

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Coincidence Hamas fired at a Baptist hospital?  I don't think so.  And the "Squat" keeps running with the lie that it was the Israeli's.  Biden drooling on himself while it goes on.  What a mess.  

Buckle your seatbelts and assume crash positions! 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Justice said:

And now a church got hit. Lots of dead people allegedly. Here we go again. Prediction… both sides blames the other 

Yeah it's not great, back in 2014 there were articles about 1-2 thousand people taking shelter in the church from the bombings back then, and that church doesn't exactly look like a structure anymore.

10 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The Hacks are still saying it hit the hospital and killed hundreds.  not the parking lot it did.

but if you think about it. by that narrative Hamas committed an act of terrorism against the Palestinians in the hospital?

You have to understand that Palestinians don’t necessarily automatically mean hamas

Terrorist organizations that use people as human shields don’t really care about the people that they’re using

• Like (+1) 1

Over the years, decades, I haven’t really understood the complexities of the Palestinian- Israel conflict. I recently watched several YouTube documentaries on the history of the West Bank. My only reaction was shock and disbelief. The Israli government policy of supporting the settlements and regulating, through military force, every aspect of Palestinian lives there is crazy. The Jewish settlers see nothing wrong with expanding the settlements. If, like me, you were ignorant about this issue, educate yourself. Unfortunately, I don’t see how this conflict will ever be resolved. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah it's not great, back in 2014 there were articles about 1-2 thousand people taking shelter in the church from the bombings back then, and that church doesn't exactly look like a structure anymore.

This is just going to be a daily occurrence? 

The Israel Defense Forces said in an emailed statement that a strike targeting a Hamas control center “damaged the wall of a church in the area” and that it is “aware of reports on casualties” and is reviewing the incident.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/20/gaza-church-strike-saint-porphyrius/

2 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Over the years, decades, I haven’t really understood the complexities of the Palestinian- Israel conflict. I recently watched several YouTube documentaries on the history of the West Bank. My only reaction was shock and disbelief. The Israli government policy of supporting the settlements and regulating, through military force, every aspect of Palestinian lives there is crazy. The Jewish settlers see nothing wrong with expanding the settlements. If, like me, you were ignorant about this issue, educate yourself. Unfortunately, I don’t see how this conflict will ever be resolved. 

If you think that’s something try watching ‘Born in Gaza’ on Netflix 

The media needs to start offering up both sides of the news asap. What happened on Oct 7th was despicable. It was tragic. It should never be forgotten but retribution has been paid by the Palestinian civilians and they don’t report enough.

Every day I see detailed pieces on individual hostages and Israeli victims (and that’s ok) but nothing from the other side. This type of thing only drives hate and division within our society here in America. 

It’s a dangerous time right now for the Arab and Jewish communities. Ppl should know their blood-thirst has been quenched already and then some. Enough is enough. Violence can only begot more violence. 

I realize ppl want to crush Hamas into oblivion but I can assure you this isn’t the way. Chop the heads off of Hamas and surely a new and even more viscous group will take their place eventually. 

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." —Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

The powers that be want a world war and I fear it’s coming. The news have been doing their best to rile up everyone. Maybe if more people seen the suffering on both sides that can lead to peace. 

14 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Now we have pictures and the church is fine (aside from some debris and one wall).

The target was a Hamas command center that they deliberately put near to the church.

The new reported death toll is 2 and unclear if those are civilians or Hamas members.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Now we have pictures and the church is fine (aside from some debris and one wall).

The target was a Hamas command center that they deliberately put near to the church.

The new reported death toll is 2 and unclear if those are civilians or Hamas members.

43 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was from Hamas.  Stop trying to help the terrorists.

They can't seem to help themselves. Will trip over their own feet to blame something Israel but stay silent on Hamas and their ilk until pressed.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Can you share the link please?  I too have been trying to understand this better.  I really don't even understand the terminology like settlers,open air prison, settlements, colonialism, occupation, etc. at this point.  I've watched a few videos and read some but am still confused.

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Can you share the link please?  I too have been trying to understand this better.  I really don't even understand the terminology like settlers,open air prison, settlements, colonialism, occupation, etc. at this point.  I've watched a few videos and read some but am still confused.

Here are a few I found enlightening.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I guess these were the two? 🤔

It's such an interesting response from Israel, basically "It's not like we killed that many people," and "we could have bombed them harder don't be such a baby about it."

Michelle Goldberg is a liberal NY Times columnist. I generally don't agree with her columns. But this one is very solid and fair. It is not Twitter/X. You need to actually read a few paragraphs (a lost art around here) instead of an inflammatory 200 character characterization.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/20/opinion/israel-war-gaza-hospital-danger.html

Of course, I’d read Israel’s insistence that an errant Islamic Jihad rocket had caused the explosion at the hospital, but I didn’t put much stock in it, because in the past when Israel accidentally killed civilians, it has blamed Palestinians for the deaths. In May of last year, the Palestinian American journalist Shireen Abu Akleh was shot and killed while covering an Israeli raid on the Jenin refugee camp. Israeli officials said she was shot either by a Palestinian or by an Israeli soldier aiming at a Palestinian gunman. A New York Times investigation, however, contradicted the official Israeli line. It found that the bullet that killed Abu Akleh was fired from the direction of an Israeli military convoy and that “there were no armed Palestinians near her when she was shot.”

A few months later, during another round of Israeli bombing of Gaza, five Palestinian boys were killed in a cemetery. Initially, Israeli officials blamed a misfired Islamic Jihad rocket for the deaths. But as the Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported, an army inquiry found they were actually killed by an Israeli airstrike. With the hospital explosion, it seemed history was repeating itself on a larger and more tragic scale.

Perhaps it was, just not in the way I thought. As I write this, it looks increasingly likely that Israel was correct about an Islamic Jihad rocket hitting Al-Ahli hospital. That, at least, is what both early American intelligence and a number of independent experts have found. If their analysis holds up, it means the best analogy for this world-convulsing event is not the killings of five boys in Gaza last year. It is the myth of a massacre at the Jenin refugee camp in 2002.

The article continues, analyzing a "Jenin (West Bank) massacre" by the Israeli IDF that probably never happened.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1