Fan Duel Cold Night In Buffalo Commercial

beerme1

Its funny, I thought that as well last week and googled it, but there was no credit anywhere for Goodman. The only place Ive been able to find confirmation is the youtube video where someone asks in the comments and FD answers yes. It sure sounded like him, but every once in a while you get a voice that sounds like someone else so you cant be sure. Gotta watch out for the knock off Morgan Freemans out there!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, beerme1 said:

I'm one of the first people to take exceptions to any cheap shotting of Buffalo. But I gotta say, this f'n commercial makes me laugh every. Damn. Time.

Kudos to John Goodman for the voiceover. Well done!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxbMtTXL9Oe/

It is pretty funny I have to say...

They even got the NFTA bus stops down pretty good although not sure about the color scheme

Just now, RochesterLifer said:

I moved to Mississippi about five months ago. We see the commercial here and my local friends enjoy laughing at (with) me about it.

my condolences, you'll be 100 lbs heavier in no time. 😂

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 3

10 hours ago, beerme1 said:

I'm one of the first people to take exceptions to any cheap shotting of Buffalo. But I gotta say, this f'n commercial makes me laugh every. Damn. Time.

Kudos to John Goodman for the voiceover. Well done!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxbMtTXL9Oe/

Had no clue that was Goodman. I'll have to pay attention next time. Or, I could just watch the link, lol. I'm such an (*^*&%^$^#sometimes.

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Haha (+1) 2

I've been seeing another commercial showing a young boy getting a Bills jersey, then getting more jerseys over the years as he meets a girl, has a family, and eventually buys a jersey for his grandchild.  

I have no idea at all what the product is that that commercial is selling, but I really love seeing the progression.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, boater said:

I wasn't sure if that commercial was showing nationally, or just locally.

It brings up sad memories. Larry Bierl, a well known homeless Amherst man froze to death in a bus shelter in 2019.

https://heartsforthehomeless.org/larry-bierl-a-cold-reminder-of-homelessness-in-western-new-york/

It's being shown nationally.  Seen it in LA several times.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Here in Memphis too.

I assume you mean Tennessee. I lived there for four years between 1976 and 1980 when I was in graduate school at what was then Memphis State University. Great city. Great mix of cultures. I just couldn’t take the weather. Way too hot and humid for me. As a lifelong western and central New Yorker I missed those cold nights in Buffalo when I was down there. In the Syracuse area now for 40+ years.

24 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I've been seeing another commercial showing a young boy getting a Bills jersey, then getting more jerseys over the years as he meets a girl, has a family, and eventually buys a jersey for his grandchild.  

I have no idea at all what the product is that that commercial is selling, but I really love seeing the progression.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It’s definitely John Goodman and I see the commercial all the time in Seattle. 

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

FanDuel's CEO is a big Bills fan. She makes sure the team is featured in a lot of their commercials.

Did not know that. Very cool! 

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

FanDuel's CEO is a big Bills fan. She makes sure the team is featured in a lot of their commercials.

That makes sense. I ad the thought recently that Buffalo is in a lot of commercials. And there are a lot of gambling commercials these days. 

48 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

I assume you mean Tennessee. I lived there for four years between 1976 and 1980 when I was in graduate school at what was then Memphis State University. Great city. Great mix of cultures. I just couldn’t take the weather. Way too hot and humid for me. As a lifelong western and central New Yorker I missed those cold nights in Buffalo when I was down there. In the Syracuse area now for 40+ years.

Yes, Memphis TN.  And the summers are HOT as you said.  But then, we moved here from Fairbanks Alaska so anything was going to feel hotter to us.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Where in MS?

You looking it?

Olive Branch, about 20 minutes from Memphis. At age 62, I decided I want to grow old with my college friends. I like the south, like this area, and am loving being back with my 45 year friends. And, 😁 I no longer own a snow shovel.

Do you live in this area?

Edited by RochesterLifer

6 hours ago, boater said:

I wasn't sure if that commercial was showing nationally, or just locally.

It brings up sad memories. Larry Bierl, a well known homeless Amherst man froze to death in a bus shelter in 2019.

https://heartsforthehomeless.org/larry-bierl-a-cold-reminder-of-homelessness-in-western-new-york/

It’s on nationally.

9 hours ago, RochesterLifer said:

Olive Branch, about 20 minutes from Memphis. At age 62, I decided I want to grow old with my college friends. I like the south, like this area, and am loving being back with my 45 year friends. And, 😁 I no longer own a snow shovel.

Do you live in this area?

No, but my daughter is considering going to MSU.  We're heading down to visit in a bunch of weeks.  

I had scouting the best wings place in starkville on my list of to-do's.  LOL  

I hear ya on the lack of desire for snow though.  Like many, I live in the mid-Atlantic area.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/7/2023 at 11:26 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

I thought it was a cheap shot. Greta joke, it gets cold in Buffalo. Buffalo is Theo not place it ever gets cold apparently!!!

That said, Buffalo has gotten a lot of love. But cold jokes are getting corny. 

It is done so well, we can afford to laugh at our own expense sometimes too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.