Dolphins @ Bills Postgame thread

djp14150

42 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Idk where he’s getting that from…the dolphins had a supremely lucky play go their way on the first two drives.  The bills had absolutely 0 difficulty scoring on offense it was pretty clear sal had that tweet backwards.  Nothing really changed at all their luck just ran out 

yeah this

it didn't look nearly as easy for Miami to score their first 14 as it did for the Bills

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

It's not like he said something we weren't all thinking at those same moments on those first couple of drives. He may need to not be so sensitive, and some people need to stop acting like they never had concerns. You're not less of a fan because you recognize the other team is cookin.  I know I had some nerves but I also had a feeling Buffalo was going to pull ahead eventually. 

There's a bit of a difference between saying you're worried about the opponents offense driving on our defense and saying they're unstoppable, you know just a little. They weren't and now he gets to take his mocking just like anyone else would for saying this. Do you think you could say something like that to your friends and not get a bunch of crap for it afterwards?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

"What a weekend it was for the AFC. The Buffalo Bills trounced the Miami Dolphins, Travis Kelce and the Kansas City Chiefs are the talk of Hollywood, the Cincinnati Bengals got hammered, and Zach Wilson might be back. Here are our takes.

Check out SportsGrid’s NFL game picks and NFL Props Picks all Season Long.

The Buffalo Bills are the Best Team in the AFC

Overreaction or Accurate Reaction? Accurate Reaction

Coming into Sunday, the Miami Dolphins were the talk of the NFL. Amid their 3-0 NFL start and a 70-point performance in Week 3, a big test against the Buffalo Bills awaited, and man, were the Bills ready. From start to finish, the Bills dominated the Dolphins 48-20 in every area of the game. Since their Week 1 loss, the Bills have outscored their opponents 123-33, giving the rest of the AFC the understanding that the Bills are for real. Like every year with the Bills, they need to execute when it matters the most in the postseason, but for now, there is no reason they aren’t the top dog in the conference. "

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/judging-afc-overreactions-and-facts-from-week-4/ar-AA1hAh4Y?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=39c39b6afc1344d69bde232a5696f05f&ei=9

• Like (+1) 1

I was discussing with my boys how the called Josh running plays had been eliminated from the playbook. We all agreed but maybe there had been one this year. Turn to TV and bam Josh walks it in for a TD. That was a good laugh!

Edited by Heathcliff
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't know who this guy is. But he has low IQ, low EQ, and a low football IQ. It amazes me how many "journalists" who cover the sport have absolutely have no feel for the game at all. My wife's opinion (she doesn't know anything about the game) is more interesting than what this hack is spewing out on his Twitter.

These hacks broadcast their opinions which are totally wrong, and then have no awareness of their own fecklessness and point the fingers at others. 

Edit referring to that other tweet by that guy "Sal." Sorry I don't know how to use this software very well.

41 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

crying-cry.gif

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

It's not like he said something we weren't all thinking at those same moments on those first couple of drives. He may need to not be so sensitive, and some people need to stop acting like they never had concerns. You're not less of a fan because you recognize the other team is cookin.  I know I had some nerves but I also had a feeling Buffalo was going to pull ahead eventually. 

I was absolutely thinking the opposite and I’m on record saying it in the gameday thread lol 

it was objectively harder for Miami to score than buffalo those first few drives…I think some of y’all are biased due to past football related traumas 😂

The bills were absolutely steamrolling the dolphins.  The dolphins had a couple flukey plays drop in to sustain drives on offense early

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I was absolutely thinking the opposite and I’m on record saying it in the gameday thread lol 

it was objectively harder for Miami to score than buffalo those first few drives…I think some of y’all are biased due to past football related traumas 😂

The bills were absolutely steamrolling the dolphins.  The dolphins had a couple flukey plays drop in to sustain drives on offense early

Yep.

They had that tip drill over the middle that should have been an easy INT, but was tipped and redirected right to Waddle instead to keep the drive alive -  I think that drive ended in an Achane score.

Edited by WideNine

50 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I can fully admit I have drought ptsd

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

There's a bit of a difference between saying you're worried about the opponents offense driving on our defense and saying they're unstoppable, you know just a little. They weren't and now he gets to take his mocking just like anyone else would for saying this. Do you think you could say something like that to your friends and not get a bunch of crap for it afterwards?

That's the difference right there. Friends is the key word. I can say stuff to my friends and they understand where I'm coming from because they know me. In  here You can the same thing that you said to a friend and get condescending remarks and mocked. Now being a journalist he should be well away of public backlash lol. 

4 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I can fully admit I have drought ptsd

Imagine the ptsd Miami fans have watching josh Allen march down the field though lol he’s done it his whole career against them 

his worst game against them is 366 total yards 2tds 2 ints (should’ve been 3 td and like 50 more yards)

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/1/2023 at 9:47 PM, Scott7975 said:

Which one of those FA Options are less likely to retire at haltime? Then you will have your answer...

Seriously, I liked what Ingram showed on pre-season and TC, it's a shame the Texans stole Alex Austin from us on cut day

• Simon unpinned this topic
15 hours ago, mannc said:

I'm not sure about this.  I think you're giving that team too much respect.  Year after year we've seen the Dolphins set the league on fire in the first 3 or 4 games, and then fold.  What happened yesterday looks like the beginning of the end for them.  Their defense can't stop anyone and the Bills put out a blueprint on how to slow down that offense.  It will be interesting to see how the Giants do against them next week.  The Giants aren't nearly as good as the Bills, but I'm sure McDermott and the boys will share what they learned with Daboll and his staff.  If the Fins lose to the Giants at home, the swoon will be in full motion...    

It's an interesting point, but I do think "past history doesn't guarantee future performance" may apply.   I think McDaniel has legit built something that's a challenge to slow or stop.  NE managed it, Buffalo managed it, but do you think the Giants, Panthers, Raiders, Jets, and Commanders will manage it?

The Giants D played like a team that is thoroughly demoralized last night on their way to a 24-3 drubbing by the Seasnakes.  They couldn't buy an offense.  Their defense is blitz blitz blitz without the manpower to shut down receivers.  I think Tua is going to feast and the hype will be back on.  I could be wrong of course

The good question is what the Dolphins defense really is.  They have talent, but people are asking valid questions about whether Fangio's scheme suits them.  They don't look as good this year as last.

Anyway I can easily see the Dolphins as a 10-7, 11-6 type team and in the playoffs. 

Oh, and we're playing the Giants in 2 weeks.  They can watch our film, but I don't think we're sharing inside scoop on our defensive schemes with them as much as you think.

After putting some time in rewatching the game, the connor Williams injury may have changed the game.  Liam Eichenberg played the worst game I can remember anyone playing.  On any level.  In any sport.  

Our DL is great.  I’m not taking anything away from them, but I don’t think Williams would have given up some of those pressures.  They would’ve been better off with 4 offensive linemen. We’re the better team….but this one player made a huge difference in their performance imo

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

After putting some time in rewatching the game, the connor Williams injury may have changed the game.  Liam Eichenberg played the worst game I can remember anyone playing.  On any level.  In any sport.  

Our DL is great.  I’m not taking anything away from them, but I don’t think Williams would have given up some of those pressures.  They would’ve been better off with 4 offensive linemen. We’re the better team….but this one player made a huge difference in their performance imo

I definitely agree but at what point does it become the dolphins front offices fault that they are just not pursuing quality offensive line depth.  They are one offensive line injury from a disaster at any given time which is the danger zone for a team starting terron armstead.  I don’t think there’s a team in the league that makes it through an entire season without having to shuffle olinemen due to injury 

I’d file that more in the flawed team category than bad luck category 

The bills for example lost two corners and were down a safety to start but they have quality depth at those positions so there wasn’t a big drop off 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

He was bad for sure but we would have had no trouble staying 3 scores ahead of them if they had capitalized on a few of their 8 drives that didn't end with a score. 

13 minutes ago, arcane said:

He was bad for sure but we would have had no trouble staying 3 scores ahead of them if they had capitalized on a few of their 8 drives that didn't end with a score. 

Yeah, probably.  He was really bad on just about every play.  

I don’t know if we’ll have our way with them in that way again.  

34 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I definitely agree but at what point does it become the dolphins front offices fault that they are just not pursuing quality offensive line depth.  They are one offensive line injury from a disaster at any given time which is the danger zone for a team starting terron armstead.  I don’t think there’s a team in the league that makes it through an entire season without having to shuffle olinemen due to injury 

I’d file that more in the flawed team category than bad luck category 

The bills for example lost two corners and were down a safety to start but they have quality depth at those positions so there wasn’t a big drop off 

W/e-  I just made a comment about how bad Eichenberg was and that his poor play had something to do with their performance, while reiterating two times how good we are on D.  Then the goalpost are moved in reply.  

another example is our DL last year.  We actually invested in backups and when the starters got hurt, our backups got crushed in the playoffs.  Beanes fault? No.  

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

At the present time, Joe Burrow is looking like a poor man's Tua Tagovailoa

I'll certainly give Burrow his injury excuse, just like I wish people did for Allen last year..  but if I'm a Bengals fan, I'm worried because A) Burrow is not Mahomes or Allen in terms of his physical talent, and B) This is likely the last year they have together before a cash-flow strapped owner gets hit with some serious financial implications for the success they've had in drafting. 

• Agree 1

Just now, NewEra said:

W/e-  I just made a comment about how bad Eichenberg was and that his poor play had something to do with their performance, while reiterating two times how good we are on D.  Then the goalpost are moved in reply.  

another example is our DL last year.  We actually invested in backups and when the starters got hurt, our backups got crushed in the playoffs.  Beanes fault? No.  

Oh i didn’t intend on moving the goalposts or disagreeing with you lol i absolutely agree with your eichenberg point.  I was just furthering the discussion…maybe I jumped the gun but the implication seemed to be that our defense is great but the rematch will be a much different game if their offensive line is fully healthy but I would be shocked if their offensive line is fully healthy for any future game is the jist of what I was saying.  

williams and armstead just absolutely cannot miss any time for them to be successful which is quite a calculated risk. 

and yea I would put some blame on beane for our pass rush completely vanishing after von went down.  Investing in backups is pointless if they’re not good 😂 literally the biggest criticism we could make of beane so far is he’s thrown a ton of money at the defensive line depth and not really gotten anywhere near the return on investment up until now. 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Poor guy.

My nose just bleeds for Coach Sal there. 

It was a reactive take, and Sal deserves to take crap for it.  Tua was the beneficiary of a lucky bounce on a fumble that could have ended his 2nd drive [Edit: and I forgot the almost-intercepted tip drill that Waddle somehow came up with]

It's not like Sal said "Miami has scored pretty quickly on their first two drives, which included 5 chunk plays of >15 yds and a lucky bounce on a fumble [and a tip drill completion].  If the Bills defense doesn't step up and figure something out, it's going to be a long day for the home team."

There's a lot of room between that and what he actually said, which was "I do not see the Bills stopping this team all day. This offense is unbelievable. It's not even hard. Everything is easy". 

Which seems like a lazy recap of the "OMG 70 points unstoppable!" media hype.  Sorry, when the Fins were beneficiaries of an Offside call and a fumble recovery, as well as a couple incomplete passes and 1 and 2 yd stuffs on runs, "everything is easy" seems over the top.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Oh i didn’t intend on moving the goalposts or disagreeing with you lol i absolutely agree with your eichenberg point.  I was just furthering the discussion…maybe I jumped the gun but the implication seemed to be that our defense is great but the rematch will be a much different game if their offensive line is fully healthy but I would be shocked if their offensive line is fully healthy for any future game is the jist of what I was saying.  

williams and armstead just absolutely cannot miss any time for them to be successful which is quite a calculated risk. 

and yea I would put some blame on beane for our pass rush completely vanishing after von went down.  Investing in backups is pointless if they’re not good 😂 literally the biggest criticism we could make of beane so far is he’s thrown a ton of money at the defensive line depth and not really gotten anywhere near the return on investment up until now. 

Williams is one of the best centers in the league and had gotten off to a torrid start.  I do think he’d have made a big difference considering how bad Eichenberg was.  Not enough to change the outcome, but it would’ve been closer imo.

our DL was great last year until injuries  took over.  Von, Rousseau, Ed, Phillips and daquan.  Not sure what else Beane was supposed to do.  He screwed up the Basham pick but he added Shaq to take his place in the rotation.  When you have that many injuries, I don’t see how you can blame the GM.  

In years past, he dropped the ball on the DL.  But he didn’t last year.  I disagree that it was his fault

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

My nose just bleeds for Coach Sal there. 

It was a reactive take, and Sal deserves to take crap for it.  Tua was the beneficiary of a lucky bounce on a fumble that could have ended his 2nd drive.

It's not like Sal said "Miami has scored pretty quickly on their first two drives, which included 5 chunk plays of >15 yds and a lucky bounce on a fumble.  If the Bills defense doesn't step up and figure something out, it's going to be a long day for the home team."

There's a lot of room between that and what he actually said, which was "I do not see the Bills stopping this team all day. This offense is unbelievable. It's not even hard. Everything is easy". 

Which seems like a lazy recap of the "OMG 70 points unstoppable!" media hype.  Sorry, when the Fins were beneficiaries of an Offside call and a fumble recovery, as well as a couple incomplete passes and 1 and 2 yd stuffs on runs, "everything is easy" seems over the top.

Yep. Nobody laps up media hype better than the media itself. 

15 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

yeah this

it didn't look nearly as easy for Miami to score their first 14 as it did for the Bills

I can't dispute perception, but just factually, the Dolphins took fewer plays to score (7 and 7 vs 8 and 10) and less time (4:11 and 3:23 vs 4:10 and 5:20).

They did have a lucky bounce on that fumble recovery, and that "tip drill" interception that somehow was caught and resulted in a huge pass play for Waddle.

So I don't have too much trouble with Sal going "well they scored pretty easily on their first 2 drives" but the rest of it - faugh.

16 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Then he wasn't paying attention there were clear signs that there were plays to be made they just needed to make them. Once they started to low and behold look what happened.

Right, when you have your first drive sustained on an almost-intercepted pass that your receiver manages to come down with on a tip drill, and your second sustained on a fumble recovery, it may be a sign that everything is NOT easy, and while it went your way those two times just wait.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Eric Wood said on WGR yesterday he thought Eichenberg played pretty well for a back up. Maybe Wood was reluctant to be critical of the guy, but take it for what it’s worth. I trust Wood’s opinion more than the above. 

A very nice breakdown from Acho, of all people.

Sad thing is his media persona is so annoying and looking for controversial reactions that it overshadows his actual football knowledge. In these #AchoAnswers segments he's really good at not only breaking things down but simplifying things so everyone can understand. 

Wish sports coverage was more like this again.

• Like (+1) 6

10 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Eric Wood said on WGR yesterday he thought Eichenberg played pretty well for a back up. Maybe Wood was reluctant to be critical of the guy, but take it for what it’s worth. I trust Wood’s opinion more than the above. 

Eric Wood must be blind or CTE ridden.  

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

A very nice breakdown from Acho, of all people.

Sad thing is his media persona is so annoying and looking for controversial reactions that it overshadows his actual football knowledge. In these #AchoAnswers segments he's really good at not only breaking things down but simplifying things so everyone can understand. 

Wish sports coverage was more like this again.

It's like some sort of ####### affectation, even a guy like Nick Wright has had moments where you can see him turn off the blind Chiefs homer/hater off and is a guy that seems to know what he's talking about. But I guess that just doesn't get enough clicks. 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's like some sort of ####### affectation, even a guy like Nick Wright has had moments where you can see him turn off the blind Chiefs homer/hater off and is a guy that seems to know what he's talking about. But I guess that just doesn't get enough clicks. 🤷‍♂️

Exactly. They know what to get clicks. It's too bad too because some of these guys have a lot of really good knowledge. Then again, the stuff they do that shows knowledge gets ignored while asinine comments get played on repeat. Says a lot about the average viewer as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.