Dolphins @ Bills Postgame thread

djp14150

there is not a phrase that has ever spread faster than the giving of flowers did these past couple of weeks. I kept waiting all week for someone in the media that said it to chuckle or reveal it was said ironically, but nope.

Bold move by the script writers to make Eric Bienemy an influencer

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I doubt it. I don't think he is under contract so we wouldn't get a pick.

Frazier is definitely still under contract with the Bills. Has not been officially fired and he has not retired. If he ever wants to come back to the NFL, we control that.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Frazier is definitely still under contract with the Bills. Has not been officially fired and he has not retired. If he ever wants to come back to the NFL, we control that.

Can you link a source that shows Frazier is definitely still under contract with the Bills?  I ask because I remember reading last off season that his contract was expiring.

26 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen also has the Pats number.  Since 2020 he's what 6 - 1 with the only loss being in a hurricane.  And the last 5 wins have been by double digit or more.

The Jets are the worst match up for us. They can pressure and stop the run with their front 4  and have DBs that can play man or zone if they want to bring an extra rusher.

They force offenses to be very patient, and that has been our Achilles heel. I don't expect any offense to hang a lot of points on them so that is just how you have to play them.

They have invested so heavily on defense that the kind of offense they can run is limited. They nailed a very good running back and if he had stayed healthy their ball control offense would have been a nasty compliment to their stingy defense.

Weak sauce on that flag on Sauce last night, but DBs are getting away with a lot of contact this year. Refs can throw the hanky on just about any play and Gardner had a hook on the receiver at his break so got the call.

They could throw it anytime and chose that key drive. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Can you link a source that shows Frazier is definitely still under contract with the Bills?  I ask because I remember reading last off season that his contract was expiring.

Don't have one and in fairness, they have been purposely tight-lipped about his actually status, so I may have been a bit too strong in my statements. But I remember that "expiring contract" talk as well, and it was debunked, at least at the time...

edit: here's another link:

https://www.wxxinews.org/local-news/2023-02-28/bills-dc-frazier-taking-a-year-off-plans-to-return-in-2024

While Frazier, who is still under contract with the Bills, intends to return to coaching, Beane said it's not clear whether that will be with Buffalo.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not sure if this is posted but the GMFB segment on the win is great — I didn't know about the "Hmmm" emoji 🤔 things and Josh and Steff mocking the Phins with the "Hmmm" expression. Goes to show that the players read the social media and see these things, despite what they say about not paying attention to the "noise."

Gunner can ignore as he hates Brandt but most of us should enjoy this.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/gmfb-reacts-to-bills-week-4-win-vs-dolphins

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Not sure if this is posted but the GMFB segment on the win is great — I didn't know about the "Hmmm" emoji 🤔 things and Josh and Steff mocking the Phins with the "Hmmm" expression. Goes to show that the players read the social media and see these things, despite what they say about not paying attention to the "noise."

Definitely worth the watch. Who hates KB? He’s a bills fan on national media? Geez. 

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

McDermott definitely exposed a few things that other teams will use against Miami in the future. 

However, scheme alone only gets you so far - you have to have the horses and they have to execute. 

We have some very good, and even underrated, players on defense.  For example, most teams do not have LBs that fly to the ball like Milano and Bernard.   

I admit I did think that Bernard might regress a bit to the mean this week after such a huge week previously.  I was wrong.

Bernard is so impressive with his communication and choreographing of the D alignments, it's like he is an on-field extension of McDermott.

I was amazed when he was physically moving D-linemen to specific gaps while barking to the entire defense.  

Does this guy really know exactly what Sean wants to do or what!  The way the vets listen to his every command is something else.

• Like (+1) 9

15 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Video player went into the next video and I guess Dorsey was also their coach of the week, which awesome he was great, but how is it not McDermott honestly?

Edited by Warcodered

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Don't have one and in fairness, they have been purposely tight-lipped about his actually status, so I may have been a bit too strong in my statements. But I remember that "expiring contract" talk as well, and it was debunked, at least at the time...

edit: here's another link:

https://www.wxxinews.org/local-news/2023-02-28/bills-dc-frazier-taking-a-year-off-plans-to-return-in-2024

awkward….

French Reaction GIF

28 minutes ago, WideNine said:

The Jets are the worst match up for us. They can pressure and stop the run with their front 4  and have DBs that can play man or zone if they want to bring an extra rusher.

They force offenses to be very patient, and that has been our Achilles heel. I don't expect any offense to hang a lot of points on them so that is just how you have to play them.

They have invested so heavily on defense that the kind of offense they can run is limited. They nailed a very good running back and if he had stayed healthy their ball control offense would have been a nasty compliment to their stingy defense.

Weak sauce on that flag on Sauce last night, but DBs are getting away with a lot of contact this year. Refs can throw the hanky on just about any play and Gardner had a hook on the receiver at his break so got the call.

They could throw it anytime and chose that key drive. 

I just can’t understand why the dolphins didn’t look at what the jets are doing and try to emulate it.  The dolphins are 100% win now from a front office perspective but their team needs to rely on winning a shootout against josh Allen and the bills defense to win the division. their team is built completely backwards to compete with the top dogs in the AFC. Tua is not gonna win a shootout/track meet against mahomes or josh Allen.  If the bengals don’t get their offensive line turned around the dolphins match up pretty well with them at least because pretty much all they’ve loaded up with on the defensive side is pass rushers 

the jets could pick up a veteran qb for relatively cheap and they are at the same level of being a contender as the dolphins…it may be less fun to watch than what the dolphins are doing but who cares 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

57 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Bills had a playoff game in which they played a top 3 defense and scored a TD on every single offensive possession. Why was that offense not called revolutionary? That’s a far more impressive feat than 70 points against a terrible defense. 

The media completely overreacted to Miami. I am not saying Miami won’t still be a good team with a high powered offense but they were far too overhyped mostly off of one game

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Video player went into the next video and I guess Dorsey was also their coach of the week, which awesome he was great, but how is it not McDermott honestly?

Sorry, not sure why this happened. I checked the link and it works for me.

It's from the BuffaloBills.com website:

'GMFB' reacts to Bills Week 4 win vs. Dolphins.

"GMFB" reacts to the Buffalo Bills Week 4 win vs. the Miami Dolphins from the 2023 NFL regular season.

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It’s an awkward situation where people are likely gonna blame the dolphins for not being as good as people thought more than giving credit to the bills defense.

it’s entirely possible that the dolphins offense is that good and McDermott put together a masterful gameplan though. 

people only really remember 13 seconds and the bengals smoking us in the playoffs which is not surprising but the bills have had some stellar defensive performances in big games too.  That 17-3 playoff win over the ravens was pretty impressive and he has made mahomes look pretty bad the last few meetings too

obviously yesterday was a great effort on the defensive side as well  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Sorry, not sure why this happened. I checked the link and it works for me.

It's from the BuffaloBills.com website:

'GMFB' reacts to Bills Week 4 win vs. Dolphins.

"GMFB" reacts to the Buffalo Bills Week 4 win vs. the Miami Dolphins from the 2023 NFL regular season.

No I got the right video I was just saying video player sent me to that next one.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Bills had a playoff game in which they played a top 3 defense and scored a TD on every single offensive possession. Why was that offense not called revolutionary? That’s a far more impressive feat than 70 points against a terrible defense. 

The media completely overreacted to Miami. I am not saying Miami won’t still be a good team with a high powered offense but they were far too overhyped mostly off of one game

I get that during the season NFL coverage is largely (over)reactionary and bombastic since it is all really just marketing for the NFL. But I cannot believe how deep folks, who should all know better, fully bought into the Dolphins as a team that was regularly going to score 40+, 50+ points a game. In the NFL!

Like, WTF are they thinking.

Anyone with half a functioning brain saw that Denver game and could clearly see the Broncos lay down and stop tackling.

It blows my mind that people who have been around football for decades are somehow surprised the Dolphins came back down to Earth (and got buried in it).

I guess folks just love South Beach, and any possibility of going there to cover the team.

giphy.gif

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Irv said:

How does Allen get a "perfect" passer rating with four misses?  I'm not familiar with the calculation.   

It’s a crazy mathematical formula based on yards per pass and completion percentage and turnovers

a perfect score requires 77.5% completion percentage, 12.5 yards per attempt, no ints.  There’s quite a few steps along the way where if you are over a certain number it gets rounded down so you don’t need to complete every pass to hit the max number 

• Like (+1) 1

So Allen finished wit ha perfect 158.3 passing rating.  I don't follow that level of detail much, so is that a somewhat common thing league wide?  Like typically on any given Sunday does one QB in the league have a perfect rating? Or is it once a month it might happen, twice a year??  How rare/common is it?

OK so just answered my own question, decided to look it up, thank you Google!!

Since 2010 there have been 17 "perfect" games, 2 by Brady and Lamar, Allen is the first one to occur since Brady in Dec 2020  Brady, Peyton and Big Ben have all had 3 lifetime.  Couple names you'd be a bit surprised to see on the list as not considered a great QB, Geno Smith, Alex Smith, Mariota, and Cousins

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

9 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So Allen finished wit ha perfect 158.3 passing rating.  I don't follow that level of detail much, so is that a somewhat common thing league wide?  Like typically on any given Sunday does one QB in the league have a perfect rating? Or is it once a month it might happen, twice a year??  How rare/common is it?

Not common at all, requires a very high completion percentage and yards per attempt.  You need over 77.5% completion percentage, no ints, and 12.5 yards per attempt 

tua did not hit the max in the 70 point game against the broncos that should tell you how hard it is haha Mike white hit it on two passes though 😂

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I get that during the season NFL coverage is largely (over)reactionary and bombastic since it is all really just marketing for the NFL. But I cannot believe how deep folks, who should all know better, fully bought into the Dolphins as a team that was regularly going to score 40+, 50+ points a game. In the NFL!

Like, WTF are they thinking.

Anyone with half a functioning brain saw that Denver game and could clearly see the Broncos lay down and stop tackling.

It blows my mind that people who have been around football for decades are somehow surprised the Dolphins came back down to Earth (and got buried in it).

I guess folks just love South Beach, and any possibility of going there to cover the team.

giphy.gif

They really were comparing the Fins offense to the Greatest Show on Turf, The Manning Colts, the 2007 Pats and 2013 Broncos. That’s insane. 

There was a pundit (I think McCourty) on NFL Network who stated that nothing Miami was doing was things that the league hadn’t seen before. The host of the panel stated that she had never seen two players in motion crossing before the snap. McCourty stated that is called Ghost Motion teams esp Shanny offenses run it.

Miami is running Shanny concepts slightly modified to take advantage of insanely fast players. That’s smart but that’s not a completely new scheme.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Imagine trading a 1st round pick and signing Bradley Chubb to 5/$110M, and then the Bills go out and sign Leonard Floyd in FA for $7M. :lol:

Life is good.

They absolutely tanked their rebuild with that trade and the Brady tampering.  Those two firsts could’ve gone a long way if used correctly 

the hill trade they traded pretty much all their wiggle room if they made a front office misstep for a great player 

If they added a linebacker that’s a beast in coverage and a good corner to play across from Ramsey Kohou could go back to the slot where he belongs and their defense would have a shot at being good 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They absolutely tanked their rebuild with that trade and the Brady tampering.  Those two firsts could’ve gone a long way if used correctly 

The Brady one hurts badly. At least Chubb was a solid young player when they acquired him. That move could still be productive. But that Brady one basically cost them a first round pick for nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.