Well Rounded, Complete, 3 Phase Football Game!

Wizard

So nice to see a complete game today.

Amazing defensive play with 7 sacks and 4 picks.

Allen was efficient.

Running game had good moments with and without Allen.

Bass did his thing with 3 field goals.

Martin boomed his punt when needed.

Great all-around game. Would have liked to see Diggs or Kincaid in the endzone and one of those field goals a touchdown, but all phases of the game were very good today.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Offense was a B+, defense was an A++, special teams was an A. The offense played mostly complementary and just chipped away to build a two score lead before the game got away from the Commanders. Offense should have been able to build a three possession sooner but that’s all the nitpicking i can do honestly 

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Josh and the defense bailed Dorsey out who tried to give the game away with his horrendous play calling. 

I don’t think all the play calling is horrendous, but there are moments. I will never understand throwing it on 4th and 18 inches, Josh is 6’5” 240. If you are going to pass put him under center and make it look like a sneak. And why a jet sweep with a new guy?

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, chris heff said:

I don’t think all the play calling is horrendous, but there are moments. I will never understand throwing it on 4th and 18 inches, Josh is 6’5” 240. If you are going to pass put him under center and make it look like a sneak. And why a jet sweep with a new guy?

Obviously not EVERYTHING is bad with Dorsey but there’s enough bad on a consistent basis that make me believe he is just incredibly lucky to have Josh cover up his poor designs and calls.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Obviously not EVERYTHING is bad with Dorsey but there’s enough bad on a consistent basis that make me believe he is just incredibly lucky to have Josh cover up his poor designs and calls.

Dorseys play calling is like penalties.   its all about the bad timing that mulitplies the impact

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Josh and the defense bailed Dorsey out who tried to give the game away with his horrendous play calling. 

Again I’ll repeat. Why’d we draft Kincaid 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/lions-sam-laporta-has-18-catches-most-ever-for-a-tight-end-in-his-first-three-nfl-games

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, balln said:

I’ve said it before but it seems like there’s no plan to get him involved. 

We have this problem where we are totally incapable of scheming guys open. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Offense was a B+, defense was an A++, special teams was an A. The offense played mostly complementary and just chipped away to build a two score lead before the game got away from the Commanders. Offense should have been able to build a three possession sooner but that’s all the nitpicking i can do honestly 

I was disappointed with so many 2nd & 10's in the first half.  Dorsey has to find a way of getting better separation by his wrs.  The throws behind the LOS are worthless because we still don't have YAC personnel. I'd give the Offense a B. The D ( A+) destroyed any chance that WFT had.

• Eyeroll 1

What the Bills o-line did to an excellent front four was amazing.  There will be a few naysayers that want to point to a small number of bad plays but they are missing the real story.  I was most surprised by the effectiveness of the power run blocking.  They blew some really good players off the ball on multiple plays.  Right now there isn't a team in the AFC that has a d-line as good as Washington.  Knowing that, I believe we are seeing the formula that the Bills will be using to play aggressive defense, move the ball with a balanced offense, and dominate the time of possession. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Agree that the Bills played a pretty good game, but the QB for the Skins had probably his worst day ever, and it wasn’t because the defense forced him to throw those picks, rather, he just made some God awful decisions with the ball…sort of like JA17 did against the Jets a few weeks ago. If the Bills don’t get those 4 INTs, it’s likely a much different game. Just like if JA17 didn’t turn the ball over 4 times, the Bills probably would have won that game (against a team with a less than average QB). Turnovers are a BIG DEAL. 😉

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

What the Bills o-line did to an excellent front four was amazing.  There will be a few naysayers that want to point to a small number of bad plays but they are missing the real story.  I was most surprised by the effectiveness of the power run blocking.  They blew some really good players off the ball on multiple plays.  Right now there isn't a team in the AFC that has a d-line as good as Washington.  Knowing that, I believe we are seeing the formula that the Bills will be using to play aggressive defense, move the ball with a balanced offense, and dominate the time of possession. 

Torrence was touted as being the best guard in the draft and he has lived up to that hype. McGovern has played above his “solid but unspectacular” billing. Both players have really improved the play of the offensive line as Morse and Dawkins have continued good play (Dawkins looks even better this season) and Brown has been at least a bit better than he was last season as well.

But the biggest difference has been the guard play. It making a big impact 

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Wizard said:

Allen was efficient.

Great all-around game. Would have liked to see Diggs or Kincaid in the endzone and one of those field goals a touchdown, but all phases of the game were very good today.

Go Bills!

Yeah, really sweet!

I didn’t love our passing game at all. Gabe Davis just isn’t it. I’m sorry if this upsets people. He’s a decent WR with an elite QB so he will put up numbers but he doesn’t bring anything to the table.

Plus they handed off to Davis one time. What are they thinking on that play? Davis has zero running ability.

Its weird. This game was probably the game I hated most from Dorsey.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Dislike 1

18 hours ago, Wizard said:

Allen was efficient.

Go Bills!

9 sacks.  9.

It was a good win but I think it's suspect to ignore that the only consistent WR on the field was Diggs yet again. 

I'm not going to pretend that I know for sure if it's Dorsey or the other WRs not executing, but I think Dorsey needs to do more to get guys involved like Kincaid. 

Davis can't only be getting 1 catch a game and be your #2 WR. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.