Was Allen concussed? Speculation with some circumstantial evidence.

Einstein

17 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

It's possible, but unlikely. 

The problem is that Allen has played exactly like this in multiple games over multiple years.

His only diagnosed concussion was 2019 when he got knocked out of the game vs Patriots and was available the next week. 

If his erratic play was from an un-diagnosed concussion it seems likely that he's had multiple un-diagnosed concussions. While I think that's a possibility I think it's a pretty slim chance. 

You think there is a slim chance that a football player has played through multiple undiagnosed concussions in their career? Lol! There is an entire movie with Will Smith about this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

My coworker (not a bills fan) said that Josh got hit in the head right before he dropped the ball. 

I think someone on here pointed out after the game that Josh hit his head/was hit on the head three times during the game. I think the rest of us (me included) were so wrapped up in the sporting disaster which had just occured that we didn't really take it on board or consider it. I've lost track but I think the video in the OP is of the second hit.

Maybe he was fine. And, as said before, Josh has a record of bad plays when he hasn't been hit on the head. But I do wish they had treated him in the same way Jimmy G was against the Broncos - withdraw him and have him assessed before returning if cleared.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

You think there is a slim chance that a football player has played through multiple undiagnosed concussions in their career? Lol! There is an entire movie with Will Smith about this.

And concussion protocols have gotten a lot better since then. Obviously they aren't perfect (see: Tua) but I think it's a lot more difficult for guys to play through concussions in the current NFL. 

28 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I believe you’re thinking of this play: 

I was at the game and actually thought the booth was going to pull him into the tent to check. I was surprised this wasn’t the incident cited in this post. 

It felt like he hit hard from sitting in the lower bowl. 

Edited by Mango

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I was at the game and actually thought the booth was going to pull him into the tent to check. I was surprised this wasn’t the incident cited in this post. 

The decline happened right after the hit mentioning in the first post. That’s the only reason I used it.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I have absolutely noticed in games before where when Josh takes a hit to the head (I remember seeing something similar in the Houston playoff game) that sometimes his play gets drastically worse.  

It's certainly possible.

Didn't the same thing happen in the Green Bay game last year? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

With 4:55 remaining in the 3rd quarter, Josh Allen stumbled forward and while on the ground, was hit in the back of the head by a very large and very heavy Quinnen Williams. The video of the hit is in the tweet below.

Circumstantial evidence:

1) In the video, you can see Quinnen Williams land on Allens head area. Once Quinnen rolls away, Allen raises his head for a moment, and then lowers his head back down to the turf (perhaps trying to compose himself) before getting back up. 

2) The very next play, Allen threw an interception into double coverage.

3) Prior to this hit, Allen was 21 of 25, 1 TD, 1 INT (84% passing)

4) After this hit, Allen went 8 of 16, 0 TD, 2 INT, 1 Lost Fumble (50% passing)

Or it could also simply be coincidence. That is also possible.

The video:

Mods/@Simon - If this post is better suited within another thread, please feel free to merge. I just thought it was an interesting topic. 

Green Bayesque??

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

With 4:55 remaining in the 3rd quarter, Josh Allen stumbled forward and while on the ground, was hit in the back of the head by a very large and very heavy Quinnen Williams. The video of the hit is in the tweet below.

Circumstantial evidence:

1) In the video, you can see Quinnen Williams land on Allens head area. Once Quinnen rolls away, Allen raises his head for a moment, and then lowers his head back down to the turf (perhaps trying to compose himself) before getting back up. 

2) The very next play, Allen threw an interception into double coverage.

3) Prior to this hit, Allen was 21 of 25, 1 TD, 1 INT (84% passing)

4) After this hit, Allen went 8 of 16, 0 TD, 2 INT, 1 Lost Fumble (50% passing)

Or it could also simply be coincidence. That is also possible.

The video:

Mods/@Simon - If this post is better suited within another thread, please feel free to merge. I just thought it was an interesting topic. 

This is pretty much BS.  After what happened with Tua the league, team medical staff and players are likely on high alert for symptoms.  The fact that no one spotted any symptoms on the field, on the sidelines, or in the building on the days following the game is significant.  

17 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

This is pretty much BS.  After what happened with Tua the league, team medical staff and players are likely on high alert for symptoms.  The fact that no one spotted any symptoms on the field, on the sidelines, or in the building on the days following the game is significant.  

Except teams and players been hiding it for years. Players hide it and teams are willfully ignorant 

I do believe josh was getting hit and sacked a lot. Whipped to the ground, hits to back of head etc. Jets defense is tough and the refs were fine with it.

Then again, some of those hits josh is a running back so he is bringing them on himself...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Interesting.  Thanks for putting this together.  The stats pre and post hit are telling. 

Definitely looks like a possibility.  Massive dude smashing you in the back of your head while you’re on the ground. 

Watch the Cover 1 film breakdown

Jets baited hero ball Josh, Josh bailed on the OL - Morse had a rough night, easy throws were there - he didn't take them, some arm arrogance on the undercut Whitehead INT (josh hit the same play in Detroit last year though, but he had Diggs and the TE open for the first. He just pressed and pressed some more and made some bad decisions

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.