Was Allen concussed? Speculation with some circumstantial evidence.

Einstein

28 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Hang on, what?

Did I send Allen hate mail with death threats or post a fair (two words?) critisism of his performance on a message board discussing football? Is this not what we are on this board to do? Where did I just off any proverbial ship other than suggest fans are excusing away Allen’s play? What’s that have to do with him, my fandom and level of support or belief in this team?

My comments were more geared toward the fans perception and theories than anything Allen related. I’m unsure as to why this post seems to have trigged a response where as there a hundred of much worse, harsher and irrational takes out there. 

Your post is irrational. This is the insecure girlfriend yelling “why don’t you love me anymore?!” Blowing a simple and generally accepted idea out of proportion for what, to one up others as you are holier as a fan because you’d rather accept any other reason that Allen played bad aside from what it was: Allen played bad.  Let’s call a spade, a spade. 

He was utterly awful (as previously stated, I’ll say it again, sorry if it offends you) in the 2nd half. If you know anything about my posting, I am very pro-Allen (who isn’t!). I even in another thread stated how well he played in the first half. That being said, I’m also not a blind homer. Anyone can see that’s a fair criticism to make, to a board of fans, discussing football. If you want harmony and positivity, try seasame street.

I’m not asking for blind homerism, but at the same time you questioned the possibility of Josh being concussed by the Williams hit as an excuse for his performance. The guy plays with disregard for his safety. He should show more discipline but I guess the adrenaline of that 1st game was too much. He shouldn’t be run through the ringer by red hots like many on the board. He’s the best QB we’ve ever had and his record says he earned a pass.

If Josh had a concussion that affected him that much it would have shown up as more severe conditions later. Didn’t happen just like the concussion didn’t happen. There are multiple factors that lead to poor decisions or what appeared to be poor decisions during the game. With multiple new players the offense, including Josh, needed to spend more time together in preseason games.

The concussion topic was earlier in the game.  He went face first into the ground.  

It's possible. 

BTW I also thought he was concussion against Packers last year when he got rocked on goal line.   He was never the same after that hit.   Started throwing picks. 2 against GB were inexcusable....same this week. 

I think he was concussed on this one.  The Williams hit later didn't help either. 

https://atozsports.com/buffalo/bills-josh-allen-may-have-suffered-a-concussion-during-the-jets-game-nfl-news/

On 9/14/2023 at 12:06 PM, Einstein said:

Well, yeah, he didn't play the rest of that game. You can't turn the ball over if you're not on the field.

It's called cumulative effects. 

On 9/14/2023 at 11:44 AM, gobills404 said:

I think he got concussed gain at the Jets last year too. And in the 2nd half of the packers game. And the 2nd half of the Vikings game. And in the playoffs last year. And against the Jags and Falcons in 2021. 

I think so at Packers game. For real. 

On 9/14/2023 at 12:56 PM, Einstein said:

I wasn't intentionally trying to be obtuse.

This scenario is one in which we speculate if he had a concussion in-game, and if that concussion (in-game) affected his plays (in-game). 

No one is making the argument that it would affect him next week against the Raiders.

Therefore, I don't see how the comparison to the New England game, where he left the game and didn't play until the following week, has any standing.

Be honest. You looked up (to make sure) the meaning of obtuse.  I mean I didn't or anything. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown

Now that that report came out with who was fine with what for this last week and how Quincy Williams got fined twice it’s time to start taking a look at the hits the Josh Allen took

I think, and it’s just my opinion that there is some thing to be said about Josh Allen possibly being concussed he’s too much of a dog to ever come out of a game so you have to take a look at the place and the amount of times that he took his whenever he was on the ground of which there were at least two both by Quin Williams

You don’t want that monster landing on your quarterback

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Now that that report came out with who was fine with what for this last week and how Quincy Williams got fined twice it’s time to start taking a look at the hits the Josh Allen took

I think, and it’s just my opinion that there is some thing to be said about Josh Allen possibly being concussed he’s too much of a dog to ever come out of a game so you have to take a look at the place and the amount of times that he took his whenever he was on the ground of which there were at least two both by Quin Williams

Yep, agree 100%. What is also pretty amazing is that the two jacka**es calling the game said NOTHING about that blatant, late hit. Josh was way down before that fat Quin piled on, and went for his head too.

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I can’t believe when talking about the Jets, you have to qualify “which” Quin Williams you’re talking about.  Like, wtf 😂

(Wasn’t it QuinNEN Williams?)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.