Top 10 Silver Linings From Tonight's Game

MPL

Well that was drag. But it's a long season and we've got to keep our spirits high. So here are tonight's top 10 silver linings!

1. We only have to play the Jets defense once more this year!
2. We might finally suck enough to draft a #2 WR like Tee Higgins!
3. We can free up a roster space by cutting Sam Martin since Josh Allen has assumed the role of punter!
4. We looked this bad in the 2021 opener and look how we ended that season! 
5. We probably won't have to hear about the Jets being Super Bowl bound anymore!
6. Josh Allen quickly ended his MVP bid so he can lighten up and play more loose and free!
7. Turns out Leslie Frazier wasn't the issue with the run D!
8. Josh Allen didn't puke before the game!
9. Statistics say Josh Allen has to win an overtime game at some point. Best to save it for a time when it really matters!
10. There's no way this game wasn't scripted! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think this game might finally wake Josh Allen the ***** up and he will stop being a turnover machine. He is the single reason we lost this game and he knows it and he knows he’s sucked. If the result of this loss gets him to finally realize that a lot of good will come from it. 

on the flip side of this game doesn’t teach him that we are screwed.

• Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Dorsey has a good game plan...keep chipping away with runs, short throws, screens. Take 3-4 yards wherever its given. Then Josh Allen decides..imma keep chucking this thing as far as I can. Josh cannot play chess with elite defenses our defense played well enough that throwing it at ankles or taking a sack and punting the ball isnt a bad thing, make Wilson drive the field every possession. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

On a positive note, we only have to wait 6 days for a chance at redemption, as opposed to the Chiefs, who have to wait 10. Anyway, we often start slow. Remember 2021? We lost to Pittsburgh, but then finished hot, being the better team against the Chiefs in the playoffs.

6 hours ago, 4th&long said:

I think this game might finally wake Josh Allen the ***** up and he will stop being a turnover machine. He is the single reason we lost this game and he knows it and he knows he’s sucked. If the result of this loss gets him to finally realize that a lot of good will come from it. 

I’m sick of his postgame ‘I have to be better’ and then he isn’t.

Without a major change to coaching, I don’t see it being any different.  He loves hero ball.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m thinking what happened with Josh last night could turnout to be a blessing in disguise. During this offseason we have heard a lot of talk from him about wanting to change his ways from trying to do too much and putting himself and the team in harms way with foolish pass attempts leading to INT’s, reckless runs where he takes unnecessary hits and costly fumbles where he fails to protect the ball well enough. So last night he immediately showed talk is cheap and carrying through with these assurances and promises is hard to do. It’s not as easy a flipping a light switch.

Now after this prime time embarrassment where he single-handedly lost the game for the team he hopefully will see that you just can’t talk about changing. Better this happen now and he rights his own ship than he coasts along well into the season being somewhat true to his word, but not totally and the Josh we saw last night rears it’s ugly head in a really important game late in the season.

So hopefully what happened last night will finally be the last straw to make JA do what it takes to be true to his words. If so it might just be exactly what the doctor ordered.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, 4th&long said:

How many times are we going to say this?

1 minute ago, JMM said:

I’ve never said it. He says it but never follow thru on it. My hope is that the embarrassment of the loss and the fact that it can be pinned totally on him finally changes him. 

he thrown bad picks before but I don’t think a loss could be pinned squarely on him like that since his rookie season probably.

36 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

I’m sick of his postgame ‘I have to be better’ and then he isn’t.

Without a major change to coaching, I don’t see it being any different.  He loves hero ball.

I haven't listened to post game bs in years.  I let their play do the talking.

7 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Allen is on pace for 68 turnovers. Will Allen lead the league in TOs? 

he does right now and appears to have what it takes to maintain the lead!

Like I said to my wife at 6am today, with Alabama and Buffalo both losing, i can relax and enjoy football season as a passive observer rather than investing so much emotional energy into it, inevitably ending in crushing disappointment.  Another upside is that tee times are easier to get at 1p Sunday!

5 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

And Tre needs to tackle!!! He was awful last night.

yeah tre is toast.  he's too skinny to fight with the new breed of WRs

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

he does right now and appears to have what it takes to maintain the lead!

Like I said to my wife at 6am today, with Alabama and Buffalo both losing, i can relax and enjoy football season as a passive observer rather than investing so much emotional energy into it, inevitably ending in crushing disappointment.  Another upside is that tee times are easier to get at 1p Sunday!

yeah tre is toast.  he's too skinny to fight with the new breed of WRs

Spot on - just slides right off. It is embarrassing and meanwhile Elam is inactive. 

8 hours ago, 4th&long said:

We honestly say this every time. We keep waiting. We need an OC that holds him accountable. No one holds him accountable for going off script. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

We honestly say this every time. We keep waiting. We need an OC that holds him accountable. No one holds him accountable for going off script. 

I hear ya. I was just hoping this one will finally sink in because of the magnitude of it. He has made bad plays and cost us before but not like this. To me this game falls squarely on his shoulders. Those 4 turnovers were just brutal. We win that game 13-3 or so without them. Good enough for me. If that is not a wake up call he will never have one.

10 hours ago, 4th&long said:

he's too stupid or stubborn.  He was the reason we lost games last season and never improved.  I'm "sell" on JA until he proves he can improve.  All the talent, none of the desire.  

2 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

someone needs to get in his face on the sideline, and call him out publicly.  McD needs to do this, and Daboll needs to be in his ear.  I'd even bench his a@@ at some point if that's what it takes.  

41 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

he's too stupid or stubborn.  He was the reason we lost games last season and never improved.  I'm "sell" on JA until he proves he can improve.  All the talent, none of the desire.  

someone needs to get in his face on the sideline, and call him out publicly.  McD needs to do this, and Daboll needs to be in his ear.  I'd even bench his a@@ at some point if that's what it takes.  

Daboll is coaching the Giants. 

11 hours ago, MPL said:

Well that was drag. But it's a long season and we've got to keep our spirits high. So here are tonight's top 10 silver linings!

1. We only have to play the Jets defense once more this year!
2. We might finally suck enough to draft a #2 WR like Tee Higgins!
3. We can free up a roster space by cutting Sam Martin since Josh Allen has assumed the role of punter!
4. We looked this bad in the 2021 opener and look how we ended that season! 
5. We probably won't have to hear about the Jets being Super Bowl bound anymore!
6. Josh Allen quickly ended his MVP bid so he can lighten up and play more loose and free!
7. Turns out Leslie Frazier wasn't the issue with the run D!
8. Josh Allen didn't puke before the game!
9. Statistics say Josh Allen has to win an overtime game at some point. Best to save it for a time when it really matters!
10. There's no way this game wasn't scripted! 

Offensive Line was very good in Pass Pro against a tough DL.

2 hours ago, 4th&long said:

I hear ya. I was just hoping this one will finally sink in because of the magnitude of it. He has made bad plays and cost us before but not like this. To me this game falls squarely on his shoulders. Those 4 turnovers were just brutal. We win that game 13-3 or so without them. Good enough for me. If that is not a wake up call he will never have one.

He needs to go watch film on Brady. There were entire stretches of games where Brady threw short passes 95% of the time. Why? Because he was coached to and listened. And they were successful 

5 hours ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

So hopefully what happened last night will finally be the last straw to make JA do what it takes to be true to his words. If so it might just be exactly what the doctor ordered.

That's what people were saying after the Cincinnati game. And the Miami game. And after an offseason when he was roasted as a turnover machine.

No, if he hasn't gotten it yet, after six years in the league, he likely won't ever get it. We have to accept who he is: a very entertaining, very exciting player who simply cannot or will not play cautiously. It may still be enough to go all the way. 

5 hours ago, JMM said:

Literally every week since week 7 last year. It was a joke in one of my group texts this morning. "Copy and Paste from last year"

"Maybe this is the loss/performance the guys need to wake them up and McD will light a fire under them"

It was 12 weeks of it last year, an entire offseason, and now this... It isnt going to happen. There is no waking up or lighting fires with this team. I put that on McD.

3 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

The OC wont hold him accountable because the OC would make those same decisions. That's the problem.

54 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

it's absolutely crazy that this is even in the discussion here but i said it last night in the 4th quarter -  I was sure at that point the Bills were going to lose, there was zero energy, D was gassed (though had played well), allen looked drunk and scared.  What's to lose at this point, sit him, kyle allen can throw an interception just as well as Josh.  Allen need to get his head together. that post game presser was pitiful, and unbecoming of a team captain.  Lots of feeling sorry for himself like he's 13 years old

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Pirate Angel said:

Dorsey has a good game plan...keep chipping away with runs, short throws, screens. Take 3-4 yards wherever its given. Then Josh Allen decides..imma keep chucking this thing as far as I can. Josh cannot play chess with elite defenses our defense played well enough that throwing it at ankles or taking a sack and punting the ball isnt a bad thing, make Wilson drive the field every possession. 

All tat chipping away led to 1 FG.  The TD was a result of Allen pushing the ball downfield a bit (the strike to Davis comes to mind) and Allen doing freaky things outside the pocket for tyhe Diggs TD.

Allen completed over 70% of his passes and hit 9 of his first 10 throws. 

The first 2 Allen INT's did no damage to the Bills.  The first was on 3rd & long and was the equivalent of a 65 yard punt pinning the Jets at their own 4 yard line. The 2nd was a heave from midfield that gave the Jets the ball at their own 20.  Now the 3rd INT and the fumble cost us the game.  But IMO the Dorsey short passing game/take what the Jets gave us, was not working before Allen tossed his first INT.  At least based on points scored.

14 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Dalton Kincaid is ready to play. A rook in his first game in the league and he looked every bit a veteran and a playmaker. im out on a limb but I think he is going to be a great player.

Agreed. Imagine what a competent OC could do with our TEs?

Edited by quinnearlysghost88
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Pirate Angel said:

Josh Allen does a great Nathan Peterman impression. 

I don't know.  That first interception traveled about 50 yards downfield while Josh was scrambling.  Don't think Nate the Great could throw it half that distance from the pocket.

Josh had 3 Int's for the game, Nate the great threw 5 in a HALF.  

Josh was bad but not nearly "Nate the Great" kind of bad.

Edited by Nuncha

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.