Dalton Kincaid plays in his first game Monday

NewEra

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not a chance in hell
I think that he’s going to be huge and games this year, but not in his first game and not against the Jets

People need to temper their expectations a little bit

Why do people need to temper their expectations?  I have high expectations for Kincaid, and I expect he will have a long nfl career.   My expectations aren't going to help or hinder his ability to achieve them aim high and if you fall short you can still fall under expectation but very close to them and xour still doing well.  Have low expectations and  fail I would question the lack of effort to even achieve a low expecation and that is unacceptable to me.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, wppete said:

Wouldn’t surprise me…. I think he will blow peoples minds on Monday. If the Jets decide to Blitz Josh he will find Kincaid all day in the middle. Swollen Beasley will be on display! If they go Zone Josh will carve them up. 

I think it's Swole Beasley, Swollen Beasley makes it sound like Cole had an allergic reaction.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Logic said:

Physical presence, I guess.

Travis Kelce is 6'5", 256 lbs and ran a 4.61 40.
Dalton Kincaid is 6'4", 240 lbs and ran a 4.71 40.

I think that what makes Kincaid special is his brain and, as you said, his spatial awareness. I see him making a living making 8 yard catches in 3rd and 7, the way Ertz has for years. I DON'T see him regularly making huge downfield catches, being a RAC monster, or generally being the physical freak that it seems like Kelce/Gronk are/were.

This is only my opinion. I think he'll be a very good player, but I see him more as a technician and security blanket than as a gamebreaking big play threat. 

Do you really believe Kincaid can’t run better than a 4.71?  That’s your reasoning?  Strange.

Josh allen ran a poor 40, but he can move.  Kincaid can move.  You can see it.  In most cases in which people bring up his speed they usually say he looks like 4.5’s.  

Kincaid is a smoother mover and route runner than Kelce.  Is a better athlete and a more explosive mover.  His hand are also almost 3/4 of an inch bigger 

the only things we should be worried about with him is injury and Dorsey. 

9 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Why do people need to temper their expectations?  I have high expectations for Kincaid, and I expect he will have a long nfl career.   My expectations aren't going to help or hinder his ability to achieve them aim high and if you fall short you can still fall under expectation but very close to them and xour still doing well.  Have low expectations and  fail I would question the lack of effort to even achieve a low expecation and that is unacceptable to me.  

That’s the best.  Fans “need to temper expectations”.   Had someone telling me I had to temper expectations because if he doesn’t do well, I’ll blame Dorsey and unfairly call for his job.  🤣 as if that will have an impact on anyone other than my wife 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Do you really believe Kincaid can’t run better than a 4.71?  That’s your reasoning?  Strange.

Josh allen ran a poor 40, but he can move.  Kincaid can move.  You can see it.  In most cases in which people bring up his speed they usually say he looks like 4.5’s.  

Kincaid is a smoother mover and route runner than Kelce.  Is a better athlete and a more explosive mover.  His hand are also almost 3/4 of an inch bigger 

That’s the best.  Fans “need to temper expectations”.   Had someone telling me I had to temper expectations because if he doesn’t do well, I’ll blame Dorsey and unfairly call for his job.  🤣 as if that will have an impact on anyone other than my wife 

I feel like people seem offended that I said he's not gonna be Travis Kelce. Zach Ertz is/was still a HELL of an NFL tight end. 

I conceded that I think he'll be very good or great, and that I'm excited to see him play. I just don't see him as the physical presence/alien freak show that Gronk and Kelce are/were.

I could very well be wrong in my prediction, but saying "I don't think he'll be Kelce" -- a guy who may go down as the GOAT TE -- isn't meant to be disparaging. Players can win in lots of different ways. Kincaid being a smooth, brainy technician instead of a physical freak doesn't mean he can't still be highly effective.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Kincaid, the rookie who hasn’t played a single snap in the regular season? This is a god awful take.  Kelce is a top 5 TE OAT still in his prime and he’s a worse route runner, lesser athlete, and is also less explosive than DK? 😂 

Full disclosure, I loved the DK selection and think he will be awesome in this offense, but this is just silly.  

Edited by TheWeatherMan
  • Vomit 1

The water has broken and we are being rushed to the hospital!  The baby is finally here. 

The reason why I think this is the year simply comes down to 1 person. Dalton Kincaid. The difference maker. We have lacked that one person on offense to draw attention away from Diggs that can reliably get open underneath and over the middle. He’s going to be a problem to cover. To fast and fluid for most linebackers. He will completely change the offensive dynamic this year where teams just can’t focus on Diggs. Having him play from the slot also helps open up the running game because he will help clear out some space in the box. 
This isn’t even including how I think our defense actually got better and healthier. 

We finally get our Super Bowl win everyone! 

Everyone will know who Dalton Kincaid is after this year is done. 

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

I feel like people seem offended that I said he's not gonna be Travis Kelce. Zach Ertz is/was still a HELL of an NFL tight end. 

I conceded that I think he'll be very good or great, and that I'm excited to see him play. I just don't see him as the physical presence/alien freak show that Gronk and Kelce are/were.

I could very well be wrong in my prediction, but saying "I don't think he'll be Kelce" -- a guy who may go down as the GOAT TE -- isn't meant to be disparaging. Players can win in lots of different ways. Kincaid being a smooth, brainy technician instead of a physical freak doesn't mean he can't still be highly effective.

I’m only offended that you used a 4.71 40 time to support your thoughts.  As if his speed is one of the reasons he isn’t Kelce.    Watch him run.  He’s plenty fast.  

I didn’t call him Kelce- just a future HoFer 😉 

1 minute ago, Araiza Curse said:

The water has broken and we are being rushed to the hospital!  The baby is finally here. 

The reason why I think this is the year simply comes down to 1 person. Dalton Kincaid. The difference maker. We have lacked that one person on offense to draw attention away from Diggs that can reliably get open underneath and over the middle. He’s going to be a problem to cover. To fast and fluid for most linebackers. He will completely change the offensive dynamic this year where teams just can’t focus on Diggs. Having him play from the slot also helps open up the running game because he will help clear out some space in the box. 
This isn’t even including how I think our defense actually got better and healthier. 

We finally get our Super Bowl win everyone! 

Everyone will know who Dalton Kincaid is after this year is done. 

Who are you and what have you done with araiza curse

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Kincaid, the rookie who hasn’t played a single snap in the regular season? This is a god awful take.  Kelce is a top 5 TE OAT still in his prime and he’s a worse route runner, lesser athlete, and is also less explosive than DK? 😂 

Full disclosure, I loved the DK selection and think he will be awesome in this offense, but this is just silly.  

Lol…..another typical “you” take.

Please show me where I called him a “worse route runner”.  I didn’t.  I save you the time.  I said he was a smoother route runner.  There’s more to route running than being smooth. 

Yes, I think Kincaid is a more explosive mover and a more fluid athlete. 

Kelce is obviously the better TE by a MILE at the moment.  I’m just talking about some physical attributes.  

5 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Can only assume he is mocking this thread

He was actually very complimentary!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

This will be a momentous day in Bills history as it marks the first regular season game for our future HoF TE/WR Dalton Kincaid.  

I think he goes 5 catches 72 yards 1 TD

He deserves 8 targets minimum every game.  The more targets he gets, the better our offense will be.  This is the way

Not just HoF...GOAT:wub:

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Im Not sure where this time is coming from. He didn’t run at combine or his pro day. It looks like one random article on Steelers TE they just say it. And every search thereafter goes off that. It’s hogwash

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, 0017 said:

Think of Cooper Kupp, he’s 6’2” 195 lbs and ran a 4.62 not blazing fast for a WR but he destroys defenses, I kinda see Kincaid in that mold but at TE and 6’4”. 

It’s all about separation, which doesn’t always require speed, although that does obviously help. It’s getting in and out of breaks very sharply and finding soft spots and knowing where they are. Kincaid does all of that very well. He’s fluid, and is beyond his years in football IQ. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I'm really excited about Kincaid, but I don't see him ever being a Travis Kelce/Rob Gronkowski type, or a Tony Gonzalez/Antonio Gates type. Not a surefire Hall of Fame level player.

To me, he's more of a Zach Ertz. Now, that's nothing to sneeze at. Ertz has had a nine year career that's still going strong. He has posted 7200 yards 45 TDs -- including a five-year run of posting at least 800 yards every season -- and made 3 Pro Bowls.

If Kincaid has an Ertz level career, he'll help Buffalo win a lot of games and maybe go down as the greatest Bills tight end ever. 

In any case...I also expect Kincaid's arrival to push Dawson Knox, and for him to have a really good year, as well. I can't wait to see the first installment of the DK2 offense this Monday night.

I think he's Pete Retzlaff, the best Eagles tight end of all time. He was wide out turned tight end.  

He'll be guy who isn't quite suited physically to his position, bit he's just too good not to play.   He has the potential to be a regular 1000 yard receiver.

• Like (+1) 1

Whenever Kincaid is the topic of discussion, it brings back memories of Beane trading up two spots two nab him--screwing the Cowboys, who were thought to be eyeing him. That's some epic GM'ing right there. He gets credit for that.

Messing with Jerry Jones... that always warms the heart.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

When you watch the all 22 and breakdowns like this are why I get really excited with Kincaid. His ability to get open is just incredible for a TE, where most of the time a TE isn’t getting the best defender put on him. He will absolutely be a nightmare for DCs to plan for. Just watch his film and watch how easily he snaps separation. He does it reliably as well, which means it’s only a matter of time until Allen looks more and more his way as the trust builds. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, wppete said:

If they actually plan to use him a bunch right away (35-40% of the snaps) and in the role that they said they want him ala Cole Beasley, then yes, I think he could.

Unfortunately, I don't see them giving him that much game time right away.  Knox had 76% of the offensive snaps last year and the other two TE's combined for 31%.  Of course most of Kincaid's snaps are going to come from Morris and Sweeneys snaps but taking another 10% would mean either eating into Knox's snaps or they really are planning on running a lot more 12 personnel. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.