Chiefs vs Lions NFL Opener

aristocrat

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

KC looked like that a lot of the time last year and they won the Super Bowl.  Sort of disinterestedly play to the level of their opponents before pulling away late 

Idk they were pretty solid all across the board on the offensive line the last few years.  They were a mess tonight in ways that I don’t think being interested vs disinterested really apply 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Mahomes was not sharp tonight, even if his receivers didn’t give him much help.

This is true. I've read on here that highly paid QBs have to elevate their mediocre weapons. Mahomes didn't do that tonight.

Of course all of this will be moot when he has his cheat code back on the field for the rest of the season. I'll take the one free additional loss though. One more Chiefs loss would have meant we were the #1 seed last year.

5 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Davis doesn’t have the separation skills that Toney has. But yeah, Toney had a really really bad game, no denying that. Give me Toney vs Davis any week. 

I'm sorry what lmao

Toney has never done a thing

He averages 2 catches for 15 yards in the 8 or 9 games he's played with the best qb on earth

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Just now, arcane said:

I'm sorry what lmao

He averages 2 catches for 15 yards in the 8 or 9 games he's played with the best qb om earth

Not much sense in quoting it directly but that's really just desperate trolling at this point. Not even good trolling, just dart throwing awful trolling.

Toney may not finish the season and is a fringe league player, as his history fully indicates. That was all confirmed tonight.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

I'm sorry what lmao

He averages 2 catches for 15 yards in the 8 or 9 games he's played with the best qb on earth

Toney was a major factor in their Super Bowl win. Just wait, you can bump this post at the end of the season. Toney will be their leader in yards when all said and done. 

• Dislike 1

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

Mahomes looked like he was throwing to Isaiah McKenzie and Gimpy Gabe Davis tonight. 

I was just thinking how Toney's performance tonight was about equal to McKenzie's performance against the Chiefs last year, the only difference is one of Toney's drops happened to pop into the hands of a DB and become a defensive TD.

44 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Chandler Jones is an amazing talent but he has always been well a bit off. The year the Pats traded him he was arrested for being nude and incoherent.

Was Linda Holliday involved in this situation?

18 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Toney reportedly had a bad attitude and poor work ethic with the Giants.  Shakir is nothing like him 

Yep. Another epically inaccurate take by a third string troll.

18 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m curious what happens to them without a bye/home field advantage in the playoffs though. People talk like the regular season doesn’t really matter and that just isn’t true. They’ve got issues that likely aren’t going away for awhile

This isnt talked about enough and I 100% agree. Havent they had a bye and home field in the playoffs every year? I think they have.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Toney was a major factor in their Super Bowl win. Just wait, you can bump this post at the end of the season. Toney will be their leader in yards when all said and done. 

Is that including TEs because I'm not sure I believe any of those guys we just saw are going have more yards than Kelce.

3 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

This isnt talked about enough and I 100% agree. Havent they had a bye and home field in the playoffs every year? I think they have.  

They were technically the 2 seed one year but the titans lost their first game after the bye so kc grabbed the home field advantage back… I don’t think they’ve had a single road playoff game in mahomes’ career 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

No, not including Kelce. Outside of Kelce, Toney for all WRs will lead that team in yards if he stays healthy. 

That kind of feels like he's going to be at the top of a pile of garbage, none of them looked good, one of them by definition has to have the most yards of the WR room.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

After tonight I'm going with Mike Evans.

They could make a trade. I will be the 1st one to say that Toney had one of the worst games I’ve seen in a while. But the dude pops off the screen. He has talent, and once he figures it out, he will put up yards there. I’m pretty sure of it. 

Totally reminds me of Shakir. I still have faith in Shakir, I think he will figure it out at some point, and when he does, he will be more reliable than Davis. 

• Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Kelce makes everything else work.  

None of their WR’s are focal points, but they don’t have to be … just need to be planets that orbit around Kelce and it should be fine. 

This is exactly why I'm reserving judgement on the Chiefs' offense until Kelce's back on the field.  His presence changes everything ... including how much teams are willing to commit to playing tight coverage on mediocre WRs.  Also, Hutchison is a beast who really abused Taylor at RT.  Other teams may not have an edge rusher capable of doing that.  Finally, Week 1 games are notorious for being false indicators of how good or bad a team will be for the season.   There are examples every opening weekend of unexpected winners that never seem to play as well again the rest of the season and supposed playoff teams that get tripped up Game 1 but then return to form. 

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Patrick Mahomes has never won a game without Eric Bienemy.  

And Jared Goff is undefeated against Patrick Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 4

Kadarius Toney aspires to be Robert Foster, Harry Douglas, Tim Patrick at best. He has done absolutely nothing and will likely end up having a fraction of the career of Marquise Goodwin. If that's your #1 then a fringe journeyman is your #1.

Edited by Nelius
  • Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I was just thinking how Toney's performance tonight was about equal to McKenzie's performance against the Chiefs last year, the only difference is one of Toney's drops happened to pop into the hands of a DB and become a defensive TD.

Didn’t Beasley have a similar play in 2019 / 2020? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Kadarius Toney aspires to be Robert Foster, Harry Douglas, Tim Patrick at best. He has done absolutely nothing and will likely end up having a fraction of the career of Marquise Goodwin. If that's your #1 then a fringe journeyman is your #1.

He helped win a Super Bowl, more than anything Davis can say. 

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, SoTier said:

This is exactly why I'm reserving judgement on the Chiefs' offense until Kelce's back on the field.  His presence changes everything ... including how much teams are willing to commit to playing tight coverage on mediocre WRs.  Also, Hutchison is a beast who really abused Taylor at RT.  Other teams may not have an edge rusher capable of doing that.  Finally, Week 1 games are notorious for being false indicators of how good or bad a team will be for the season.   There are examples every opening weekend of unexpected winners that never seem to play as well again the rest of the season and supposed playoff teams that get tripped up Game 1 but then return to form. 

And Jared Goff is undefeated against Patrick Mahomes.

This didn’t really strike me as unexpected…if anything the lions should have won by more.  The chiefs oline was holding on for dear life pun definitely intended.

a lot of teams have defensive lines that will pretty easily exploit the chiefs offensive tackles.  jets,dolphins,eagles,pats, bills with von back, bengals, broncos will all give them problems 

It’s still very early but letting Orlando brown walk is looking like a rare misstep from their front office.  The big eye opener for me was I don’t even think the lions played well 

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They were technically the 2 seed one year but the titans lost their first game after the bye so kc grabbed the home field advantage back… I don’t think they’ve had a single road playoff game in mahomes’ career 

That's correct.  Mahomes has never played a playoff game outside of Arrowhead except for Super Bowls.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 90sBills said:

They’re not sniffing the #1 seed with this group of receivers. Might not even make the playoffs. 😁

I disagree here. They started out slowly before and figured it out. They won a SB last year with mediocre receivers. 

I have little doubts the Chiefs won't be the team to beat come season's end. 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

He helped win a Super Bowl, more than anything Davis can say. 

Did he really help win the Super Bowl? He had one catch in that game  where he was absolutely comically wide open that anybody would’ve caught, he had one catch vs the bengals the week prior, and one catch against the jags.

three total catches all playoffs for 28 yards and a completely wide open pitch and catch td 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Did he really help win the Super Bowl? He had one catch in that game  where he was absolutely comically wide open that anybody would’ve caught, he had one catch vs the bengals the week prior, and one catch against the jags.

three total catches all playoffs for 28 yards and a completely wide open pitch and catch td 

You know what is being worse than completely wide open in the end zone?  Having 0 catches on 0 targets with 0 TDs like Davis. If Davis wants to earn a name for himself, he will help get us to where we want to be. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

They could start 2-4 and still get the one seed.  

I agree.  The AFCE and AFCN are likely to be dog fights with the teams in those divisions taking turns beating each other up.  The Jags might have the easiest route to division champion but it might struggle with non-divisional opponents.  I think they play both the Bills and the Bengals.   KC doesn't have that much competition in the AFCW except for the Chargers (who always seem to find ways to Charger) unless Payton can resurrect the Broncos. 

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Toney has the record for longest punt return in SB history 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I disagree here. They started out slowly before and figured it out. They won a SB last year with mediocre receivers. 

I have little doubts the Chiefs won't be the team to beat come season's end. 

The team to beat is Arizona, and teams will beat them just about every week. 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.