Buffalo at New York Jets Week 1 Officials (Referees) Announced (9/11/2023) - Flags will go flying!

chongli

https://www.footballzebras.com/2023/06/officiating-crews-for-the-2023-season/

cheffers.jpg

Position - Name - No. - 2022 crew - Yrs. Exp. - College - Occupation

Referee - Carl Cheffers - No. 51 - 24 yrs. (16 as a referee) - California-Irvine - Sales Manager

Umpire - Brandon Cruse - No. 22 - same crew - 2 yrs. - South Dakota School of Mines & Technology - Management Consultant

Down Judge - Mike Carr - No. 63 - same crew - 7 yrs. - Wisconsin - Athletic Director

Line Judge - Tom Eaton - No. 87 - Rogers crew - 4 yrs. - Central Florida - Fiscal Manager

Field Judge - Nate Jones - No. 33 - same crew - 5 yrs. - Rutgers - Firefighter/EMT (former NFL player)

Side Judge - Eugene Hall - No. 103 - same crew - 10 yrs. - North Texas - Federal Agent

Back Judge - Martin Hankins - No. 133 - no crew - 1 yr. - [unknown] - [unknown]

Repay Official - Kevin Brown - No. N/A - same crew - 5 yrs. - Purdue - Retired Air Traffic Controller

Replay Assistant - Karlton Derrick - No. N/A - same crew - 2 yrs. - Stanford - [unknown]

Edited by chongli
  • Sad 1

• chongli changed the title to Buffalo at New York Jets Week 1 Officials (Referees) Announced (September 11, 2023)
  • chongli changed the title to Buffalo at New York Jets Week 1 Officials (Referees) Announced (9/11/2023) - Flags will go flying!

Cheffers and Rodgers appeared to be tight from preseason game highlights shown on Hard Knocks a couple weeks ago, I believe it was from either the hall of fame game or preseason week 2 game. They are on a first name basis with each other in the clips.  Doesn’t inspire confidence for Monday night for a fairly called game. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Billznut said:

Cheffers and Rodgers appeared to be tight from preseason game highlights shown on Hard Knocks a couple weeks ago, I believe it was from either the hall of fame game or preseason week 2 game. They are on a first name basis with each other in the clips.  Doesn’t inspire confidence for Monday night for a fairly called game. 

I mean i feel like every QB has to be on a first name basis with these guys.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Billznut said:

oh boy…

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, K-9 said:

As long as the refs call the game the same way for both teams, I have no problem with any crew. 

Exactly I have no problem if the calls are made the same for both teams infractions.  I don't think that  sauce will be allowed to mug our wrs and I expect our cbs to need to cover properly without interfering .  If the flags only get thrown against one team that are for penalties that are clearly not different than what the opponents are doing that's when there are problems.  I even accept that some calls do get unflagged just because the fouls did not get witnessed by vofficial.  It is only when a blind eye occurs consistently to one teams benefit where I blame the officiating.  I really just believe our team has better talent  and will outplay the Jets  so much that even officials can't help them win, without it being so obvious that fans across the league would even raise objections and NFL won't want that issue to begin the season.  More likely the will let the teams play.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

As long as the refs call the game the same way for both teams, I have no problem with any crew. 

"Just give it to them"

29 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Guaranteed that every time the Bills lose, there will be more than a few blaming it on the officials. Take it to the bank. 

And there will be some defending officials taking shots at Bills.  Take to the bank when we were on gold standard.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Billznut said:

Every starting QB that’s been in the league a few years is on a first name basis with the refs. It’s always been like that.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.