Jordan Palmer's QB Room Podcast with co-host Kyle Allen: Josh Allen edition just dropped

Beck Water

7 hours ago, Beck Water said:

No disrespect taken.  I understand why you take it that way.

I think we should all be aware that great QB spend free time doing other things - Brady and Rodgers both golf, it was clear from the Superbowl party that wasn't the first time Stafford had alcohol cross his little lips.  Young healthy millionaire athletes have a right to have fun.

What I'm in response to, is really the stuff that's been showing up in some of the other threads, the Pat McAfee and Jordan Palmer threads - that Josh has made a "seismic change" to his diet and lifestyle by ditching his "partygirl" galpal Britt, he's completely focused on football now etc etc etc.

My point really wasn't to point a finger at Josh for getting drunk and golfing, I think that's pretty normal wealthy young athlete behavior.

My point is that the storyline Josh has made huge changes to his diet and workout and lifestyle, isn't a full picture either.  There's some "spin"

(I know, Alert the Media, a PR piece made by the Bills and a podcast their employees host involves "spin")

Both are pictures with some truth.  The full picture, has to reflect both.

All good and I don't disagree at all that the full picture should reflect everything.  Just didn't think some of the phrasing was fair to Josh as it carried a more negative tone than necessary for those points and kind of skewed the picture a bit was all.  

I personally think he is about to have the best year of his career...I would say I think he would win MVP, but honestly, I feel like there is this backlash on him that is unwarranted and that the people voting will be reluctant to vote for him so they aren't wrong.  So I feel like it is going to be hard for him to win MVP this season, and the best way to shove it in everyones face to is to just win the SB and get his SB MVP instead.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

How well do you know him?  How many times have you met?

What a bizarre set of questions. There's more than enough information out there to form an educated opinion. Even if I had met him several times, that would pale in comparison to what's publicly known, because people can put on different faces for different people as they please.

5 hours ago, BillzFreak said:

Oh trust me I've read posters on here who already think he is, not fully committed to saying it yet, but subtle hints here and there. Watch as soon as Josh throws a couple of bad passes or a pick and then the "maybe Whitlock was right" crowd will be out in full force.

This forum amazes me. I mean damn. I don't see Bengals or Chiefs fans acting this way about their QB. They celebrate their QB's, and here we are, with a QB who is at the very least, tied with Burrow and QB2(you can make a case for both guys) and Bills fans are so freaking miserable(or we got some trolls pretending to be Bills fans) and complain and also seem to want to create some sort of villian arc for him. It's bizarre, and I sometimes think Bills fans would be a lot happier being miserable and going back to losing, and not having an elite QB.

Now, this is not to say that I don't think Josh can improve on some things. I do think, at 27 years old, he should probably put more effort into staying more fit, but at the end of the day, as of now, his physique has never been an issue. I also think back to Jim Kelly and how much he drank, and don't want to see Josh follow in his footsteps, but he is still in his 20's and as of now the only stories of him being "hungover" are on off days.

No offense to Beck Water, but this sort of felt like a hit/character piece. I did watch the interview, and I just thought it was Josh being as "goofy" as usual, I did not think he was truly offended by the Pickleball thing, and I think he was being a goofball by claiming he's the greatest athlete. I did not take any of that seriously by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe I need to watch again and see what the heck I am missing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What a bizarre set of questions. There's more than enough information out there to form an educated opinion. Even if I had met him several times, that would pale in comparison to what's publicly known, because people can put on different faces for different people as they please.

There's "more than enough information out there" for you to form an opinion what Josh Allen the person is really like?

Either you're disingenuous or incredibly naive

• Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

There's "more than enough information out there" for you to form an opinion what Josh Allen the person is really like?

Either you're disingenuous or incredibly naive

Look, I'm saying I don't like his drinking, I don't like his lack of attention to detail to his diet, I don't like that he's not working with Palmer as much, etc. etc. etc. All things that are common knowledge, and I'm not the only one to have these concerns. Joe Marino feels the same way.

The reality that some Bills fans don't want to hear (what's new?) is that all indications are that Josh Allen is not doing everything he can to maximize his talent and maximize our team's chance of winning a Super Bowl. He talks like that's all he cares about, but he's not backing it up with his actions.

It's so funny that some people can't handle accepting this and it's obviously just because he's the quarterback of the Bills. You wouldn't be defending him like this if he were Miami's QB.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

This forum amazes me. I mean damn. I don't see Bengals or Chiefs fans acting this way about their QB. They celebrate their QB's, and here we are, with a QB who is at the very least, tied with Burrow and QB2(you can make a case for both guys) and Bills fans are so freaking miserable(or we got some trolls pretending to be Bills fans) and complain and also seem to want to create some sort of villian arc for him. It's bizarre, and I sometimes think Bills fans would be a lot happier being miserable and going back to losing, and not having an elite QB.

Now, this is not to say that I don't think Josh can improve on some things. I do think, at 27 years old, he should probably put more effort into staying more fit, but at the end of the day, as of now, his physique has never been an issue. I also think back to Jim Kelly and how much he drank, and don't want to see Josh follow in his footsteps, but he is still in his 20's and as of now the only stories of him being "hungover" are on off days.

No offense to Beck Water, but this sort of felt like a hit/character piece. I did watch the interview, and I just thought it was Josh being as "goofy" as usual, I did not think he was truly offended by the Pickleball thing, and I think he was being a goofball by claiming he's the greatest athlete. I did not take any of that seriously by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe I need to watch again and see what the heck I am missing.

Well, to be honest, after I saw some of the reactions around here, I regretted posting this at all.

As I discussed with @Alphadawg7, my intent was to point out that some of the over-the-top stuff here about how Josh is now seismicly more body and health and nutrition conscious and focused solely on football is a bit much; how the POV presented in the "Beyond Blue and Red" and Pat McAfee pieces is pretty skewed.  Two of Josh's best friends (Jordan Palmer and Kyle Allen) have him talking about golf and drinking and getting hung over (apparently often enough that he has a "day saver" to hand in the form of pedialyte and a personal oxygen tank).  So the true picture is more nuanced, Josh is not all work and no play.

But I personally don't find the idea that a wealthy young athlete plays golf and gets drunk to be like some amazing knock on him, and certainly not an indication of laziness.  "Work hard, play hard" is a common mantra.

What I am is I'm astounded at the depths and the distortions some people will take stuff to.  How "I don't overindulge in film" becomes "said he isn't a huge film guy" or even "doesn't watch film". 

Then we get to the idea that Josh said he's just "country strong" and doesn't lift weights or work out off season, which is not what he's ever said that I've heard.  Talking with Chris Simms, he discussed how he trains with QB strength guru Ryan Flaherty (whom he calls Flaher Bear).  Flaherty is big on lower body training such as trap bar deadlifts for speed, and has other training recommendations such as no bench press, I think no military press, instead strengthen upper body with band exercises and plyometric pushup variants and so forth - the idea being to maintain flexibility and to strengthen the back and hips, single leg strength etc.  I found this article about it.

Ditto somehow because they didn't hear it on the 5 o'clock news (I guess) people started assuming Josh no longer works with Jordan Palmer, where Palmer sits down at OBD and talks to Brown and Tasker about working with Josh every off season, and not only that continuing to consult on mechanics during the season to keep things tuned up.

It's just bizarro world to me, and bringing in this total goof-ass Jason Whitlock with his idea that Stef Diggs is pining for better strip clubs and Josh Allen is lazy, just adds to the bizarreness.

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Look, I'm saying I don't like his drinking, I don't like his lack of attention to detail to his diet, I don't like that he's not working with Palmer as much, etc. etc. etc. All things that are common knowledge, and I'm not the only one to have these concerns. Joe Marino feels the same way.

The reality that some Bills fans don't want to hear (what's new?) is that all indications are that Josh Allen is not doing everything he can to maximize his talent and maximize our team's chance of winning a Super Bowl. He talks like that's all he cares about, but he's not backing it up with his actions.

It's so funny that some people can't handle accepting this and it's obviously just because he's the quarterback of the Bills. You wouldn't be defending him like this if he were Miami's QB.

This doesn't seem to be common knowledge to Palmer.  All Palmer said is he doesn't start as early as he did, earlier in his career when he wasn't playing in January.  For all you know he makes up for starting later with working more/longer later in the off season.

If you have a link to the Joe Marino thing I'll give him a listen.

But I don't have a problem with you or anyone else critiquing that Josh (as far as he discusses publicly) doesn't seem to be paying much attention to diet and gets drunk and hung over on at least some days off.  Whether not doing those things would help Josh advance, I don't know - what diet does Mahomes or Burrows follow, do you know?  Do they get drunk?  Does Hurst?  Lawrence?  Tom Brady is famous for his disciplined approach to diet and lifestyle - what's Rodgers approach?

What I think is disingenuous and/or naive is to think you really have a good enough idea off what the person Josh is like from those tidbits to pass judgement on him as a person and decide if he's someone you'd like or not.

Edited by Beck Water

4 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The more of these interviews I hear, the less convinced I am that he works on his body in the offseason. And I noticed it last year that he looked pudgy.

Yea he looked real pudgy in that Miami heat furnace game where half the Bills were being dragged off the field with heat exhaustion while Allen took 99 snaps ad never left the field once. 

You people are nuts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

This doesn't seem to be common knowledge to Palmer.  All Palmer said is he doesn't start as early as he did, earlier in his career when he wasn't playing in January.  For all you know he makes up for starting later with working more/longer later in the off season.

But I don't have a problem with you or anyone else critiquing that Josh (as far as he discusses publicly) doesn't seem to be paying much attention to diet and gets drunk and hung over on at least some days off.  Whether not doing those things would help Josh advance, I don't know - what diet does Mahomes or Burrows follow, do you know?  Do they get drunk?  Does Hurst?  Lawrence?  Tom Brady is famous for his disciplined approach to diet and lifestyle - what's Rodgers approach?

What I think is disingenuous and/or naive is to think you really have a good enough idea off what the person Josh is like from those tidbits to pass judgement on him as a person and decide if he's someone you'd like or not.

Kind of feels like maybe this is some sort of result of how things have changed from back in 2018-2020 when Josh was really developing as a QB and needing to raise up his game. So there always a bunch of stories about what he was doing to improve and what he was working on in the offseason, it was a major focus in those years. Flash forward to now and it's been a few years of him being one of the top QBs in the league and maybe he gets a few questions about what's he been working or trying to add to his game this year and that's about it.

I don't really think he's stopped working in the offseason, it's just not that big a story anymore.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MarkMiller said:

Some of the worst bills ‘fans’ in this thread  

Yes, this is really more of a fan club site. The majority just wants puff stuff about how perfect the Bills are. No room for fans who are rightly skeptical that a team who has never won the Super Bowl will continue to not win the Super Bowl.

50 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I can't link to anything from last year, but I believe it was also brought up last year that he worked with Palmer very little. I think Palmer admitted it on a WGR radio appearance. This year, it honestly seemed like they were skirting around it.

Marino talks about his concern with Josh's habits with some frequency. You just have to listen to Locked On Bills.

• Agree 1

Well to be fair Giuseppe you recently trashed the city of Buffalo in one thread, and straight up said you dislike Josh Allen personally in this one. That's not exactly constructive criticism. You didn't just say you were concerned about his habits you said "I dislike him as a person" lol.

I'm not the least bit concerned about Allen's training or preparedness but to be completely honest the massive hangover story is a slight bit eyebrow raising. I'm pretty convinced that Mahomes doesn't really ever do that, even occasionally.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You claim to not like someone personally that you’ve never met.  That is what is bizarre.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Kind of feels like maybe this is some sort of result of how things have changed from back in 2018-2020 when Josh was really developing as a QB and needing to raise up his game. So there always a bunch of stories about what he was doing to improve and what he was working on in the offseason, it was a major focus in those years. Flash forward to now and it's been a few years of him being one of the top QBs in the league and maybe he gets a few questions about what's he been working or trying to add to his game this year and that's about it.

I don't really think he's stopped working in the offseason, it's just not that big a story anymore.

I think in his first years, where the Bills were being questioned on the decision to draft him, their PR folks encouraged some content to be dropped at workouts with Palmer, the Covid-year WR workouts in Florida, etc etc.  It made both Josh and their decision to draft him look better, to hear that he was working hard off-season to improve.

Now that Josh gets followed by cameras on vacation and recognized even in southern Cali, I think he actively discourages sharing of off-season content because he doesn't want cameras hiding in the bushes and fans sneaking into the stands.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Well to be fair Giuseppe you recently trashed the city of Buffalo in one thread, and straight up said you dislike Josh Allen personally in this one. That's not exactly constructive criticism. You didn't just say you were concerned about his habits you said "I dislike him as a person" lol.

I'm not the least bit concerned about Allen's training or preparedness but to be completely honest the massive hangover story is a slight bit eyebrow raising. I'm pretty convinced that Mahomes doesn't really ever do that, even occasionally.

Agree with the first Para. 

Regarding the massive hangover story, yeah I didn't like it but 1) we have no idea how common it is for Josh 2) I don't know why you would be "convinced" Mahomes doesn't ever do that.  First off, do you follow Mahomes content thoroughly and carefully?  Second, it's not as though his "Quarterback Producer" mom and brother are abstainers.   We know at least one Chiefs assistant coach was drinking hard at work, so it's not like the Chiefs have an abstinance culture.  Maybe Mahomes parties but he just doesn't have "good friends" who tell stories about it on him on their podcast interview, so how would you know?

The only QB I'm pretty confident never drank to excess was Mr Avocado Ice Cream and I don't eat Tomatoes, Tom Brady.

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Regarding the massive hangover story, yeah I didn't like it but 1) we have no idea how common it is for Josh 2) I don't know why you would be "convinced" Mahomes doesn't ever do that.  First off, do you follow Mahomes content thoroughly and carefully?  Second, it's not as though his "Quarterback Producer" mom and brother are abstainers.   We know at least one Chiefs assistant coach was drinking hard at work, so it's not like the Chiefs have an abstinance culture.  Maybe Mahomes parties but he just doesn't have "good friends" who tell stories about it on him on their podcast interview, so how would you know?

The only QB I'm pretty confident never drank to excess was Mr Avocado Ice Cream and I don't eat Tomatoes, Tom Brady.

Just Mahomes general Kermit the Frog aw shucks demeanor. Him being a dad. His insane wife. I don't know, he strikes me as very much Avocado Ice Cream in the robot mold of Brady as well. Could be completely wrong of course, but I've seen Josh with a beer several times on top of this (off the top of my head - Sabres game chug, several golf tournaments, the softball tournament) and am coming up empty thinking of Mahomes. I really don't think it's a big deal, more so just a curiosity mover.

Edited by Nelius

I can't link to anything from last year, but I believe it was also brought up last year that he worked with Palmer very little. I think Palmer admitted it on a WGR radio appearance. This year, it honestly seemed like they were skirting around it.

Marino talks about his concern with Josh's habits with some frequency. You just have to listen to Locked On Bills.

Dude, number 1, how would Marino know what Josh did or didn't do off-season?  Since we have just seen at least 3 examples of stuff that Josh said radically distorted by people around here, and since you just acknowledged your own "Bone to pick" of "disliking Josh as a person", skepticism seems warranted.

I don't listen to Joe Marino regularly.  I've heard he has some good stuff, but I'm not going to pour through podcast after podcast trying to verify what you say.  I think it's "on you" to provide some evidence.

As far as this being:

Yes, this is really more of a fan club site. The majority just wants puff stuff about how perfect the Bills are. No room for fans who are rightly skeptical that a team who has never won the Super Bowl will continue to not win the Super Bowl.

What a bunch of unmitigated malarky.  A bunch of respected posters here are rationally critical of Beane, drafting, cap management, Josh Allen, the offense, you name it - and guess what?  Plenty of room and no one heats the tar and gets pitchforks ready.  There may be disagreement, but it's pretty respectful.

What's despicable, IMO, are people who take one thing that was said and totally distort or exaggerate it to feed their narrative.  That's not being a fan.

And of course, @oldmanfan nailed it: "You claim to not like someone personally that you’ve never met.  That is what is bizarre."  @Nelius spoke truth:  "that's not exactly constructive criticism."

Edited by Beck Water

11 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Just Mahomes general Kermit the Frog aw shucks demeanor. Him being a dad. His insane wife. I don't know, he strikes me as very much Avocado Ice Cream in the robot mold of Brady as well. Could be completely wrong of course, but I've seen Josh with a beer several times on top of this (off the top of my head - Sabres game chug, several golf tournaments, the softball tournament) and am coming up empty thinking of Mahomes. I really don't think it's a big deal, more so just a curiosity mover.

Bro mahomes was shotgunning beers w Luke Combs at his concert

6 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Actually now that I think of it even Brady got so trashed he needed help moving after the last TB SB win.

Yeah there are similar stories about Mahomes in the Chiefs Superbowl parade.  He was observed just HAMMERING beers and so drunk he almost fell off the bus.  I mean, you just won the freakin' Superbowl, who wouldn't party? 

But when asked on twitter the next day if he had a hangover, Mahomes tweeted back  "I went to Texas Tech...prepared me for these moments." 

I think Kermit slammed the brews a little harder than a novice (or someone way out of practice) would manage.  I'm betting if he had "close friends" interviewing him or we were all up in his friends' Instas, we'd find some stuff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah there are similar stories about Mahomes in the Chiefs Superbowl parade.  He was observed just HAMMERING beers and so drunk he almost fell off the bus.  I mean, you just won the freakin' Superbowl, who wouldn't party? 

But when asked on twitter the next day if he had a hangover, Mahomes tweeted back  "I went to Texas Tech...prepared me for these moments." 

I think Kermit slammed the brews a little harder than a novice (or someone way out of practice) would manage.  I'm betting if he had "close friends" interviewing him or we were all up in his friends' Instas, we'd find some stuff.

Who wouldn't be wasted after winning the SB!?!

Congrats Kermit 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh sure has a healthy ego about what he could do in other sports....LOL

Personal oxygen tank....LOL

Brady was so drunk he could not walk and through the lombardi from one boat to another

Agree with the first Para. 

Bills fans and Bills media need to get this fact through their heads: Allen and the Bills are not Mahomes.

There is a gap.

If Mahomes never gets better he’s proven that level wins Championships plural.

For Allen, he has played at a Top 4 level for the past 3 years. It’s 35-37 TDs throwing, 6-8 rushing TDs. It’s outstanding!

But the Bills are not the Chiefs, so all some fans are asking - is there another level that Josh can get to? 

He’s not getting younger and this staff doesn’t want him to run more, so the obvious door that is open to me is his physical fitness. 

If Danielle Radcliffe can get ripped, all I’m noticing is that Allen doesn’t hit the weight room by comparison.

He has said this. The Kyle Brandt interviews where he talks about getting by on talent. He came back to Buffalo this year saying he “can do more” and “he’s more focused on football than ever” we all know what that was.

I don’t hate the man or anything like that, of course he’s great for this team and city.

But I don’t think it’s illogical to listen to the interviews that he does, listen to these podcasts with Jordan Palmer, listen to the Simms interview, see this photos and conclude, the guy doesn’t work out as much as he could.

And for a team desperately trying to keep 2020-2022 together, Allen’s fitness is one potential path to unlock a higher level. And the Bills need that. 

Nobody is saying he can’t have a beer or he needs to stay in his house with the shades down all day. But get photographed with a lower body fat content and actual definition in your legs? Maybe get photographed with a weight in your hand like Herbert who realized quickly that he needed to lift to improve in the NFL? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

And of course, @oldmanfan nailed it: "You claim to not like someone personally that you’ve never met.  That is what is bizarre."  @Nelius spoke truth:  "that's not exactly constructive criticism."

I'd rather not drag this into another day, but I don't have respect for anyone who drinks to excess. I've never done it and never understood why people enjoy damaging themselves. I don't surround myself with people who are irresponsible and lack self control in this way. I don't have to know Josh's heart intimately to know that I don't care much for him because of his habits.

This isn't some bizarre take.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Bro mahomes was shotgunning beers w Luke Combs at his concert

Yeah and he was pounding beers during the Golf challenge this Summer....no idea where this idea that Mahomes doesn't party or indulge himself during his down time comes from lol.  

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I'd rather not drag this into another day, but I don't have respect for anyone who drinks to excess. I've never done it and never understood why people enjoy damaging themselves. I don't surround myself with people who are irresponsible and lack self control in this way. I don't have to know Josh's heart intimately to know that I don't care much for him because of his habits.

Maybe being a Buffalo Bills fan isn't for you, Buffalo is a hard drinking town to begin with.  You might be happier finding a new team to root for. 

• Agree 1

OK, so you don't respect Tom Brady, Pat Mahomes, Josh Allen, and before him Jim Kelly.  Got It.

And drinking to excess, even if done in a setting which doesn't involve driving or placing others at risk, is irresponsible.  Got it.

In fact, you probably don't respect the vast majority of sports stars in general and the Bills team in particular, because I think most of them tie on on at some interval.

Calibration complete, Thanks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Bills fans and Bills media need to get this fact through their heads: Allen and the Bills are not Mahomes.

There is a gap.

If Mahomes never gets better he’s proven that level wins Championships plural.

For Allen, he has played at a Top 4 level for the past 3 years. It’s 35-37 TDs throwing, 6-8 rushing TDs. It’s outstanding!

But the Bills are not the Chiefs, so all some fans are asking - is there another level that Josh can get to? 

He’s not getting younger and this staff doesn’t want him to run more, so the obvious door that is open to me is his physical fitness. 

If Danielle Radcliffe can get ripped, all I’m noticing is that Allen doesn’t hit the weight room by comparison.

He has said this. The Kyle Brandt interviews where he talks about getting by on talent. He came back to Buffalo this year saying he “can do more” and “he’s more focused on football than ever” we all know what that was.

I don’t hate the man or anything like that, of course he’s great for this team and city.

But I don’t think it’s illogical to listen to the interviews that he does, listen to these podcasts with Jordan Palmer, listen to the Simms interview, see this photos and conclude, the guy doesn’t work out as much as he could.

And for a team desperately trying to keep 2020-2022 together, Allen’s fitness is one potential path to unlock a higher level. And the Bills need that. 

Nobody is saying he can’t have a beer or he needs to stay in his house with the shades down all day. But get photographed with a lower body fat content and actual definition in your legs? Maybe get photographed with a weight in your hand like Herbert who realized quickly that he needed to lift to improve in the NFL? 

You don’t have the slightest clue about his workout regimen.  None whatsoever.  Someone posted a picture of him with Davis to show his upper body tone and you keep on with this crap.

Allen can improve, as can any player.  He needs to learn to take check downs, get the ball out quicker.  But to suggest the Bills aren’t winning Super Bowls because Josh isn’t committed is just nuts.

• Agree 2

There is a gap.

OK, I can go with this.  They've been to 3 and won 2 Superbowls since Allen was drafted.  Gap, check.

But this is where it starts to run off the rails to me.

I believe I heard McAfee say that Allen is the active player with the most consecutive starts, 71.

In the Miami game, where players were dropping with heat stroke and cramps, Allen played every snap.

He finished the season 7th in passing yards and 34 in rush yards - not QB rush yards, everybody's rush yards

He's noted for his ability to truck grown-ass NFL DBs, LBs, and defensive ends.

Yet people believe that somehow, he does this while not working out and taking care of his physical fitness?  And while not studying film?

By the way, "ripped" is not a good standard for either strength or physical fitness.  Where's some of our personal trainer guys here to help me out?  "Ripped" has to do with training for muscle definition in every muscle group, and training for low body fat %.   Those aren't necessarily indicative, or even compatible, with the kind of functional fitness a guy needs to play every offensive snap for 19 games and take hit after hit.

Can Allen improve as a QB?  Yes, he can, and I've got the receipts here of saying so and providing some specifics.

But this "needs to improve physical fitness" "doesn't watch film" or "lazy" talk is just off the rails.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I've thought about it a little differently - not that Josh needs to work out more now to take things over the top, but rather it seems there is room in the future when his next 'stage' comes to start focusing on fitness even more which will help keep him on that premiere level.

Regarding Mahomes, two things that impressed and kind of surprised me from the Quarterback show was 1) how fiery/competitive he was and 2) him being such a workout warrior.  I went away from the show with more respect for him 

Edited by stevewin

You all realize that Netflix Quarterback show is personally curated by Mahomes' and the Chiefs' PR teams, right? You think he signed up so they could show him knocking down beers on the golf course? Reality TV isn't a new concept - let me be the first to tell you it isn't actually reality.

Allen had a UCL injury in his throwing arm that would have ended many QBs' seasons and was playing in a game one week later. That doesn't happen without an almost superhuman dedication to fitness and rehab. Just like Mahomes playing on a high ankle sprain. All of the guys playing at that level over the course of a brutal NFL season have an insane commitment to their bodies.

• Like (+1) 3

He doesn't come across well in this interview. If a few of you could take off the rose coloured glasses, you'd see that too. He hasn't won anything yet so let's hold off on the comparisons to QBs getting drunk after winning a super bowl. That only makes it look worse.

• Eyeroll 1

Do all y’all remember  being in your twenties? 

When I was that age “we” ( most of us anyways) all drank too much, smoked too much, did too many illicit drugs, and grew up to be responsible citizens who vote regularly and treat each other decently, so what’s the problem with a young people getting laid and getting a buzz on in their spare time????

Some folk here sound like nattering old ladies clutching their pearls,

This reminds me of a joke me and my brother told our father, we started talking about the “new condoms” that had serial numbers on them, and asked dad if he saw those, he said no, then my brother said, “I guess you don’t roll them as far down as we do…, 

Thank you thank you, I’ll be here all week…, 😁👍

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, stevewin said:

I've thought about it a little differently - not that Josh needs to work out more now to take things over the top, but rather it seems there is room in the future when his next 'stage' comes to start focusing on fitness even more which will help keep him on that premiere level.

I think this is a fair perspective.  It also sounds as though Josh has started thinking about it.

2 hours ago, QB Bills said:

He doesn't come across well in this interview. If a few of you could take off the rose coloured glasses, you'd see that too. He hasn't won anything yet so let's hold off on the comparisons to QBs getting drunk after winning a super bowl. That only makes it look worse.

I actually agree that Josh doesn't come across well in this interview.  Comes across as very golf-focused and kind of fratt-y with the getting super drunk and having personal oxygen bottles and pedialyte to recover.  News flash, Josh, acetaldyhyde is toxic and getting rid of the headache does not get rid of all the persistent effects.

Part of it is where the interviewers led him though.  I thought the whole podcast didn't come across well.  It was kind of a snooze-fest to me, actually, yattering on about golf courses and so forth.  I don't think either Kyle or Jordan are particularly gifted interviewers.

I felt Kyle and Jordan Palmer exploited their "insider status" as close friends of Josh Allen to bring out somewhat embarrassing anecdotes that they wouldn't be able to bring out about other QBs with whom they are NOT as "close friends" and don't see those private moments, and that objectively, really wasn't well done of them.

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.