Colt McCoy for backup QB?

RenoNVBillsfan

McCoy all day before Kyle Allen. No, he is not great, but I believe he could be a veteran presence, and he can give the offense a competitive chance for 1-2 games, if needed.

Bring him in and Max Duggan as a developmental prospect for the Practice Squad.

While we are at it, I would drop Alec Anderson and Dodson and bring in Alex Leatherwood and Kirksey to replace those two.

Edited by Wizard

18 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Vick was here last week.  If it came down to a game or two, I'd rather have Vick. If Allen goes down longer than that the season is ***** anyway

If the Bills ever signed Vick (which is laughable, but I’ll play along), I’d take a hiatus from rooting for them until he was gone. 

I hear you that the Cardinals cut him. With that said, the Cardinals suck and every team knows they are intentionally tanking.

Colt McCoy maybe plays well enough to help Arizona squeak out 3 wins. That makes him expendable. No Kyler Murray or Colt McCoy or semblance of an offense is what it will take to pile more losses than any other team.

Arizona is a hot mess. Cutting McCoy is all about the right to draft Williams out of USC.

Edited by Wizard

10 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

He just got released from a team with absolutely no QB, tank or not they would have lost with him imo in Arizona.

They're tanking all right. I expect they'll do a Kaepernick job with Kyler Murray and keep him on the bench all year, not risking a new injury that would guarantee his contract. If McCoy were the starter they'd probably win 5 or 6 games, which might just drop them to 2nd or 3rd in the draft and ruin the plan.

So McCoy was cut because he's just a little too good to risk it.

10 hours ago, Wizard said:

McCoy all day before Kyle Allen. No, he is not great, but I believe he could be a veteran presence, and he can give the offense a competitive chance for 1-2 games, if needed.

Bring him in and Max Duggan as a developmental prospect for the Practice Squad.

While we are at it, I would drop Alec Anderson and Dodson and bring in Alex Leatherwood and Kirksey to replace those two.

isn't Allen a veteran also?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.