Wk 1 - Bills -1.5 vs Jets - who you picking - how much can we over analyze this over the next 3 wks?

Chaos

1 hour ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Umm, Davis retired....

Lol I just realized that! My point is simple, the Jets will play poorly in the first half and regroup in the second to squeak out a win. I also think win or lose the Jets lose big week 2 against NE because they will leave everything on the field against Buffalo who is the class of the AFCE right now.  I hope the Bills squeak out a win and the Jets start 0-2 and the grumbling starts in NY

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Hmm watching the Jets Giants replay. Sauce in coverage clear hold at end of contested play-no PI. Rodgers similar pass to Wilson, less handsy coverage .. and guess what PI!!

The Jets are all the rage in the largest media market. I’m expecting the calls to go for the Jets on Monday night game. Add 6 to the spread. Bills will struggle against this very good D. Unfortunately I’m going 27-23 Jets.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/21/2023 at 6:59 PM, zow2 said:

A couple weeks ago i expected Buffalo to roll the Jets in this one.  But my expectations have been lowered. The Oline is weak. I’m not as in love with James Cook as many people are. I wish Damien Harris was healthy for this one. I’d like to see JA get rid of the ball quicker.  Not every pass has to be a 20-25 yard rope. Take what they give you, and quickly, like Mahomes and Burrow do.

The D plays read and react too much. They allow guys to catch the ball too easily, not aggressive. and Poyer is slow.

Well Harris is now healthy. Cook will be annoying at times but if given 15 carries will break one. The Bills threw a short game vs Bears. So there’s that 😎

Jets all the way. A Rod, Hackett,  that defense, strong running game, superb young receiver. 

They simply cannot lose this game, while the Bills are one incomplete pass to Diggs from having a full locker room meltdown.  

Our window has slammed shut, the Jets' window is so wide and inviting Zach Wilson could throw a pass through it and not miss.

Jets 37 - Bills 16

Edited by RobbRiddick
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

On 8/22/2023 at 1:57 PM, FilthyBeast said:

If there was ever a remote possibility that Belichik leaves the Patriots organization after this year I think the Pegulas would be foolish not to jump all over it especially if this ends up being a down season in Buffalo or even another trip to the playoffs and early exit.

Only real challenge would be how quickly he could dump the current defensive scheme and transition to his style defense especially with the current roster on defense side.

BB will not want to or be invited to coach the Bills. If he’s run out of NE and still has the urge, his preference would be the Giants.

However, BD has done a great job and he’s not leaving. As a football historian I could see him going to the Bears with a good young QB (maybe). And his optimism that he can get the D going. Breaking the wins record at the home of Halas would be his finale. 

On 8/22/2023 at 4:04 PM, Toyo321 said:

Jets will win this game, our OL is still a work in progress and we just lost Doyle for the entire year and the next man up process will not go well against the Jets DL.  I seriously have doubts McD will be able to pull off his dual coaching responsibility this year.  Too much responsibility on his plate, and he is already known for his bad game day management.  He has not done well having his team ready to play when it matters.  This season is going to be sink or swim because they failed to bring in an outside DC, IMO.

The Jets could very well win this game because they are a solid team. 

1. Doyle was not expected to contribute significantly this year. If so given SB health and struggles he would have pushing for RT.

2. McClappy is likely to be a more balanced DC and way less predicable. He’s not particularly great game day anyway so I don’t see it getting worse if that makes sense. 
3. The sink or swim will be based on W’s but I don’t see an egregious loss of D performance. Particularly in the second half of the season when VM is back. 

• Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Jets all the way. A Rod, Hackett,  that defense, strong running game, superb young receiver. 

They simply cannot lose this game, while the Bills are one incomplete pass to Diggs from having a full locker room meltdown.  

Our window has slammed shut, the Jets' window is so wide and inviting Zach Wilson could throw a pass through it and not miss.

Jets 37 - Bills 16

I don't think the window is shut. The Bills have absolutely squandered a few good years of opportunities. It's been a myriad of reasons why. 

A healthy Allen in his prime clearly keeps the window open. However, I think it's fair to say the gap between other teams and Buffalo has closed or been increased. 

I still think you have to give Buffalo the nod for the division and a playoff birth. Advancing further seems to be getting more unlikely or at least more difficult. 

There's lots of reasons to be optimistic and pessimistic if that makes sense. 

More specifically, the Bills vs the Jets is a really tough ask. Lots of difficult factors the Bills have to overcome. Last year during the regular season the team really showed a lot of heart. Winning several close games that they lost in the past. 

I waiver back and forth on who is going to win the game. Initially, I picked the Jets because of the home field advantage, their defense, and Rodgers' experience. I'm still leaning NYJ. The betting public is pounding the Bills who are now at -2.5. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

This is my opinion…

the first half the Jets are way overhyped and make a lot of dumb mistakes and go down early… score at half 24-10

Second half the Jets calm down and their defense almost pitches a full half shut out.. it’s 27-23 with  45 seconds left and Rogers has the ball. He hits Davis for  25 yard TD to take the lead 30-27..  Allen marches down the field and with 10 seconds left they line up for the game tying FG of 50 yards and it hits the uprights…

Jets 30

Bills 27

close game and could go any way but I just see it as the Bills just coming up a bit short. But if it’s any consolation I see the Jets laying a big old egg against NE the following week and the Bills be tied for first after 2 weeks. 

I don't think McDermott has lost a game up 14 in last 4 years

You just want to piss people off with your take..  

Just say we lose if you think we do... Literally contrive a BS made up game with BS story lines just to make the bills collapse

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

The Jets could very well win this game because they are a solid team. 

1. Doyle was not expected to contribute significantly this year. If so given SB health and struggles he would have pushing for RT.

2. McClappy is likely to be a more balanced DC and way less predicable. He’s not particularly great game day anyway so I don’t see it getting worse if that makes sense. 
3. The sink or swim will be based on W’s but I don’t see an egregious loss of D performance. Particularly in the second half of the season when VM is back. 

I'm starting to wonder if McD will be calling the defensive plays. Reports are he didn't call the defensive plays during the pre season. That strikes me as kind of odd. Anyone have insight on this? 

McD has had an offseason to study tape on the Jets D.  

Rodgers should scare no one at this point.  

Bills and it won’t be close. 

Tuesday morning will be all “they just need a few games to gel” talk bs.  

Edited by Blackbeard
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think McDermott has lost a game up 14 in last 4 years

You just want to piss people off with your take..  

Just say we lose if you think we do... Literally contrive a BS made up game with BS story lines just to make the bills collapse

It isn’t a collapse. 14 points is not much when facing a HOF caliber QB like Rogers who has done it numerous times in his career.. and it’s at home in NJ. My breakdown was to show how close it will be  at the end.. I mean if someone thinking you lose a close game the road pisses you off.. that’s kinda sad. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

It isn’t a collapse. 14 points is not much when facing a HOF caliber QB like Rogers who has done it numerous times in his career.. and it’s at home in NJ. My breakdown was to show how close it will be  at the end.. I mean if someone thinking you lose a close game the road pisses you off.. that’s kinda sad. 

It could happen... but then I remember Meathead Saleh :lol: is the HC, and Nathaniel Hackett :lol: is the OC, and I don't see the Bills being surprised again.

• Haha (+1) 1

Jets 31 Bills 20.  Board in full tilt panic mode.

Seriously, this isnt a great wk 1 matchup especially on the road.  We struggle v the NYJ.  Our OL scares me, our D scares me at certain spots & I need to see this team focus.

This has the potential to be an ugly game imo.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

No 14 points in a half ... When your an AFC favorite would be a terrible loss. Josh Allen's also a  Hall of Fame quarterback on our side

You could have easily said the bills lose 27-24.... But you contrived a collapse

You literally manufactured the bills collapsing

Nobody cares if you just said bills lose 27-24... But you contrived a story to make us inept for a half lol

Corey Davis doesn't even play football anymore

Edited by Buffalo716

41 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

No 14 points in a half ... When your an AFC favorite would be a terrible loss. Josh Allen's also a  Hall of Fame quarterback on our side

You could have easily said the bills lose 27-24.... But you contrived a collapse

Nobody cares if you just said bills lose 27-24... But you contrived a story to make us inept for a half lol

Don’t think we lose but there is going to be plenty of inept football played this year. A whole half? Who knows but we have put out whole games of inept football several times with Big Blue. 😓

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Don’t think we lose but there is going to be plenty of inept football played this year. A whole half? Who knows but we have put out whole games of inept football several times with Big Blue. 😓

We were 13 and 3 last year...

There wasn't a lot of inept football despite what people say... The NFL is always tough.. games are usually always tough

The bills weren't lost... Decimated by injury, sure

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm starting to wonder if McD will be calling the defensive plays. Reports are he didn't call the defensive plays during the pre season. That strikes me as kind of odd. Anyone have insight on this? 

From what I have read, it’s because he has wanted to focus on evaluating players. Makes sense to me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Jets 37 - Bills 16

On the Diggs comment, I think we’re fine. I believe Josh(or his ex) won’t have anymore parties the night before a home game. I believe Josh won’t get another bartender pregnant. I believe the police won’t be needed at Josh’s place before a playoff game due to a pissed off ex. 
He said himself, we’ll see a more mature person this year. I think he even decided to work out this offseason. 
I’m just glad Diggs was the big brother Josh needed to call him out. He took the hits from Josh apologists and took it like a man(big brother). We will definitely benefit from Diggs doing what he did. No one else had the balls to call him out. Definitely needed. 

Oh, Bills 38 Jets 23

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Elam gets flagged 10 times out of 10 for being far less grabby

Sauce is the most handsy DB out there and by gosh the refs had better throw some flags this year on him or keep them in the pockets for everyone.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Allen is NOT a HOF QB yet! So that’s just premature.  Lmao a collapse, I can tell Bills fans are not use to winning yet. A loss like this happens to the greatest of teams from time to time. Sometimes it’s a downright humiliating loss like Buffalo beating NE 41-0 when Lawyer Malloy joined you, or when KC bet them like a rented mule.. the media and some fans had the team dead and this was the end for them.. both ended up being SB years the Bills one was similar to the Jets this year because of all the hoopla about how much better you were going to be that year. Again I was just showing how I see it happening, the Jets D is capable of shutting down any O for a half. 

my point is, win or lose opening day don’t get to high or low about it.. it’s just one game and even very good teams fair poorly in an environment that you will have in NJ opening week. They are going to treat it like their SB because the Bills are the top dogs in the East. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Allen is NOT a HOF QB yet! So that’s just premature.  Lmao a collapse, I can tell Bills fans are not use to winning yet. A loss like this happens to the greatest of teams from time to time. Sometimes it’s a downright humiliating loss like Buffalo beating NE 41-0 when Lawyer Malloy joined you, or when KC bet them like a rented mule.. the media and some fans had the team dead and this was the end for them.. both ended up being SB years the Bills one was similar to the Jets this year because of all the hoopla about how much better you were going to be that year. Again I was just showing how I see it happening, the Jets D is capable of shutting down any O for a half. 

my point is, win or lose opening day don’t get to high or low about it.. it’s just one game and even very good teams fair poorly in an environment that you will have in NJ opening week. They are going to treat it like their SB because the Bills are the top dogs in the East. 

This is a Bills forum...

Nobody cares if you predicted the bills to lose... You literally manufactured the bills to lose in the worst way possible... What people would call "billsy"

Which is why I commented

That's like saying Bills stands for boy I love losing super bowls... Which is the only joke I get in New England

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Jets 37 - Bills 16

You lost all credibility just by putting Hackett's name in this post. He is hot garbage.

This thread has definitely set the record for most troll posts in a long long time. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

We were 13 and 3 last year...

There wasn't a lot of inept football despite what people say... The NFL is always tough.. games are usually always tough

The bills weren't lost... Decimated by injury, sure

Wasnt specifying last year. Was a general observation.  We can disagree but a downvote comment because of opinion but doesn’t make it inaccurate. There has been several times where we’ve not shown up and been inept over the course of the past few years. Every team has a lapse here or there. 

But, going simply by last year, that is exactly how we ended it. Inept football in a playoff game. Make an excuse for injuries but our cornerstone players in Diggs and Allen were there and fine. Both have been the sole reason we won many games. 

On 8/27/2023 at 2:24 PM, newcam2012 said:

He will 

On 8/27/2023 at 5:03 PM, PatsFanNH said:

Reading your initial post, this was def NOT your point

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/23/2023 at 12:00 AM, PrimeTime101 said:

You guys think our OL is bad? They do not have backup Calibur Tackles let alone starting tackles on that line. Defensive battle but we got the better offensive line then them by far.

This game is won in the trenches. we win by 6

Becton is going to start at RT. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, balln said:

Going to vomit

its all show business / clebrity-ism 

Rodgers is ready to make a run in politics 

He’s been there 4 months he’s already changing lives - even this guy they haven’t figured out for 3 years.  Rodgers shows up, and he’s fixed.  

Amazing!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Jets defense looks very good , Rogers can help his OL by throwing accurate short darts like his preseason game.

He had the one really nice pass on the TD to Wilson. He threaded that right in there and the Giants CB had good coverage. Otherwise, he completed short easy passes mostly. Threw incomplete passes on the mid-range throws. He was OK but nothing special. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.