Deshaun Watson Taking Cheap Shots From Eagles At Joint Practice

Rico

36 minutes ago, Rico said:

wish this was true. article headline made it sound like Eagles were serving up some street justice to he who not be named..... but honestly it ended up sounding like it was just a very chippy practice all around. still nice to have live bullets flying around him, but headline was a bit click baity

If Watson can regain his old form, then that will only add to the battles in the AFCN. That division is going to be a bloodbath. All 4 teams have great rivalries with one another. The Bengals are the favorites to win the division, but they will have to really battle for it. Same with Bills dealing with the Jets and Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

wish this was true. article headline made it sound like Eagles were serving up some street justice to he who not be named..... but honestly it ended up sounding like it was just a very chippy practice all around. still nice to have live bullets flying around him, but headline was a bit click baity

What I heard was the the Browns really took it to the Iggles on day 1 of joint practices. In particular the Browns defense dominated the Iggles offense. This was a huge swing from last season when the Iggles dominated the Browns in all phases all week. So the Iggles players did not expect, like or appreciate what happened day 1. Consequently they showed up on Day 2 with a very large chip on their collective shoulder. Their intensity was much higher and they got dirty against more players than just Watson. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

What I heard was the the Browns really took it to the Iggles on day 1 of joint practices. In particular the Browns defense dominated the Iggles offense. This was a huge swing from last season when the Iggles dominated the Browns in all phases all week. So the Iggles players did not expect, like or appreciate what happened day 1. Consequently they showed up on Day 2 with a very large chip on their collective shoulder. Their intensity was much higher and they got dirty against more players than just Watson. 

Enter the Schwartz.  I think he was the most impactful addition in that division 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

While it doesn't sound like much, that batted ball play is the exact kind of play that Josh got injured on last season.

But it is ironic that the guy whining about is the guy whose job it is to prevent it from happening.

The only injury I would cheer for if that happened is Deshaun Watson. 

The local media is also reporting Watson is terrible in practice. He has been throwing a ton of picks especially in the joint practices with the Eagles. Schwartz can make them a #1 defense. But Watson is absolute trash. He was awful in the six games last year. He is fully guaranteed. All he needs to to do is show up and look like he cares and he gets paid. He is going to get the entire Browns regime fired by mid-season.

He has also blocked all the local media guys from his Twitter account.  Maybe that is not uncommon. I really don't know because I don't follow Twitter, but it did seem incredibly thin skinned.

Watson to Browns will surpass Walker to Vikings and Haynesworth to Washington as worst trade/contract in NFL history

Instead of cheap shots, I would rather see opposing teams play their best Defense and keep him continuously off balance to the point where he cannot put up a decent performance. The psychological effect of no longer being able to perform on the field will be a more fitting punishment than physical harm. As of now, we have no idea how this season will play out but I would like him out of the league due to poor performance and having him suffer that ignominy for the rest of his life.  

18 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Instead of cheap shots, I would rather see opposing teams play their best Defense and keep him continuously off balance to the point where he cannot put up a decent performance. The psychological effect of no longer being able to perform on the field will be a more fitting punishment than physical harm. As of now, we have no idea how this season will play out but I would like him out of the league due to poor performance and having him suffer that ignominy for the rest of his life.  

Nah, vicious cheap shots FTW.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.