YouTube TV - NFL Sunday Ticket question

Jerry Jabber

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

They used to under the DirecTV model. 

Thanks I'm planning to share it with my sister

Feel free to give it a try, and good luck! Unfortunately I think you can set it up for about 5 TV’s at your residence, and only one more user remotely. At least, that’s what I THINK it said before I got frustrated and left it to my wife. I must say, they did not do a great job of making the signup easy and intuitive. 

1 hour ago, nucci said:

with satellite, cable, regular tv, internet. You're never going to be in complete sync with all. I was ahead or behind family members last season and we all had directv or cable

I couldn’t text during the game with my son last year as I was a couple plays ahead of him. Even in my own house I can’t synch things up exactly.  

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah agree, for the first week everything went smooth with telecast. 

Only complaint I had was went into YTTV about 40 minutes prior to the game and it didn't show up in the top "highlights" section of upcoming programming so went looking for it and that took a bunch of scrolling.

Would be nice if YTTV had a little sub menu just for ST alone so everything related and only what's related is on one little package.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Only complaint I had was went into YTTV about 40 minutes prior to the game and it didn't show up in the top "highlights" section of upcoming programming so went looking for it and that took a bunch of scrolling.

Would be nice if YTTV had a little sub menu just for ST alone so everything related and only what's related is on one little package.

From an old guy that never streamed before this. YTTV home screen, select football,  select nfl and you'll see all of the upcoming games.

Now if someone could explain to me how to get rid of the "Zen Moments", I'd appreciate it. Not ZEN for me.🤣.  Never thought I'd miss actual commercials. 😱

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

In the ‘live’ channel section, I move ST near the top of the channel list to make it easy to find games.

33 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I guess like a retail store, they want you to browse everything else they have to offer to maximize profitability. But pissing so many new people off is also going to bring some immediate dissatisfaction. 

I hope it’s just a glitch they figure out and resolve. At least the old deal (once you negotiated access) was simple. I’m fond of simple, but it’s not true that that is my middle name. That was just a nasty rumor. 

43 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

When I logged in, it asked who my favorite NCAA team was.  I wonder if they will do the same next week for the NFL and then anything Bills related will be prompted at the top of your home page

27 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

From an old guy that never streamed before this. YTTV home screen, select football,  select nfl and you'll see all of the upcoming games.

Now if someone could explain to me how to get rid of the "Zen Moments", I'd appreciate it. Not ZEN for me.🤣.  Never thought I'd miss actual commercials. 😱

I actually appreciated the Zen moments much moreso than the same 3 commercials being played on repeat in more streaming services

28 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

ON YTTV, I have the BIlls saved as an "add to library" option in the library.  It showed up on the main screen for upcoming games.  I hadn't realized ST would be starting todaay so it was a nice surprise.  If was the first indication of Sunday Ticket showing up on my YTTV.

My son and I split the cost of it, we just talked about what needed to be done to make sure both houses have access.

It seemed to work fine today.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, syhuang said:

In the ‘live’ channel section, I move ST near the top of the channel list to make it easy to find games.

I assume you did that on a device other than your TV, but it then also shows up there. 

Is there a way to just move ST to the top or would it need to be on a game by game basis.  For example I have already moved  ESPN and NFL Network towards the top of my list.  But how do I move Bills vs ??? to the top?

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I assume you did that on a device other than your TV, but it then also shows up there. 

Is there a way to just move ST to the top or would it need to be on a game by game basis.  For example I have already moved  ESPN and NFL Network towards the top of my list.  But how do I move Bills vs ??? to the top?

yes, I change the live channel order on YouTube tv app which then reflects on TV too. It can be set on your google account as well (link)

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

I guess like a retail store, they want you to browse everything else they have to offer to maximize profitability. But pissing so many new people off is also going to bring some immediate dissatisfaction. 

I hope it’s just a glitch they figure out and resolve. At least the old deal (once you negotiated access) was simple. I’m fond of simple, but it’s not true that that is my middle name. That was just a nasty rumor. 

Yeah but I'm just scrolling through all the channels I've already subscribed to so they aren't selling me anything.

That's my one (well maybe one of my biggest) gripes with any and all streaming services.  It's not nearly as easy or fast to maneuver around to view programming as an old set top cable/DTV box/DVR is to use. 

Even the fact every time I want to enter YTTV, I need to start the app with takes maybe 20 to 30 seconds.  Why can't there be an option to just run in the background?

1 minute ago, syhuang said:

yes, I change the live channel order on YouTube tv app which then reflects on TV too. It can be set on your google account as well (link)

So is there a "channel" called ST that I can move to the top?  I assumed it would be listed by game??

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yeah but I'm just scrolling through all the channels I've already subscribed to so they aren't selling me anything.

That's my one (well maybe one of my biggest) gripes with any and all streaming services.  It's not nearly as easy or fast to maneuver around to view programming as an old set top cable/DTV box/DVR is to use. 

Even the fact every time I want to enter YTTV, I need to start the app with takes maybe 20 to 30 seconds.  Why can't there be an option to just run in the background?

If you and I come up with a solution to consolidate all the streaming and cable options into a seamless operating system with just a couple touches to get anywhere, something that made everything easy to everyone……..we could build our OWN stadium downtown, complete with dome! Think of it as a vacation house! 

1 hour ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Boy, does West Herr Ford have a deal for YOU!!!  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/24/2023 at 6:19 PM, Steptide said:

Just got the student discount with my nephews student ID. Told him he'll get a nice Christmas present this year 😅. Dang, just saved $200. Let's go

The student discount plan looks like it's handled differently than the DirecTV one.  Can you describe the process so I can tell my nephew how

it's done or did you do it with his info?  If you don't want to do it in this thread, could I PM you?

12 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The student discount plan looks like it's handled differently than the DirecTV one.  Can you describe the process so I can tell my nephew how

it's done or did you do it with his info?  If you don't want to do it in this thread, could I PM you?

I searched for the nfl channel YouTube page on YouTube. When it came up in the search results, there was a link attached to it ("get the Sunday ticket" or something like that). When I clicked on it, it gave me a few options. The student option was under the full price option, in kinda small print. Once I clicked that it took me to a YouTube student verification page. I copied the link and sent it to my nephew. He filled out and said it was verified. Once I went back to my YouTube TV page it told me I was eligible for the student discount, which I purchased immediately. I think the trick is to stay logged into your account when the student puts in their student verification.

Edited by Steptide
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I searched for the nfl channel YouTube page on YouTube. When it came up in the search results, there was a link attached to it ("get the Sunday ticket" or something like that). When I clicked on it, it gave me a few options. The student option was under the full price option, in kinda small print. Once I clicked that it took me to a YouTube student verification page. I copied the link and sent it to my nephew. He filled out and said it was verified. Once I went back to my YouTube TV page it told me I was eligible for the student discount, which I purchased immediately. I think the trick is to stay logged into your account when the student puts in their student verification.

That's what I was wondering about.  It seems my nephew could get pre-verified using that SheerID system.

You no doubt were logged into YouTube with your own account, true?

I take it you just used your credit card for the purchase.  If so, that cool, the kids don't need to get involved in paying if true.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

That's what I was wondering about.  It seems my nephew could get pre-verified using that SheerID system.

You no doubt were logged into YouTube with your own account, true?

I take it you just used your credit card for the purchase.  If so, that cool, the kids don't need to get involved in paying if true.

Yes, logged into my YouTube account and paid with my card

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

If you and I come up with a solution to consolidate all the streaming and cable options into a seamless operating system with just a couple touches to get anywhere, something that made everything easy to everyone……..we could build our OWN stadium downtown, complete with dome! Think of it as a vacation house! 

I can live with the separate streaming apps.  Just make it easier that as soon as I click on YTTV (or Netflix, Prime, etc) it immediately goes to my home screen for that app, no opening delays.

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I can live with the separate streaming apps.  Just make it easier that as soon as I click on YTTV (or Netflix, Prime, etc) it immediately goes to my home screen for that app, no opening delays.

I just don’t want to have to switch between DTV streaming cable, DTV Dish (because streaming does not get NFLN), Prime, YouTube TV and whatever else you need to watch a Bills game.

I know they understand the economics better than I do, but this is getting annoying. I don’t like making it more expensive. I HATE making it more complicated. It’s like college basketball, you know where to find your team. Go to the NCAA Tournament and we are all looking for TruTV. 

Very pleased.  The pause capability allowed me to synch the radio feed on SiriusXM over the air feed with the game about a 15 second delay same as I had with DTV.  The Zen moments was interesting don’t see that continuing during the season or advertising folks will be po’d

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Very pleased.  The pause capability allowed me to synch the radio feed on SiriusXM over the air feed with the game about a 15 second delay same as I had with DTV.  The Zen moments was interesting don’t see that continuing during the season or advertising folks will be po’d

There might be a Go Fund Me appealing to those of us who need a Zen moment once the season begins. Don’t laugh. It may save lives. 

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I just saved $180 by talking to support and getting switched over to a student plan

I signed up in the beginning a few months ago. I figured they wouldn’t offer a student discount, which I am eligible for. Were you in the same boat? Did you just explain the situation and they refunded you the $180? 

10 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I signed up in the beginning a few months ago. I figured they wouldn’t offer a student discount, which I am eligible for. Were you in the same boat? Did you just explain the situation and they refunded you the $180? 

Yes sir. I just used the chat feature. They were very friendly. They actually ended up cancelling and refunding the regular Ticket and then I signed up for the student version afterwards. (It wouldn't let you sign up for the student version if you already had the regular version.) They aren't supposed to do any cancellations or refunds, so they really did it on the honor system, just trusting me that I would in fact sign up for the student version.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yes sir. I just used the chat feature. They were very friendly. They actually ended up cancelling and refunding the regular Ticket and then I signed up for the student version afterwards. (It wouldn't let you sign up for the student version if you already had the regular version.) They aren't supposed to do any cancellations or refunds, so they really did it on the honor system, just trusting me that I would in fact sign up for the student version.

That's great.  

Just a note to fans wanting to get Student discount plan.  I just signed up from my nephew in Buffalo.

He created a new YouTube account with a username of his student email address and gave me the password.

He gave me the info and I signed up on my laptop.  Everything went great BUT when I went to my Roku TV YouTube channel I didn't

have it.  I had to sign out of my laptop account to see it on the Roku. 

The YouTube student discount is for one device only at a time.  I'm guessing by purchasing on the laptop account I had to sign out of that

one to see it on the Roku.

FWIW.

• Like (+1) 1

Has anyone tried to bring up their Sunday ticket on two devices at the same time yet?  I have two big screen TVs side by side in the man cave. TV 1 is a Roku tv with the YouTube app built in and the Sunday ticket prime channels works perfect. Upcoming games for Sunday are shown and are listed. On TV 2 right next to it, I’m running the YouTube app through a new Apple TV box and the Sunday ticket  prime channels comes up fine but it’s not showing the upcoming games listed like it does on TV 1.  I spent over an hour on the phone with YouTube’s IT dept and so far no one can figure it out. I’ve reset the app multiple times deleted and reinstalled it, signed in and out numerous times but still no games are listed as upcoming for Sunday. 

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this when trying to stream on two separate devices?? 

Edited by Billznut

On 8/15/2023 at 5:16 PM, Steptide said:

It's be nice if YouTube offered a payment plan. Like $50 a month during the season like directv did. 

They do, 4 $100 payments if you don't have YouTubeTV and are paying the full $400

2 hours ago, Billznut said:

Has anyone tried to bring up their Sunday ticket on two devices at the same time yet?  I have two big screen TVs side by side in the man cave. TV 1 is a Roku tv with the YouTube app built in and the Sunday ticket prime channels works perfect. Upcoming games for Sunday are show and are listed. On TV 2 right next to it, I’m running the YouTube app through a new Apple TV box and the Sunday ticket  prime channels comes up fine but it’s not showing the upcoming games listed like it does on TV 1.  I spent over an hour on the phone with YouTube’s IT dept and so far no one can figure it out. I’ve reset the app multiple times deleted and reinstalled it, signed in and out numerous times but still no games are listed as upcoming for Sunday. 

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this when trying to stream on two separate devices?? 

Don't worry about it, not all the apps look and feel the same on each device.  For example, my netflix app looks uniquely different depending if I am using AppleTV, ROKU, Amazon Fire, Smart TV App, etc.  

Sunday Ticket isn't active yet, and won't see true layout until Sunday 1 hour before games begin.  So it will likely work itself out by then and you will see all the games by then on both devices.  All the device apps are built and run separately, so probably just wasn't updated on one of them yet with the game schedule.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, macofniagara said:

Finally switched off Spectrum to YouTube TV.  I live in Ithaca and have always gotten Bills games on CBS.  I'm still getting local channels on CBS, ABC, NBC on YouTube TV so is it safe to assume I'll get the CBS Bills games?

If you did before, you still should. You could also try a digital antenna. 

Just as a side note, I visited relatives this past weekend who had YTTV, and I had a chance to operate the remote/channel surf, and I gotta say that was the worst, most non-user friendly system I have ever seen, by far.

They only recently got the YTTV service, so maybe they didn’t have it set up properly? On the "guide" screen, channels did not even have a number, so you had to do endless scrolling to find channels, and they weren't organized/grouped by any rhyme or reason. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

Just as a side note, I visited relatives this past weekend who had YTTV, and I had a chance to operate the remote/channel surf, and I gotta say that was the worst, most non-user friendly system I have ever seen, by far.

They only recently got the YTTV service, so maybe they didn’t have it set up properly? On the "guide" screen, channels did not even have a number, so you had to do endless scrolling to find channels, and they weren't organized/grouped by any rhyme or reason. 

I cut the cord a while ago and have saved a ton of money BUT you are correct about the user interface on most streaming services.

I got Sling and it's the same way.

The best way I have found on Sling is to go through all the channel and indicate all your favorites.  Then after you do that and click "favorites"

in the top guide banner, it lists them A-Z.  It's not ideal but not that bad.  Not sure how YTTV is but you might want to give it a try.

At least doing a favorite group in the guide gleans out all the useless channels they have and there is a lot of them.

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

Unfortunately it takes time with the user interface on YTTV especially if you are using a firestick as the gateway.

Definitely prefer having actually numbered channels and ability to quickly flip between multiple ones like standard cable services and Directv.

At the end of the day though not much anyone can do since this is the only for Sunday Ticket going forward.

2 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Definitely needs some work!!!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Not having numbers isn't a big deal. Channel numbers are all different depending on your service. You log in to youtube TV on your laptop and set up the guide any way you'd like...in any order. You can put your favorites right at the top. Also you can hide channels you don't like or never watch. it takes a bit to get used to because it's new but no different than any other service.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

Not having numbers isn't a big deal. Channel numbers are all different depending on your service. You log in to youtube TV on your laptop and set up the guide any way you'd like...in any order. You can put your favorites right at the top. Also you can hide channels you don't like or never watch. it takes a bit to get used to because it's new but no different than any other service.

If you have more than 4 favorites...and most people will have many more that that...then I assume you have to scroll horizontally to find one of those favorites, as they'll be at the top of the screen? Instead of just punching in a 3 or 4 number code on your remote to instantly go to the channel? Sorry, but that IS much different.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.