Matt Milano top rated pursuit LB in Madden 24

DJB

• DJB changed the title to Matt Milano top rated pursuit LB in Madden 24

What was nice to see is our coaching staff paying Milano what he wanted and understanding the importance of retaining him, but then also understanding that the right move was to let Edmunds walk.

They got that right.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Lost said:

Clap rating:  99

Imagining an NFL Blitz version where once per game you’re allowed to have your coach use his special ability.

McDermott could do the Hulk Clap to tackle a ball carrier from the sidelines.

Tomlin would just stick his leg to trip the guy running by him.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Jones should be higher, like low-mid 80s I agree, but Murray rating is about right.  

Yeah, I could see Daquon Jones being an 80 overall. He is probably too low.

Our defense is going to go thru a big change this year perhaps. It could very well be that not only did we let Edmunds go, we are drastically changing what that LB does.  I think we are going to play two pursuit LBs now. Two attacking LBs….

I think that if this is true, it is one of the biggest stories of the off season.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

What was nice to see is our coaching staff paying Milano what he wanted and understanding the importance of retaining him, but then also understanding that the right move was to let Edmunds walk.

They got that right.

who is the scapegoat now? 

20 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

They got that right.

The right move would have been keeping Edmunds also, and they are very very aware of that.

But there just wasn't money for it. Sometimes you have to let a guy go who you would much rather keep. 

They've made it very, very clear that this was one of those cases.

They'd obviously have improved the team by bringing Edmunds back, same as they would by bringing in Hopkins. But good money management and a determination to stay competitive each year means they had to sacrifice.

We have yet to see how well this will work out. Right now, MLB looks like it might be an area where they have to cover up a weakness. Hopefully not, but right now that's probably the best guess. I could certainly be wrong, and I hope that's the way it works out. 

But losing Edmunds is likely to hurt us.

18 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Ed Oliver.

Yup. He seems like the most likely one. And of course the OC, whoever it is. Like forever.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

The right move would have been keeping Edmunds also, and they are very very aware of that.

But there just wasn't money for it. Sometimes you have to let a guy go who you would much rather keep. 

They've made it very, very clear that this was one of those cases.

They'd obviously have improved the team by bringing Edmunds back, same as they would by bringing in Hopkins. But good money management and a determination to stay competitive each year means they had to sacrifice.

We have yet to see how well this will work out. Right now, MLB looks like it might be an area where they have to cover up a weakness. Hopefully not, but right now that's probably the best guess. I could certainly be wrong, and I hope that's the way it works out. 

But losing Edmunds is likely to hurt us.

Yup. He seems like the most likely one. And of course the OC, whoever it is. Like forever.

Right…… so they felt letting him go because the price tag didn’t meet the impact was the right move. They turned around and gave that money to Ed Oliver- a DT (who I love) with minimal production to show for the money he’s being paid.  The money was there to pay edmunds….. they just didn’t think he was worth it.

twist it however you like it- the bills felt about edmunds the same way the majority of the board did.  Good player.  Not worthy of being paid like he was going to get paid.  

We’ll miss him this season, I have no doubt.  Going forward, they made the right move.  I have very little doubt about that.  He’s not worth it.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

They got that right.

Milano is really, really good. But I think Bills fans have lost their minds on Edmunds. Obviously, we weren’t matching that contract but it’s wild to act like the guy was some bum and didn’t help this defense. He’s one of the better pass coverage MLBs in football and for as terrible as he was (I know you aren’t saying that but some act like it), we had top 3 defenses consistently while he was here. MLBs deserve a bunch of credit for that. 

I think Bills fans are going to be in for a bit of an awakening if this defense slips this year. I think the pass defense should be really good but it will be how we hold up against the run with what has to be one of the smallest groups of LBs in the nfl. 

22 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

They got that right.

Disagree. Should have kept both Milano and Edmunds and let Oliver walk 

On 7/21/2023 at 12:00 PM, vtnatefootball11 said:

Jones should be higher, like low-mid 80s I agree, but Murray rating is about right.  

Low-mid 80's would put him on par or above people like:

Ed Oliver (81) 

Fletcher Cox (81)

Arik Armstead (82)

Javon Hargrave (84)

Do you think he's better than them? I'm not sure, but I know overall Madden ratings are pretty conservative & lean lower than fans tend to think. 

Is an 87 overall rating good? Many people would say it's solid, but then you realize that's the rating they gave the Chiefs as the best team in the league. It's all relative to other players & teams (Bills have an 82 btw).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.