Dalvin Cook released.

Gregg

1 hour ago, 17islongenough said:

Looks like Ricky Williams is back in town and made a stop in coach's office to share a few brownies with him before the press conference.

And what's with the pineapples on the backdrop... are they advertising for "adventurous couples with alternative lifestyles?"

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

That is one you want to hide for sure.

He had glowing reports about all our top picks this year,  At least he had some negatives on his Cameron Denzler video..

Erik Turner speaks to the film he is showing, and he's an expert at it (it becomes obvious if you watch a fair amount of his content). There's really no opportunity to be biased about that as its based on real plays on tape and you can see it for yourself in plain sight. Maybe you guys are misquoting his take on Saffold, or thinking of some of the other cover1 presenters. I found this video with a quick search that Erik did. Here he is speaking highly about Saffold in the run game only (along with 3 former NFL O-linemen agreeing at the time about his effectiveness in the running game at the time). As it turned out, clearly Saffold lost any and all of his foot speed he may have had left and was atrocious in the passing game all year, but I never heard Erik say he was any good in the passing game. Erik shows plenty of negative plays guys make on tape throughout the season as well as the good ones, but of course as an outlet that relies on likes and subs they are going to cover aspects that the people want to see.

16 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Good point, No he is not.

I think you might be thinking of Yannick Ngakoue

Our new addition is a very solid all-around player

Miami’s running game was already very good so this isn’t anything that puts them over the top

Their weakness is the same one that they are not able to address the fact that their quarterback is taking on concussions at an alarming rate

20 hours ago, boyst said:

He has hit a major drop off from his peak. He will still be a force. On the right team where he has limited touches and a good OC he will prosper. He could get 1k in Miami, NY, SD, or teams who pass.

Cook did torch us last year.

11 hours ago, transient said:

And what's with the pineapples on the backdrop... are they advertising for "adventurous couples with alternative lifestyles?"

Pineapples have been long used as a symbol of royalty and hospitality, beginning in Europe after Columbus returned. 

An upside-down pineapple is used to express "adventurous couples with alternative lifestyles."

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, transient said:

Looks like Ricky Williams is back in town and made a stop in coach's office to share a few brownies with him before the press conference.

only if the Pineapples are upside down!

45 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Pineapples have been long used as a symbol of royalty and hospitality, beginning in Europe after Columbus returned. 

An upside-down pineapple is used to express "adventurous couples with alternative lifestyles."

Correct!

7 minutes ago, boyst said:

not true.

oh its true, its damn true  -Kurt Angle

I know this from experience my friend!

Are you married?

Lets hang out sometime!

What Does an Upside-Down Pineapple Mean? An upside-down pineapple is actually an identifying symbol that swingers use to recognize each other in public. It signals to others that you are interested in "swinging."

Edited by TBBills Fan

5 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Cook did torch us last year.

I’m not a fan of taking away a players longest run and hitting people with stats that show a player didn’t have as good of a game, buuuuut take away that 81 yard TD and Cook goes 13 carries for 38 yards @ 2.9 per carry.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

I’m not a fan of taking away a players longest run and hitting people with stats that show a player didn’t have as good of a game, buuuuut take away that 81 yard TD and Cook goes 13 carries for 38 yards @ 2.9 per carry.

My way of dealing with that is to treat the really long runs as, say, 25 yard runs because 81 just skews everything so much. If you treat it as a 25 yard run -- which is really good but also a pretty common result in an NFL game -- he's 14 carries for 63 yards. That's 4.5 yards per carry -- which was pretty much his season average!

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Running backs get treated like garbage.  Why would would you ever want your son to be one if they have nfl talent? 

Completely swung that game with one play. Painful to watch live.

I was there! Ugh.

1 hour ago, TBBills Fan said:

oh its true, its damn true  -Kurt Angle

I know this from experience my friend!

Are you married?

Lets hang out sometime!

What Does an Upside-Down Pineapple Mean? An upside-down pineapple is actually an identifying symbol that swingers use to recognize each other in public. It signals to others that you are interested in "swinging."

it is also just being a regular pineapple... the symbol has changed

@TBBills Fan I'll add this. Due to social media + online dating the symbol of just 🍍without being upside down is valid. I learned this when I was single and on tinder finding women who had this and no idea what it means.

Edited by boyst
  • Eyeroll 1

First of all, watching Dalvin Cook highlights, you notice right away that the Minnesota O-line was a lot better than what the Bills had last year.  D Cook would be working hard for short gains, like Singletary did last year, but the difference is that if D Cook gets a hole he can take more advantage of it than Motor could.  

Second, assuming the Bills O-line changes are upgrades, Cook would be a better option than any of the FA RBs the Bills picked up.

But, dollars.  I can't see how they Bills could swing a salary attractive for D Cook.

57 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

You are right to not take away the 81 yard run. I wish our poor tackling D had been able to do that. Even franchise backs get stuffed a lot. It's when they break games open that you realize why they are special. 

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

Taking extreme outliers away from a dataset is most cases provided for a more accurate conclusion.  

For example, let’s say cook was burning us for 10 yards a clip, than fumbles the ball from his RZ, where’s its kicked around and eventually recovered for an 81 yard loss.  Now his 20 rushes for 200 yards looks like 21 rushes for 119 or 5.6 yards per carry. I’m a huge fan of Dalvin, I draft him nearly every year for fantasy but his 81 yard run in which he made one cut, hit a gaping hole and was never touched had nothing to do with how good he is (and he is exceptional) it had to do with how awful the Bills defense executed on that play.  Any RB that runs a sub 4.8 takes that 81 yards to the house.  

20 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

You are right to not take away the 81 yard run. I wish our poor tackling D had been able to do that. Even franchise backs get stuffed a lot. It's when they break games open that you realize why they are special. 

Poor tackling?  He wasn’t touched on the play.  He wasn’t even breathed on.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.