New Highmark Stadium Announcement Video.

Lost

^^ Add another Billi on the cost of the Bills stadium for the Jags new digs.  I could only imagine Bills fans "it's expensive AND futuristic?  I hate it, I'm a Rockpile guy, we don't need no amenities!!" 🤣 :beer: 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

When I see things like this, one criticism of the Bills stadium process - what’s up with the damn secrecy around renderings and videos? Feel like every team linked to a new stadium has flashy renderings and fly through videos. We’ve pretty much gotten crumbs on the new Highmark Stadium and it’s been approved/broken ground!

Also, that Jags spaceship is ridiculous. Video filled with a bunch of non football related activities and nonsensical “economic development/driver” fluff and BS. I got a chuckle during the video at the rendering of the guy playing pool at the stadium. Come on, are we here to watch a ball game or not?!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Jacksonville? Are you serious?

smh... c'mon Buffalo.

FyBreffWYAErkZA?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FyBriS5XgAIQiDH?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FyBrkfDXwAcrQBR?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FyBrvfeWAAM86u2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The new Bills stadium is a cheap knockoff of a stadium built in 2019 (Tottenham) so the design will already be 7 years old and out of style the day it's finished in 2026. You only have to look at the other new stadiums being built around the league to know that we got the bargain basement of stadiums. Terry is cheap

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

The new Bills stadium is a cheap knockoff of a stadium built in 2019 (Tottenham) so the design will already be 7 years old and out of style the day it's finished in 2026. You only have to look at the other new stadiums being built around the league to know that we got the bargain basement of stadiums. Terry is cheap

Yeah, I've been to a game at Tottenham; even that 7-year-old stadium looks far better than what we ended up with.

Pathetic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Good God, some of you guys are the biggest cry babies I've ever heard.

Funny how the same people, find a new thing to B word about day after day. 🤣  It’s the TBD (or, sports fan) way… :beer:

• Agree 3

44 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Funny how the same people, find a new thing to B word about day after day. 🤣  It’s the TBD (or, sports fan) way… :beer:

Naw we usually just B about the same things over and over when the people with rose colored glasses keep bringing up the same things over and over. Someone’s got to be realistic about things. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

28 minutes ago, mrags said:

Naw we usually just B about the same things over and over when the people with rose colored glasses keep bringing up the same things over and over. Someone’s got to be realistic about things. 

Marv should change his phrase to What else would we cry about than everyone, everything, everywhere for always.  

If he did would that be “realistic” enough for you or is something missing?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Marv should change his phrase to What else would we cry about than everyone, everything, everywhere for always.  

If he did would that be “realistic” enough for you or is something missing?

All out of the latest 64 pack of Crayola I see. Go back to your coloring book 

Some Folk need to realize it’s a football stadium not a mall…, your not going shopping, you’re going to the game…, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/8/2023 at 2:49 PM, BillStime said:

Yeah, I've been to a game at Tottenham; even that 7-year-old stadium looks far better than what we ended up with.

Pathetic.

Agreed. The Buffalo Bills ownership is banking on less is more that Buffalo Bills fans won’t care if they get less and pay the same price as the Jacksonville Jaguars yet get less. Only time will tell if that assumption is the case? This subject is beyond the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo this is the 4 major league sports as a whole. If it isn’t the case Bills fans will be discussing why didn’t we see what other Bills fans saw on this board? Or by today’s society standards blame us those that said no we aren’t paying more in Buffalo than in Jacksonville to get less along with freezing we aren’t suckers. What concerns me as a Bills fan is how much PSE is banking on Bills fans PSL’s to fund their own stadium portion of this. I wonder how much money Terry Pegula has cash reserves or if he is heavily leveraged with the banks like the 1969 Seattle Pilots owners.

Again I don’t know but I don’t believe Terry Pegula is richer than Bob Rich JR regardless of what Forbes says or doesn’t say. I think Terry Pegula spent a lot of money on losing sports business spin off projects downtown and I think he is leveraged with the banks that keep things going up to operate. That is why I think some of our local very cheap Buffalo business people want nothing to do with owning the Buffalo Bills or Buffalo Sabres even Bob Rich JR ran when he could get out of the Buffalo Sabres ownership never to be seen when it came to the Buffalo Bills and sponsoring the stadium Rich Stadium. These leagues are beyond the wealthy families watch out because nothing is too big to fail including the NFL in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 minute ago, I am leaving for good said:

Agreed. The Buffalo Bills ownership is banking on less is more that Buffalo Bills fans won’t care if they get less and pay the same price as the Jacksonville Jaguars yet get less. Only time will tell if that assumption is the case? This subject is beyond the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo this is the 4 major league sports as a whole. If it isn’t the case Bills fans will be discussing why didn’t we see what other Bills fans saw on this board? Or by today’s society standards blame us those that said no we aren’t paying more in Buffalo than in Jacksonville to get less along with freezing we aren’t suckers. What concerns me as a Bills fan is how much PSE is banking on Bills fans PSL’s to fund their own stadium portion of this. I wonder how much money Terry Pegula has cash reserves or if he is heavily leveraged with the banks like the 1969 Seattle Pilots owners.

Again I don’t know but I don’t believe Terry Pegula is richer than Bob Rich JR regardless of what Forbes says or doesn’t say. I think Terry Pegula spent a lot of money on losing sports business spin off projects downtown and I think he is leveraged with the banks that keep things going up to operate. That is why I think some of our local very cheap Buffalo business people want nothing to do with owning the Buffalo Bills or Buffalo Sabres even Bob Rich JR ran when he could get out of the Buffalo Sabres ownership never to be seen when it came to the Buffalo Bills and sponsoring the stadium Rich Stadium. These leagues are beyond the wealthy families watch out because nothing is too big to fail including the NFL in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I believe the Pegula’s initially wanted the stadium downtown to complement their downtown investments hence the selection of the Tottenham Stadium design - because it looks absolutely stunning as if it blends in the urban fabric of Tottenham.

After surveys and the outrage from tailgaters - Terry caved - yet retained the same design and watered it down.

Sad

58 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I believe the Pegula’s initially wanted the stadium downtown to complement their downtown investments hence the selection of the Tottenham Stadium design - because it looks absolutely stunning as if it blends in the urban fabric of Tottenham.

After surveys and the outrage from tailgaters - Terry caved - yet retained the same design and watered it down.

Sad

No ,downtown stadium would’ve been close to $1 billion more

We have the infrastructure in Orchard Park not downtown

it would be 2-2.5 billion downtown 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

No ,downtown stadium would’ve been close to $1 billion more

We have the infrastructure in Orchard Park not downtown

it would be 2-2.5 billion downtown 

That’s baloney - downtown was built to support twice its current population. 

Regarding infrastructure - downtown has far more options than OP will ever have.

Building in OP is a colossal miss for the REGION.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Regarding infrastructure - downtown has far more options than OP will ever have.

The Eastside Westside North Buffalo and South Buffalo historically always held the most population

Downtown never held more than 20k to 25k  population 

And the area around harbor where it was rumored DOES NOT have the infrastructure in place 

it would’ve been massive project 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

On 6/9/2023 at 3:50 PM, BillStime said:

Sad

Wrong.

A downtown stadium would have been ensnared in eminent domain and environmental lawsuits, delaying construction by years. In the meantime, the upper deck at Highmark will not be habitable by 2026 (Google it). It was a battle of time. Remember... this is a community that could not build a Peace Bridge or even a simple Bass Pro.

Not to mention the added cost of downtown. The modest cost of OP is making people squeal like stuck pigs. Imagine the higher costs of downtown.

Tailgaters had zero to do with the decision.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, boater said:

Wrong.

A downtown stadium would have been ensnared in eminent domain and environmental lawsuits, delaying construction by years. In the meantime, the upper deck at Highmark will not be habitable by 2026 (Google it). It was a battle of time. Remember... this is a community that could not build a Peace Bridge or even a simple Bass Pro.

Not to mention the added cost of downtown. The modest cost of OP is making people squeal like stuck pigs. Imagine the higher costs of downtown.

Tailgaters had zero to do with the decision.

Yea yea ya - enjoy the tailgate 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/9/2023 at 3:50 PM, BillStime said:

Sad

I 100% believe this. In the last 10 years Pegula and other investors have built up downtown preparing for this. Then the surveys and public outcry got out and he panicked and decided to save his own money instead of bucking up extra for a downtown stadium. Probably thought with the Angry mob of fans all butthurt they couldn’t tailgate anymore would boycott games. I won’t comment on the design. Overall I’m pretty pleased with it but with it was at least 1 of 2 things, downtown, and with a roof of some sort. 

On 6/9/2023 at 5:38 PM, BillStime said:

This. People forget that the City of Buffalo once had over 500,000 people in the 60s. The infrastructure is built and set up for it just fine. People don’t want to put a reasonable thought into it or can’t comprehend it. Sure there would have been some infrastructure upgrades needed, but it’s not like these things don’t happen yearly anyway. If the stadium was built on the Perry Project site, you could have had exits/entrance ramps direct to/from stadium parking right to the 190 which immediately hits 2-3 lanes in either direction. The city traffic isn’t as big of an issue when the highway butts right up to the stadium. Again, it’s all about the tailgating and the precious people loosing their ability to jump through flaming tables 10 Sunday’s a year. Which is going to be fazed out anyway. If people don’t think the Bills org is going around buying as many private lots as possible before this new stadium is built, they are delusional. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

I 100% believe this. In the last 10 years Pegula and other investors have built up downtown preparing for this. Then the surveys and public outcry got out and he panicked and decided to save his own money instead of bucking up extra for a downtown stadium. Probably thought with the Angry mob of fans all butthurt they couldn’t tailgate anymore would boycott games. I won’t comment on the design. Overall I’m pretty pleased with it but with it was at least 1 of 2 things, downtown, and with a roof of some sort. 

This. People forget that the City of Buffalo once had over 500,000 people in the 60s. The infrastructure is built and set up for it just fine. People don’t want to put a reasonable thought into it or can’t comprehend it. Sure there would have been some infrastructure upgrades needed, but it’s not like these things don’t happen yearly anyway. If the stadium was built on the Perry Project site, you could have had exits/entrance ramps direct to/from stadium parking right to the 190 which immediately hits 2-3 lanes in either direction. The city traffic isn’t as big of an issue when the highway butts right up to the stadium. Again, it’s all about the tailgating and the precious people loosing their ability to jump through flaming tables 10 Sunday’s a year. Which is going to be fazed out anyway. If people don’t think the Bills org is going around buying as many private lots as possible before this new stadium is built, they are delusional. 

The eastside , west side , and north/south Buffalo held the majority of the population 

downtown never held more than around 20-25k maximum 

the other areas held 600k… Sabres games are a mess with 19k lol

Edited by Buffalo716

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The eastside , west side , and north/south Buffalo held the majority of the population 

downtown never held more than around 20-25k maximum 

the other areas held 600k… Sabres games are a mess with 19k lol

Sabres games are a mess because the arena isn’t butted up against the 190. Again, you can spit from the Perry street projects to the 190. Huge difference. 

Drove by the stadium an hour ago.athree large piles of Dirt Chain link fence around whole area including what looks like some of Hammer's lot. Whole buch of earthmovers parked inside fence.

22 minutes ago, Heitz said:

If anyone would like to read the report about costs, infrastructure considerations, roof v no roof, etc. here's a link to the analysis report from late '21

https://esd.ny.gov/sites/default/files/news-articles/ESD-Bills-Stadium-Analysis-Summary-FINAL-11-1-21.pdf

Or just continue to argue with your guts vs data :beer: 

You know someone is going to get mad when they see a full roof would have only cost another 198m.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.