Matt Araiza

SCBills

2 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

He still admitted to having sex with an underage girl. And he alibi for not being part of the ***** was:

“Gilleon told CBS8 in San Diego that the witness on whom prosecutors based their opinion that Araiza was not present during the alleged gang rape was a “buddy.””

Got it. Case closed. 

How is her lawyer saying something which may or may not be true…..and possibly leaving other details out, better than his lawyer doing the same type of thing?  I can’t be confident I KNOW much about this case but I KNOW they both have idiots for lawyers.

Just now, HappyDays said:

She actually did not. If you read the allegation to the letter, she accuses his teammates of raping her, not Araiza himself. She says he "threw her onto the bed" but never directly accuses him of participating in the alleged gang rape. Her attorney just used Araiza's name to draw attention to the complaint. But he chose his words very carefully.

Words like “final” and “absolutely” have nuanced meanings to Doc.

On 5/8/2023 at 7:43 PM, HappyDays said:

Hopefully he gets his career back at least. He'll never be a Bill, but some NFL team should give him a shot.

He won't be now. But who knows in the future?

He lost at least a full year, was smeared and some of it will remain, the Bills lost a 6th round draft pick for nothing.

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

She actually did not. If you read the allegation to the letter, she accuses his teammates of raping her, not Araiza himself. She says he "threw her onto the bed" but never directly accuses him of participating in the alleged gang rape. Her attorney just used Araiza's name to draw attention to the complaint. But he chose his words very carefully.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/matt-araiza-rape-lawsuit-buffalo-bills.html

"In the lawsuit she accused the men, including Araiza, of raping her for about an hour and a half before she “stumbled out of the room bloody and crying.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Are you serious with this crap? Yeah, the Bills should have had stood by a rookie punter who had a rape charge hanging over his head when they were SB contenders. That definitely won’t have been a distraction. For a punter. Brilliant!

Guess why the Steelers stood by Big Rape when got accused (thank god he didn’t kneel!)? Because he’s a star qb. No team with a brain is standing by a punter with that charge. Is it right l? Hell no, but it absolutely idiotic to blame the Bills for not wanting to deal with the headache. For a punter. 

Your probably one of those pieces of ***** screaming from the roof top saying he is guilty before any chargers where filed or if any chargers be filed

16 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

can he not be in the AFC east please?   

the "punt g-d" is amazing.  never seen anything like that one he popped in PS last year.  

With respect…Does it really matter if he ends up in the Division?

he is a punter… not 30 yr old Tom Brady…

On 5/9/2023 at 8:44 AM, streetkings01 said:

It’ll get overlooked……people will still refer to him as a rapist…..once your labeled it’s no shaking it even if your found innocent.

Yeah, some people will overlook it. And plenty more never heard about the crime.

And yeah, you can shake a label. Perhaps not completely. But you can. Ray Lewis is a damn good example.

It's a shame, what happened. But bad stuff happens to plenty of people. Araiza is hardly alone. He'll get past it, if he's tough, which seems to be the case.

Good luck to him. I wish him a good career and a good life.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Doc said:

https://www.nytimes.com/article/matt-araiza-rape-lawsuit-buffalo-bills.html

"In the lawsuit she accused the men, including Araiza, of raping her for about an hour and a half before she “stumbled out of the room bloody and crying.”

Lol you saw the original report when it came out.  A year later NYT misrepresents what was alleged in it and you rely on that?  Geez dude.

21 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

The teams don’t care about the pending civil suit, but Ariaza should.  You know her lawyer will be after every penny of his contract regardless of the validity of accusation.  

I think teams care about PR, optics and distractions.  So, my thinking is that there is still potential crap to come from a civil trial that could hurt Matt's employment status and a 6th round punter is not worthy of a team suffering any media mayhem.  I think teams do care, just surprised that the Jets don't see a risk here.

12 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I think teams do care, just surprised that the Jets don't see a risk here.

Big market team.  Yet Jets don't even have a majority of their fans in any county in US. Lots of other distractions. The Jets are a band of mercenaries. Jets are like the Wagner Group, not an organization where prayer vigils are held for the owner that attempts to care about character.

MA still found a way to put himself into this awkward situation...

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol you saw the original report when it came out.  A year later NYT misrepresents what was alleged in it and you rely on that?  Geez dude.

You may be right but I'll wait for the civil trial to see what they're specifically alleging.  Most everyone was (purposefully) led to believe that he participated in the gang rape beyond just leading her into the house and throwing her on the bed.  And the girl and her attorney have never denied that part.  But it still doesn't mean she isn't a liar and loser for trying to nail him for statutory rape as well as for claiming he gave her a beer, drugged her and took her into the house for the purpose of being gang raped.

Edited by Doc

On 5/24/2023 at 2:09 PM, quinnearlysghost88 said:

He still admitted to having sex with an underage girl.

Stop with this disingenuous language. There is a big, big difference between saying (as you allege he did), "I admit to having sex with an underage girl" and "I had sex with a girl at a college party; I was told she was of legal age." The latter, of course, is not punishable by law.

On 5/24/2023 at 2:50 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean if he admitted to having sex with underage girl, I don’t know how I’d be rooting for the guy. 

Omg here it is again

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

Matt Araiza plans to sue the plaintiff's lawyer for defamation and will not settle the lawsuit. In addition, plaintiff's lawyer Dan Gilleon will presss forward with his lawsuit and says Araiza is responsible even if he wasn't there:

Justice for Matt Araiza.

The victims attorney deserves and needs to be sued. They could conceivably sue her too but she likely has squat for assets. Symbolically I say YES. Will Matt Araiza  gain financially from this suit? I'm not a lawyer but I think he has decent chances of winning. I hope so in any case

• Vomit 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Yup and it should have been a slam dunk case.  Why wasn't it?

I'm sure cops spending nine months to process a report had no bearing on the quality of the case presented to the prosecution, nor was their insistence that the school not investigate and the schools decision to comply with that request. Oh, and lest we forget that over 94% of incidents involving sexual assault in this country actually lead to even an arrest. https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/10/06/less-than-percent-rapes-lead-felony-convictions-least-percent-victims-face-emotional-physical-consequences/

And of course that's not even bringing up the specter of a billion dollar collegiate sports empire that clearly does no wrong when it comes to incidents of sexual assaults at places like Penn St, Baylor, Tennessee, Florida State, etc.

Why oh why wasn't he prosecuted if he was guilty? It took 50 years for Bill Cosby to be prosecuted, 20 years for Danny Masterson, Trump is still on the loose. Fame, money and prestige are a hell of a shield when it comes to sexual assault allegations.

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Fame, money and prestige are a hell of a shield when it comes to sexual assault allegations.

Yeah, the fame, money and prestige of a college punter 😂

He wasn't prosecuted because the girl and her attorney are full of sh*t.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm sure cops spending nine months to process a report had no bearing on the quality of the case presented to the prosecution, nor was their insistence that the school not investigate and the schools decision to comply with that request. Oh, and lest we forget that over 94% of incidents involving sexual assault in this country actually lead to even an arrest. https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/10/06/less-than-percent-rapes-lead-felony-convictions-least-percent-victims-face-emotional-physical-consequences/

And of course that's not even bringing up the specter of a billion dollar collegiate sports empire that clearly does no wrong when it comes to incidents of sexual assaults at places like Penn St, Baylor, Tennessee, Florida State, etc.

Why oh why wasn't he prosecuted if he was guilty? It took 50 years for Bill Cosby to be prosecuted, 20 years for Danny Masterson, Trump is still on the loose. Fame, money and prestige are a hell of a shield when it comes to sexual assault allegations.

The amount of time the cops took had no bearing on anything.  Once it was proven that a) she lied about her age (as every high schooler who has ever gone to a college party has done) by witness accounts and b) it was consensual, rape and especially statutory rape were gone.  

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

The amount of time the cops took had no bearing on anything.  Once it was proven that a) she lied about her age (as every high schooler who has ever gone to a college party has done) by witness accounts and b) it was consensual, rape and especially statutory rape were gone.  

Um, consent has no bearing on statutory rape.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

The point being he didn't force himself on her.

Again, that point is not relevant to statutory rape. She was a minor and he is an adult. That's what matters. It can be consensual, and still be statutory rape.

I'm looking forward to all the shocked faces if it comes out this dude is a serial predator in 10-20 years.

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Again, that point is not relevant to statutory rape. 

Mistake of age is, however, which *seems* to be an issue here based on what little I've seen.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Mistake of age is, however, which *seems* to be an issue here based on what little I've seen.

Yup. That's the defense, and it seems to have worked.

11 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

He knows that.  It has been explained to him many times.  He doesn't care.

I don't need it explained to me. I'm well aware of the details of the case. He's not going to be held legally liable, but he still did it.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Yup. That's the defense, and it seems to have worked.

I don't need it explained to me. I'm well aware of the details of the case. He's not going to be held legally liable, but he still did it.

Why is a 22 year old engaging in a consensual sex act with a girl who told everyone who would listen she was 18 is such an egregious offense in your opinion? 

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Why is a 22 year old engaging in a consensual sex act with a girl who told everyone who would listen she was 18 is such an egregious offense in your opinion? 

Is this a serious question? Because he's 22 and she's 17. Where does your gag reflex kick in? Is 18 and 13 cool to you? 19 and 14? 20 and 15?

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Is this a serious question? Because he's 22 and she's 17. Where does your gag reflex kick in? Is 18 and 13 cool to you? 19 and 14? 20 and 15?

In your expertise in the field, can you often tell the difference between a 17 year old and 18 year old just by looking at them? Do you ID everybody you suspect of being under the age of 25 before you interact with them? Whats your process?

Edited by Jauronimo

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Oh. So you're an idiot.

intelligent response. I should have expected it. This place has a very lax attitude when it comes to sexual relations with minors it seems. It's more than a little concerning. I guess I shouldn't be surprised based on the other takes around here, but I still am. I thought this was an issue with a lot of common ground, but I guess it's "political" now.

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

intelligent response. I should have expected it. This place has a very lax attitude when it comes to sexual relations with minors it seems. It's more than a little concerning. I guess I shouldn't be surprised based on the other takes around here, but I still am. I thought this was an issue with a lot of common ground, but I guess it's "political" now.

It was a genius response to ignore the fact that the girl lied about her age and try to cast everyone else as a pedo.  You got the response you deserve but I edited it anyway.

Apparently its on Araiza to be able to intuit everyone's age like some kind of carnival barker and ignore the girl announcing to the party that shes 18.  Calling your stance on Araiza a crusade might be an understatement.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.