Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Nobody will know how aesthetic our stadium will look until you actually see it in person for the first time

Everybody related to the bills organization has said it is going to be top notch and state of the art

This board is filled with a bunch of whiners

I'm thrilled my children and their children will get to watch the bills

And the stadium will be beautiful 

Some people are never pleased and that's a fact

If you have fun as a Buffalo Bills fan and like everything in the new Bills stadium that is all that matters it’s sports entertainment have fun. There are going to be some criticism that just the way it is. But the criticism of other Bills fans of the new Bills stadium shouldn’t bother anyone as a Bills fan. If you personally love the new Bills stadium that is all that matters who cares what Bills fan Bob or Mary thinks at the end of the day it doesn’t matter.

The Buffalo Bills stadium is going up regardless of criticism. I would be more concerned if there was no criticism of the Bills new stadium? Because at least the criticism means the Bills fans are interested fan wise in the Buffalo Bills. Out of site out of mind. Criticism is good because at least there is some kind of interest in the Buffalo Bills in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

A 30 ft buffalo is over the top lmao

Besides the stadium... How many 30-40 foot buildings are in OP ? Lmao

Thing would be a skyscraper... 16 ft is close to a 2 story house

I know....30+ feet is overkill.  Just trying to be a bit over the top.  But I don't think 25' should be out of the question.

Edited by sven233
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, sven233 said:

I know....30+ feet is overkill.  Just trying to be a bit over the top.  But I don't think 25' should be out of the question.

If it's 20 ft tall it's going to be incredibly cool

I mean there's going to be drunk people trying to climb it weekly

Okay, having watched the video I’m still confused as to what the Bills are trying to do here. They seem desperate to NOT show their fans the new stadium. I’m a huge fan of physical models, like the one they feature in the video, but there again….show us the damn model!!! Don’t just show us people’s faces as they react to seeing the model. Geez! 

I can tell you this; the high production promotional video and the detailed physical model cost them way, way, way more to make than a computer generated fly around/through video. The skeptic in me is beginning to think that some of the fans on here may be right. You’re about to get colossally soaked on ticket prices! 

• Agree 4

38 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Okay, having watched the video I’m still confused as to what the Bills are trying to do here. They seem desperate to NOT show their fans the new stadium. I’m a huge fan of physical models, like the one they feature in the video, but there again….show us the damn model!!! Don’t just show us people’s faces as they react to seeing the model. Geez! 

I can tell you this; the high production promotional video and the detailed physical model cost them way, way, way more to make than a computer generated fly around/through video. The skeptic in me is beginning to think that some of the fans on here may be right. You’re about to get colossally soaked on ticket prices! 

Thank you 

58 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I think it's pretty clear what they're trying to do.  They want fans to come to the exhibition they've set up and be blown away rather than making a decision based upon a video or drawings.  And yes, of course tickets are going to be more expensive -- I don't understand why anyone would think differently.

The Buffalo Bills live experience in Orchard Park is going to change.  Not everyone who went to games before is going to be able to go in the future.  it's just the way it is.  That doesn't mean the stadium and experience for those who do go won't be awesome.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I think it's pretty clear what they're trying to do.  They want fans to come to the exhibition they've set up and be blown away rather than making a decision based upon a video or drawings.  And yes, of course tickets are going to be more expensive -- I don't understand why anyone would think differently.

The Buffalo Bills live experience in Orchard Park is going to change.  Not everyone who went to games before is going to be able to go in the future.  it's just the way it is.  That doesn't mean the stadium and experience for those who do go won't be awesome.

They will lose a lot of season ticket holders but the demand for individual game tickets will increase since going to games that way allows fans to avoid the PSL fee.

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

A 30 ft buffalo is over the top lmao

Besides the stadium... How many 30-40 foot buildings are in OP ? Lmao

Thing would be a skyscraper... 16 ft is close to a 2 story house

A two story house is typically around 25 feet (including the rafters).

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

They will lose a lot of season ticket holders but the demand for individual game tickets will increase since going to games that way allows fans to avoid the PSL fee.

They will lose some existing season ticket holders, and gain new ones.  I agree the individual game market will be just fine.

• Like (+1) 1

16 feet does feet a bit small for the Buffalo’s. Not that I really care if we even have them at all, but if you’re going to make them - why not make them a powerful striking feature?

My “Go Bills” Christmas sign in front of my house is close to 20 feet tall and I made it myself 😂.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

16 feet does feet a bit small for the Buffalo’s. Not that I really care if we even have them at all, but if you’re going to make them - why not make them a powerful striking feature?

My “Go Bills” Christmas sign in front of my house is close to 20 feet tall and I made it myself 😂.

I don't care if we have any bison. Especially if it adds another $200MM to the cost.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, eball said:

They will lose some existing season ticket holders, and gain new ones.  I agree the individual game market will be just fine.

As someone who lives 20 minutes away from MetLife. I can tell you there were thousands of Giants/Jets fans who dropped their seasons and just buy tickets on a game-by-game basis now to avoid the PSL fee. Both teams advertise to fans that season tickets are available to be purchased. That never happened at Giants Stadium as both teams sold-out with season tickets holders and had a waiting list to purchase season tickets. This is in the big market NYC area. So, you can only imagine what it will be like in a small market like Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I hope this dog and pony show is more about PSLs than ticket prices, although I expect them to go up at least 30%. Also hope this video is just a teaser for a more informative one coming later.

I did speak with my rep Audrey and she was very pleasant but not very forthcoming on info. She also wasn't clear that the order of who gets called is based on seat location and not tenure as a season ticket holder. So me, as a non-club 200-level holder will be behind the club and 100-section holders, even though I have 21-years of ownership.

9 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

If you have fun as a Buffalo Bills fan and like everything in the new Bills stadium that is all that matters it’s sports entertainment have fun. There are going to be some criticism that just the way it is. But the criticism of other Bills fans of the new Bills stadium shouldn’t bother anyone as a Bills fan. If you personally love the new Bills stadium that is all that matters who cares what Bills fan Bob or Mary thinks at the end of the day it doesn’t matter.

The Buffalo Bills stadium is going up regardless of criticism. I would be more concerned if there was no criticism of the Bills new stadium? Because at least the criticism means the Bills fans are interested fan wise in the Buffalo Bills. Out of site out of mind. Criticism is good because at least there is some kind of interest in the Buffalo Bills in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

But it does get tedious. Especially over dumb crap like how large the bison will be.

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I hope this dog and pony show is more about PSLs than ticket prices, although I expect them to go up at least 30%. Also hope this video is just a teaser for a more informative one coming later.

I did speak with my rep Audrey and she was very pleasant but not very forthcoming on info. She also wasn't clear that the order of who gets called is based on seat location and not tenure as a season ticket holder. So me, as a non-club 200-level holder will be behind the club and 100-section holders, even though I have 21-years of ownership.

I asked my rep three questions via email and she then called me.  She , as PTR's rep was, did not provide a lot of information but her "answers" did somewhat contradict what PTR's rep told him. My questions were about whether or not there would be a Family Section, and if so, would it be covered, and what was the price range for PSL's in that section. She told me she had no answers but did say she, and other reps, were hearing the Family Section question a lot. Those of us STHers in those sections love the fact that there is no drinking and really hope that there will still be a section or two in the stadium with similar rules. She did tell me that after the Box seat people, "people would be contacted in order of tenure AND by section".  I should have pressed her more on this I suppose. She also, oddly, told me that the box people "would not be offered to purchases ST's in sections such as mine until we had a chance to purchase them".  In any event, it sounds like they will not get to me for several months. I am eager to hear some news but since the box people are going first, I amcertain the PSL's for those sections will be higher than for us cheaper seat areas.  I hope. Gulp.  Go Bills!

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But it does get tedious. Especially over dumb crap like how large the bison will be.

Like you, I don’t care if we have bisons or not. However:

1) I believe if you’re going to do something, do it right. Don’t half ass it. Do it full ass or no ass.

2) I don’t blame people who don’t like it and want to voice their opinion. After all, they are paying for these bisons. If the Bills were paying for this stadium in full, I’d give zero craps on what they do. Their money, their choice. But that is not what is happening here. New Yorkers are paying for a large portion of this stadium. And those who pay, should have a voice.

13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Everybody related to the bills organization has said it is going to be top notch and state of the art

Even if it was a pile of dung, do you really expect anyone in the Bills organization to say so? What employees of the organization say about their own project is absolutely worthless because they are paid to say it is great.

This is akin to saying “Everyone who says that movie is terrible must be wrong - the producers and actors said it was great!”

I have no idea whether it will be great or not. All I can say is that what they have released so far looks pretty milquetoast.

1 hour ago, eball said:

I agree. There seems like a significantly disproportionate emphasis on marketing going on here. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Okay, having watched the video I’m still confused as to what the Bills are trying to do here. They seem desperate to NOT show their fans the new stadium. 

Yep.  Very strange.  

57 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It should be 100% based on seniority. So people who have had seasons for 40 years or more in the least expensive seats at the current stadium, will be after someone who has had seasons in between the 20’s for just a few years?

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

It’s not the size of the buffalo, it’s the motion of the ocean.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This isn't the first time I've heard that priority will be based on seat location, not seniority.

My other concern are the multiple tiers halfway up the stadium.  Are those all considered to be club seats?  If so, that's a huge increase of seats from the old stadium, which will give less options to regular season ticket holders.  This is similar to the concerns I saw with how Jacksonville prioritized their club seats.  

The new Buffalo Bills stadium is what it is. As a Bills fan I wish the Bills organization wouldn’t show anymore fluff videos of the lacking new Bills stadium it’s just too much of a dividing topic for many Western New Yorkers what went down to talk about just build the Bills stadium. The Bills fans will decide if the PSL’s and what the Bills are offering is right for them personally. Don’t sell isn’t a Buffalo Statue great when they are all around Buffalo area for years. That would be like the Buffalo Bisons saying buy Bisons season tickets we have a statue of former mayor Jimmy Griffin outside our Bisons baseball park who cares? That isn’t special or unique to Buffalo three Buffalo statues outside a stadium in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Bisons! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

This isn't the first time I've heard that priority will be based on seat location, not seniority.

My other concern are the multiple tiers halfway up the stadium.  Are those all considered to be club seats?  If so, that's a huge increase of seats from the old stadium, which will give less options to regular season ticket holders.  This is similar to the concerns I saw with how Jacksonville prioritized their club seats.  

I’ve been saying this for 2 years now. Priototu will go to suite members first. Then club seat members. Then the rest of general admission. Based on seniority in those sections. 

yes, most of those multiple tiers will end up being multiple club and suite levels of multiple options. I’m site there will be some general admission seats among them but I’d be willing to bet that most of those tears between the 20s will be all clubs. We’ll see soon enough I guess. Calls to go to the stadium experience should be starting pretty soon now. 

The funny thing about the "Giant Buffaloes" is that NOBODY knew or cared about giant buffaloes until they showed a single, grainy, VERY preliminary mockup of a stadium CONCEPT that had giant buffaloes.  Talk about mob-mentality. 

On the issue of the stadium, itself....having gone through this when the Mets moved from Shea to Citifield, I can sadly say the next fews year will be downright intolerable. Everyone is going to B word and complain and be miserable and nitpick the hell of of everything from the color of the seats, to the size of statues to the proposed flavors of the urinal cakes.  The blather will drone on and reach a fever pitch around the first pre-season game when they let the unwashed masses into the building the first time, at which point everyone will REALLY lose their minds. 

"When I sit in my new seat, the beer stand is 6.78 meters further than it was at the Ralph!!!!! AARRRRRGGGHHHHHTSKLJFSHSLK!!!!!!"

But then....guess what? Unless they seriously screw it up (looking at YOU, MetLife) after like Game 5 EVERYONE will forget what they spent the last few years gouging their eyes out about, will settle in to their new digs, and will absolutely love the building. Also...and this is the most important part...if things are discovered that really need to be tweaked in the new buidling after the org learns how things work and flow in real life on gameday....they will make those tweaks. And the place will be even better. 

Edited by RkFast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RkFast said:

The funny thing about the "Giant Buffaloes" is that NODOBY knew or cared about giant buffaloes until they showed a single, grainy, VERY preliminary mockup of a CONCEPT of a stadium with giant buffaloes.  Talk about mob-mentality. 

On the issue of the stadium, itself....having gone through this when the Mets moved from Shea to Citifield, I can sadly say the next fews year will be downright intolerable. Everyone is going to B word and complain and be miserable and nitpick the hell of of everything from the color of the seats, to the size of statues to the proposed flavors of the urinal cakes.  The mindless blather drone on and reach a fever pitch around the first pre-season game when they let the unwashed masses into the building the first time.

And guess what? Unless they seriously screw it up (looking at YOU, MetLife) after like Game 5 EVERYONE will forget what they spent the last few years gouging their eyes out about and will absolutely love the new building.

It is a truly fascinating quality humans possess, they can grow to tolerate almost anything, no matter how objectionable it may be perceived as.

I agree entirely with your perspectives. Damn the perspectives of the common man who is paying for such things, let the corporations who are profiting make all the decisions. The peons will mostly learn to adapt, and if some do not all the better, there are less seats for their ilk in this new stadium anyways.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Dancing Fool said:

Damn the perspectives of the common man 

The organization sent out a multiple page survey to all season ticket holders and then expanded the survey to the general fanbase. It was several pages long and covered multiple topics from tailgating preferences, to where the building should go, to what it should be like inside, to what flavor the urinal cakes should be. Did you not complete the survey? You should have completed the survey. FWIW, I picked "chocolate chocolate chip" on the urinal cakes flavor multiple choice question. Also...if you read my rant to the end, you would have noticed it had a happy ending. 

https://www.driveresearch.com/market-research-company-blog/survey-shows-what-bills-fans-want-for-new-stadium-in-buffalo/

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Daily/Issues/2022/07/06/Facilities/Bills-stadium-survey-fan-experience.aspx

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/buffalo/news/2022/05/07/bills-release-new-survey-asking-for-input-from-season-ticket-holders

Edited by RkFast

28 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’ve been saying this for 2 years now. Priototu will go to suite members first. Then club seat members. Then the rest of general admission. Based on seniority in those sections. 

yes, most of those multiple tiers will end up being multiple club and suite levels of multiple options. I’m site there will be some general admission seats among them but I’d be willing to bet that most of those tears between the 20s will be all clubs. We’ll see soon enough I guess. Calls to go to the stadium experience should be starting pretty soon now. 

I'll be unhappy if the decent seats between the 30's all go to club seats or people with less seniority. 

I want to believe the Pegulas are tapped into the local market and fans, knowing how the fanbase is.  But I also don't trust the influence of the NFL owners to make this stadium as much of a money grab as possible.  

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I'll be unhappy if the decent seats between the 30's all go to club seats or people with less seniority. 

I want to believe the Pegulas are tapped into the local market and fans, knowing how the fanbase is.  But I also don't trust the influence of the NFL owners to make this stadium as much of a money grab as possible.  

Prepare to be unhappy. Unless you are going to pay for club seats or the extremely high PSLs and ticket prices for the 100 levels between the same yard markers 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Dr Krentist said:

Interesting note today that I haven't heard before.  Sal C was on the show and talked about the parking lots that they are going to accommodate more parking spaces as well as the spaces being large enough set up a pop up tent (i'm assuming one of those 10'x10' tents that you get at walmart).  Thought that was a really cool idea to help make the lanes less congested while trying to drive to your spot.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Interesting note today that I haven't heard before.  Sal C was on the show and talked about the parking lots that they are going to accommodate more parking spaces as well as the spaces being large enough set up a pop up tent (i'm assuming one of those 10'x10' tents that you get at walmart).  Thought that was a really cool idea to help make the lanes less congested while trying to drive to your spot.

I’d imagine they will have considerably more parking after the old stadium is torn down for many different things. Still doesn’t help with the Disney style parking they make you go through.  People want to park and be next to their friends and family. Creating one giant party area. Add to the fact that you can’t park in nfl lots more than 5 hours prior to kickoff. It’s an nfl policy. The reason we have such crazy tailgates is the multiple lots not team owned that bypass this. 

well, I say that but at the same time the Bills are and have been buying up as many of the small lots as possible. Will they get rid of all of them? Absolutely not. But all the major big ones near by will likely end up being Bills owned in the very near future. Not to mention the trash that tailgates now won’t generally be at the games, as ticket prices will be too crazy and the wine and cheese crowd takes over. 

Just got off the phone with my new stadium rep.

62,000 seats PLUS a standing room only section under the video board which, if memory serves be right, can hold up to an ADDITIONAL 5000 people.  We aren't losing nearly the number if seats people claim.

I'm currently in 226 and, yes, I have to get something comparable in the new stadium. FWIW all of the 300, 200 are impacted by the canopy, as well as some of the 100s.  Sounds like the pictures don't do that thing justice.

Just to give everyone an idea of a timeline, my date, as a club level ticket holder, will probably be in 4 or 5 months, so this will take some time, but I have a feeling it will be well worth it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

62,000 seats PLUS a standing room only section under the video board which, if memory serves be right, can hold up to an ADDITIONAL 5000 people.  We aren't losing nearly the number if seats people claim.

I'm currently in 226 and, yes, I have to get something comparable in the new stadium. FWIW all of the 300, 200 are impacted by the canopy, as well as some of the 100s.  Sounds like the pictures don't do that thing justice.

Just to give everyone an idea of a timeline, my date, as a club level ticket holder, will probably be in 4 or 5 months, so this will take some time, but I have a feeling it will be well worth it.

Did they say what “comparable” meant? Do you have to choose club level seats. Covered seats. Price range? Etc. And what is your club seniority for reference. 

thanks 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

Just for clarity, are you current seats considered to be "club seats?"  I'm trying see if all the seats in the new middle sections that overhang each other are going to be considered club seats, or if regular seat season ticket holders have a shot at them.

• Like (+1) 1